“Love this place the staff is awesome!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6969 Lenoir Ave E, Jacksonville, FL 32216   |
Ranked #40 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
Jacksonville, Florida
“Love this place the staff is awesome!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here many times when I just need a getaway. Everything from the staff to the rooms to price and location are excellent. But to me it is Jo and Ann that really make this hotel and keep me coming back. They are both so friendly and accomodating and make sure you have everything you need. I always enjoy just chatting with them as im checking in. The rennovations they have recently done are super nice, and the new serta beds are so so comfortable. If your looking for a great place to stay at a reasonable price with warm and friendly staff, youve found your place. I will keep going here for years and definately reccomend it.

• Stayed January 2013
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Hazeleyes31,

Thank you so much for the fantastic review you posted about me, TIna, the entire staff and my inn. I am so happy that you had enjoyed our new Serta pillowtop beds, beddings and wooden floors. The complete floor renovatons will be finalized soon and you can be on any floor that you desire.

It is our goal to give you and all our guests excellent customer service and we will strive to retain the quality of rooms and truly appreciate your business.

We hope to see you again in your next stay.

Have a great week.

189 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Let me start by saying I always choose my hotels by reviews of other travelers. I saw that this Manager always responded to reviews left and mostly everyone was happy with their stay. Well, when I checked in my Priceline reservation said 12pm checkout. The hotel did not honor this even though that's what I paid for. They said Priceline got it wrong?? I am the consumer and they didn't honor it... Then early in the morning when I had checked in after midnight same day I was woken up by moving of objects, banging, etc... Needless to say I did not get the rest I was anticipating. When I went to checkout the clerk in the morning Tina was there. I complained about the noise I thought was coming from the 5th floor. She told me no, the noise is coming from the 3rd floor because of renovations. I asked to speak to a manager and was told Josephine Myers would be in on Monday. I filed a complaint with Priceline and was denied because Josephine Myers said there was nothing going on????? When I called Ms. Myers to ask why she would say there was nothing going on she responded because there wasn't anyone there on the 3rd working! REALLY!!! I was awoken early in the morning, it was verified by Tina the front desk clerk and you still say no? So I said, basically you are calling me a liar? Her answer, I don't know. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! FAIL FAIL FAIL!!! I should of been told about renovations, they should have honored the 12pm checkout time since it was not my fault.
When I told her I would let everyone know how I was treated and how she is a LIAR! she said she would only have a response ready and would do what she needed not to have her hotel or her put down.
CONSUMER BEWARE!!!! VERY SHADY... she loves to answer the good comments but can't respond when she knows she DID WRONG!!! WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Make sure renovations are finished with!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Mr. Rascon,

Let me extend my sincere apologies for your experience. Since our last conversation, I will take action in getting Priceline to give you a credit in your card. You probably did not hear what I said as you were very upset at that time. Please send me an email should you not see the credit yet in your account. I am still waiting for Priceline to give me the confirmation. I did not realize that it was still not done on their part and I will follow it up.

I would like you to know that we value our guests and my staf and I f do not want to send a negative message to you as well. We would like you to try our hotel again when you happen to be in Jacksonville, FL.

Baxley, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I hadn't been to the Southpoint area in over 6 months and was surprised with the renovations of the rooms. I and 3 others stayed in one of the suites and it was SUPERB! The new Serta beds were so comfortable I took a nap before I went to bed. One of my guests had never stayed in a chain hotel in the USA before and just loved this one. I know that my family and I always stay here for its location and great staff. The General Manager has a well trained staff and it is such a pleasant time just to chat with Jo and Kim. These two make the hotel worth every stay. I appreciate everything they have done and will always be in our hearts. No other hotel has made us feel more at home and part of the family like the Red Roof Inn - Southpoint.

Thanks for the superb rooms.

Room Tip: Super Kings and Suites are an outstanding value and comfort.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Royal_US_Marine,

Thank you for the great review. I am so glad that our new Serta beds made a difference. Kim has been very instrumental in my inn as she excels in customer service. I will share this information to her and to the rest of my staff who is inclined to give the best service to our guests.

I also made a note on your suggestion about a bigger coffee pot in the suites.

We hope to be of service again to you in the coming nonths.

Have a great year.

Panama City Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This hotel has blown away my perception of Red Roof Hotels. I had always believed them to be lower standard places more suitable to students and such. This hotel was every bit as comfortable, clean and enjoyable as any moderately priced facility and they do it for less.
I believe the management makes the difference. I stayed at this hotel because the manager takes the time to address every internet review she finds from customers (good and not so good). This tells me that the management cares very much about customer staisfaction and I was right. All the staff are trained well and they show professionalism and courtesy to every guest. There are not a lot of extras in this price range (eg. no breakfast, gym) but you can expect the basic comforts and a good nights rest in a clean hotel if you stay here. I would recommend this facility to folks staying in the area.

Room Tip: If you call the hotel directly, you might get a getter rate than going through one of the popular tr...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear THEOPHILLUS36340,

My staff and I would like to thank you for your great review in our hotel. We are very much committed in having our guests like you to choose our property inspite of the other brands in the area. Our commitment is to give excellent service and we are passionate in providing clean and comfortable rooms even without the added frills.

The hotel is getting a room facelift and we would like you to try our new Serta pillowtop beds. Our 5th floor is now rentable. Please mention that you would like to be on the 5th floor on your next visit. The hotel is also 100% smoke free.

Please do not hesitate to email me directly at jmyers@redroof.com. It will be our pleasure to be of service to you one again.

Happy holidays to you and your family.

Lighthouse Point, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Driving all day from Lumberton NC and still with 5 hours of driving, it was a pleasure to pull right off 95 to a clean, quiet location. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. And although there was room service available I choose to go out to one of the many eateries around this motel complex. Easy access from room to car: pet friendly. A good nights rest and the trip to Lighthouse Pt breezed by because I was rested and ready to go!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear JohnFItz2521,

Thank you for your great review. We are pleased to announce that our rooms are getting renovated and with the new Serta beds and linen would be in place.Yyou will certainly have a heavenly sleep. The restaurants are a few yards away and I am glad that you chose to walk in this beautiful Florida we had last week.

I will share your review to my staff. We value your opinion and it will be our great pleasure to be of service to you again.

Enjoy your holidays.

Sanford, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

this red roof was nice, had a first floor room as requested, bed was good and room was clean. no breakfast and no decaf coffee. wish all motels would do decaf coffee, would be helpful. front desk was nice and helpful.

Room Tip: furst floor rooms are what we prefer and almost always get them.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Delo1234,

I appreciate your review in TripAdvisor. Our rates are very competitive in the area. We value our guests and help them in anyway to get the best rate in town. I am pleased to announce that the hotel rooms are undergoing renovation and will have new Serta beds and bedding.

Our decaf coffee is served on sachets in the coffee station at the lobby. Had we known you preferred decaf, we could have made a cup or two for you. Please let my desk clerk know on your next travel. It will be our pleasure to do that.

We hope to serve you again in the future. Happy Holidays to you.

Key Largo, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is a greatly priced hotel for a one night stay! It has a little pool, it even has some snacks in the lobby in the morning (pop tarts, granola bars, cinnamon buns)! The only downside is the rooms are a little small, and the suites are never fixed whenever I stay here. I stayed in a suite once; very spacious! I would say this is probably the best red roof inn i've stayed in!

Room Tip: Do not book suites - there is always something wrong with the plumbing.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Aidan J,

Thank you for your review in TripAdvisor survey. The hotel is undergoing a renovation on all rooms. Hopefully the plumbing issue on the suites will be resolved. I am pleased to announce that new Serta beds and bedding will be in place.

The pull out couch is not made up as several of our previous guests thinks that the sheets are not changed. Our front desk clerk or a housekeeper will gladly make up the bed for you. I am not sure if that is what you meant on your concern.

I will certainly pass this comment to my staff. We hope to be of service to you again in the near future.

May you have a great holiday in the coming days.

jmyers@redroof.com

Been to Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint? Share your experiences!