“Superb Rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Baxley, Georgia
“Superb Rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I hadn't been to the Southpoint area in over 6 months and was surprised with the renovations of the rooms. I and 3 others stayed in one of the suites and it was SUPERB! The new Serta beds were so comfortable I took a nap before I went to bed. One of my guests had never stayed in a chain hotel in the USA before and just loved this one. I know that my family and I always stay here for its location and great staff. The General Manager has a well trained staff and it is such a pleasant time just to chat with Jo and Kim. These two make the hotel worth every stay. I appreciate everything they have done and will always be in our hearts. No other hotel has made us feel more at home and part of the family like the Red Roof Inn - Southpoint.

Thanks for the superb rooms.

Room Tip: Super Kings and Suites are an outstanding value and comfort.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Royal_US_Marine,

Thank you for the great review. I am so glad that our new Serta beds made a difference. Kim has been very instrumental in my inn as she excels in customer service. I will share this information to her and to the rest of my staff who is inclined to give the best service to our guests.

I also made a note on your suggestion about a bigger coffee pot in the suites.

We hope to be of service again to you in the coming nonths.

Have a great year.

jmyers@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Panama City Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This hotel has blown away my perception of Red Roof Hotels. I had always believed them to be lower standard places more suitable to students and such. This hotel was every bit as comfortable, clean and enjoyable as any moderately priced facility and they do it for less.
I believe the management makes the difference. I stayed at this hotel because the manager takes the time to address every internet review she finds from customers (good and not so good). This tells me that the management cares very much about customer staisfaction and I was right. All the staff are trained well and they show professionalism and courtesy to every guest. There are not a lot of extras in this price range (eg. no breakfast, gym) but you can expect the basic comforts and a good nights rest in a clean hotel if you stay here. I would recommend this facility to folks staying in the area.

Room Tip: If you call the hotel directly, you might get a getter rate than going through one of the popular tr...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear THEOPHILLUS36340,

My staff and I would like to thank you for your great review in our hotel. We are very much committed in having our guests like you to choose our property inspite of the other brands in the area. Our commitment is to give excellent service and we are passionate in providing clean and comfortable rooms even without the added frills.

The hotel is getting a room facelift and we would like you to try our new Serta pillowtop beds. Our 5th floor is now rentable. Please mention that you would like to be on the 5th floor on your next visit. The hotel is also 100% smoke free.

Please do not hesitate to email me directly at jmyers@redroof.com. It will be our pleasure to be of service to you one again.

Happy holidays to you and your family.

Lighthouse Point, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Driving all day from Lumberton NC and still with 5 hours of driving, it was a pleasure to pull right off 95 to a clean, quiet location. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. And although there was room service available I choose to go out to one of the many eateries around this motel complex. Easy access from room to car: pet friendly. A good nights rest and the trip to Lighthouse Pt breezed by because I was rested and ready to go!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear JohnFItz2521,

Thank you for your great review. We are pleased to announce that our rooms are getting renovated and with the new Serta beds and linen would be in place.Yyou will certainly have a heavenly sleep. The restaurants are a few yards away and I am glad that you chose to walk in this beautiful Florida we had last week.

I will share your review to my staff. We value your opinion and it will be our great pleasure to be of service to you again.

Enjoy your holidays.

Sanford, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

this red roof was nice, had a first floor room as requested, bed was good and room was clean. no breakfast and no decaf coffee. wish all motels would do decaf coffee, would be helpful. front desk was nice and helpful.

Room Tip: furst floor rooms are what we prefer and almost always get them.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Delo1234,

I appreciate your review in TripAdvisor. Our rates are very competitive in the area. We value our guests and help them in anyway to get the best rate in town. I am pleased to announce that the hotel rooms are undergoing renovation and will have new Serta beds and bedding.

Our decaf coffee is served on sachets in the coffee station at the lobby. Had we known you preferred decaf, we could have made a cup or two for you. Please let my desk clerk know on your next travel. It will be our pleasure to do that.

We hope to serve you again in the future. Happy Holidays to you.

Key Largo, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is a greatly priced hotel for a one night stay! It has a little pool, it even has some snacks in the lobby in the morning (pop tarts, granola bars, cinnamon buns)! The only downside is the rooms are a little small, and the suites are never fixed whenever I stay here. I stayed in a suite once; very spacious! I would say this is probably the best red roof inn i've stayed in!

Room Tip: Do not book suites - there is always something wrong with the plumbing.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Aidan J,

Thank you for your review in TripAdvisor survey. The hotel is undergoing a renovation on all rooms. Hopefully the plumbing issue on the suites will be resolved. I am pleased to announce that new Serta beds and bedding will be in place.

The pull out couch is not made up as several of our previous guests thinks that the sheets are not changed. Our front desk clerk or a housekeeper will gladly make up the bed for you. I am not sure if that is what you meant on your concern.

I will certainly pass this comment to my staff. We hope to be of service to you again in the near future.

May you have a great holiday in the coming days.

Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed at the Red Roof Jacksonville Southpoint recently on a drive to Florida. The location is great, as you are right off Butler Blvd and close to restaurants, highways, and not too far from the beach. It is a great location for a long drive.
I have stayed at this location a few times. Check in was fast and efficient. I used a red roof points certificate, so my room was free (the regular charge for this time of year was around $90 - $100).
The room was decent, but as soon as the door opened, it was very musty smelling. Fortunately, the window opens a little, which helped to air out the room.
The room itself looked clean, and we had a superior king with refrigerator and microwave. The bed was comfortable and the bed linens looked clean. I would like to see them move away from those old comforters (which had several cigarette burn holes) to duvets though.
The bathroom was clean as well.
The grounds are fine, and the hotel was crowded for a one night stay. There is no breakfast, only some coffees in the morning. Wi-fi was strong throughout.
Overall, this is a budget hotel that is probably not worth the $90/night, but is great otherwise. I have stayed before, but would like to see them renovate like many other Red Roofs to modernize.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear PSB Chris,

Thank you for your comments in TripAdvisor. The hotel is undergoing a renovation and you will like our new Serta beds and the new bedding program. We hope to see you in the near future.
Please email me on your next reservation.

I will certainly pass on this review to share it with my staff.
I hope you had a great Thanksgiving week.

Marianna
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many many times. The staff are wonderful, the management concerned and considerate. But this last time I stayed one night there, I pulled back the sheets on one of the beds and there were small blood stains all over the sheets. The sheets on the other bed were clean, but this disturbed me quite a bit. It appeared someone had small cuts on their legs and body and bled on the sheets, and the sheets were not changed, but the bed was just made for the next guest (me). I told the front desk and my bill was discounted by $10.

• Stayed October 2012
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Mike P.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Jacksonville - Southpoint Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies. The linen should always be changed and is not acceptable if the houskeeper had not made the right task. I will personally re-train my housekeepers.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future

jmyers@redroof.com

Been to Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint? Share your experiences!