I stayed at the Red Roof Jacksonville Southpoint recently on a drive to Florida. The location is great, as you are right off Butler Blvd and close to restaurants, highways, and not too far from the beach. It is a great location for a long drive.
I have stayed at this location a few times. Check in was fast and efficient. I used a red roof points certificate, so my room was free (the regular charge for this time of year was around $90 - $100).
The room was decent, but as soon as the door opened, it was very musty smelling. Fortunately, the window opens a little, which helped to air out the room.
The room itself looked clean, and we had a superior king with refrigerator and microwave. The bed was comfortable and the bed linens looked clean. I would like to see them move away from those old comforters (which had several cigarette burn holes) to duvets though.
The bathroom was clean as well.
The grounds are fine, and the hotel was crowded for a one night stay. There is no breakfast, only some coffees in the morning. Wi-fi was strong throughout.
Overall, this is a budget hotel that is probably not worth the $90/night, but is great otherwise. I have stayed before, but would like to see them renovate like many other Red Roofs to modernize.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn - Southpoint Hotel Jacksonville
- Red Roof Inn - Southpoint Hotel
- Red Roof Inn Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Red Roof Inn
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Red Roof Inn, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Venere, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Red Roof Inn - Southpoint reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.