“Great Rooms!!” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6969 Lenoir Ave E, Jacksonville, FL 32216   |
Ranked #26 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
“Great Rooms!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Just checked in and this is a great room! Was a little skeptical when we walked into the lobby because there were soda or tea spills/spots all over the floor in front of the elevators and in front of the check in counter in several places and was hoping it wouldn't carry over into the rooms as far as cleanliness goes... Our room is newly renovated and looks great and couldn't be happier with it! Nice big bed and am glad they give a nice military discount! As far as I know they don't have any kind of breakfast but they do have room service for lunch and dinner. There is a Cracker Barrel next door though, so will go there in the morning! After searching many hotels tonight and having them all be at full capacity & actually checking into one only to get to our floor and it wreak of weed and have to check back out (Microtel next door) it was nice to finally find one and it be so nice! Thanks Red Roof Inn!!

• Stayed February 2013
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you for review. We truly appreciate your comments and will share it with my staff. I will definitely remind my desk clerks to check the condition of the lobby and check in area throughout their shifts. My staff and I work hard to make every guests"' stay as comfortable as possible.

We would love to see you once again when you travel in Jacksonville.

Please let me know when I could be of assistance to you.

Yours in Hospitality

169 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We were in Jacksonville for a concert at the arena, and picked this based on all the great reviews. We weren't disappointed to say the least - in fact, we were very impressed. I have to say, this changed my impression of Red Roof Inns overall - never considered staying at one before. The grounds, lobby and room were all nicely decorated and clean. Very, very clean. Nice bed, nice desk/workspace, and a safe if you need it. Bathroom was just as clean, good water pressure, clean & thick towels. No breakfast, no hair dryer but we didn't need those things anyhow. For such an inexpensive rate, we were thrilled.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Memfizgir

We appreciate your great review. The hotel had been transformed according to our guests" needs.
I will share your comments to my staff. We at the Red Roof Inn pride ourselves in delivering clean rooms and great customer service. We hope that you will use my inn and other inns in the near future.

Please let me when you will be in town.

Pensacola, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was easy to locate, clean and very reasonably priced. I enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay again. I had an upgraded king room that had been remodeled. Bed was very comfy. First floor of hotel was still under construction, but you wouldn't have known just by staying there. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for the great review. Our hotel is indeed located and is accessible to I-95. We love that you had a great sleep in our new Serta Beds. I will share this positive comment to my staff. We will see you soon and by that time the first floor is already done.

Jackson, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Manager took care of us after a lousy stay in a nearby hotel. Booked our reservation herself. Room was very clean and quiet with a pet she said always a ground floor a real +++. Will stay there from now on. 5 STAR rating.Nice staff very accomadating.

Room Tip: If you have a pet tell them they will give you a ground floor!!! KIng suite with couch was a great v...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Landstar Lady,

Thank you for the great review. We truly appreciate that inspite of the wide selection of hotels in my area, you chose to stay at my inn. Yes the first and second floors are excellent rooms for our guests like you with friendly pets. We love to take care of them too. I will share your great review with my staff.

We would look forward on your next visit when you get back to Jacksonville. Please mention again that you have a pet so we can better accomodate you on the first floor. You can email me directly when you are ready to book a room.

Have a great weekend.

Gold Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this Red Roof location and found the newly remodeled room to be very comfortable and roomy. The service from the staff was excellent. They responded quickly to any requests we had. It was located close to many restaurants and places for entertainment.

Room Tip: The Super King with refrigerator and microwave is superb.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Ms. Diane A,

Thank you for the great review about our newly remodeled rooms. We are happy to give you the quality and comfort that you deserve in my inn and our brand. We know that you have other choices but chose to stay with us. We are truly greatful for your business and loyalty.

Please let us know when your next stay will be and we will be of utmost service to you and your needs. I will certainly share this great comment to my staff.

Have a great week.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here many times when I just need a getaway. Everything from the staff to the rooms to price and location are excellent. But to me it is Jo and Ann that really make this hotel and keep me coming back. They are both so friendly and accomodating and make sure you have everything you need. I always enjoy just chatting with them as im checking in. The rennovations they have recently done are super nice, and the new serta beds are so so comfortable. If your looking for a great place to stay at a reasonable price with warm and friendly staff, youve found your place. I will keep going here for years and definately reccomend it.

• Stayed January 2013
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Hazeleyes31,

Thank you so much for the fantastic review you posted about me, TIna, the entire staff and my inn. I am so happy that you had enjoyed our new Serta pillowtop beds, beddings and wooden floors. The complete floor renovatons will be finalized soon and you can be on any floor that you desire.

It is our goal to give you and all our guests excellent customer service and we will strive to retain the quality of rooms and truly appreciate your business.

We hope to see you again in your next stay.

Have a great week.

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Let me start by saying I always choose my hotels by reviews of other travelers. I saw that this Manager always responded to reviews left and mostly everyone was happy with their stay. Well, when I checked in my Priceline reservation said 12pm checkout. The hotel did not honor this even though that's what I paid for. They said Priceline got it wrong?? I am the consumer and they didn't honor it... Then early in the morning when I had checked in after midnight same day I was woken up by moving of objects, banging, etc... Needless to say I did not get the rest I was anticipating. When I went to checkout the clerk in the morning Tina was there. I complained about the noise I thought was coming from the 5th floor. She told me no, the noise is coming from the 3rd floor because of renovations. I asked to speak to a manager and was told Josephine Myers would be in on Monday. I filed a complaint with Priceline and was denied because Josephine Myers said there was nothing going on????? When I called Ms. Myers to ask why she would say there was nothing going on she responded because there wasn't anyone there on the 3rd working! REALLY!!! I was awoken early in the morning, it was verified by Tina the front desk clerk and you still say no? So I said, basically you are calling me a liar? Her answer, I don't know. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! FAIL FAIL FAIL!!! I should of been told about renovations, they should have honored the 12pm checkout time since it was not my fault.
When I told her I would let everyone know how I was treated and how she is a LIAR! she said she would only have a response ready and would do what she needed not to have her hotel or her put down.
CONSUMER BEWARE!!!! VERY SHADY... she loves to answer the good comments but can't respond when she knows she DID WRONG!!! WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Make sure renovations are finished with!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Mr. Rascon,

Let me extend my sincere apologies for your experience. Since our last conversation, I will take action in getting Priceline to give you a credit in your card. You probably did not hear what I said as you were very upset at that time. Please send me an email should you not see the credit yet in your account. I am still waiting for Priceline to give me the confirmation. I did not realize that it was still not done on their part and I will follow it up.

I would like you to know that we value our guests and my staf and I f do not want to send a negative message to you as well. We would like you to try our hotel again when you happen to be in Jacksonville, FL.

jmyers@redroof.com

Been to Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint? Share your experiences!