“Good choice on a budget” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6969 Lenoir Ave E, Jacksonville, FL 32216   |
Ranked #37 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good choice on a budget”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed at the Red Roof Jacksonville Southpoint recently on a drive to Florida. The location is great, as you are right off Butler Blvd and close to restaurants, highways, and not too far from the beach. It is a great location for a long drive.
I have stayed at this location a few times. Check in was fast and efficient. I used a red roof points certificate, so my room was free (the regular charge for this time of year was around $90 - $100).
The room was decent, but as soon as the door opened, it was very musty smelling. Fortunately, the window opens a little, which helped to air out the room.
The room itself looked clean, and we had a superior king with refrigerator and microwave. The bed was comfortable and the bed linens looked clean. I would like to see them move away from those old comforters (which had several cigarette burn holes) to duvets though.
The bathroom was clean as well.
The grounds are fine, and the hotel was crowded for a one night stay. There is no breakfast, only some coffees in the morning. Wi-fi was strong throughout.
Overall, this is a budget hotel that is probably not worth the $90/night, but is great otherwise. I have stayed before, but would like to see them renovate like many other Red Roofs to modernize.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear PSB Chris,

Thank you for your comments in TripAdvisor. The hotel is undergoing a renovation and you will like our new Serta beds and the new bedding program. We hope to see you in the near future.
Please email me on your next reservation.

I will certainly pass on this review to share it with my staff.
I hope you had a great Thanksgiving week.

182 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Marianna
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many many times. The staff are wonderful, the management concerned and considerate. But this last time I stayed one night there, I pulled back the sheets on one of the beds and there were small blood stains all over the sheets. The sheets on the other bed were clean, but this disturbed me quite a bit. It appeared someone had small cuts on their legs and body and bled on the sheets, and the sheets were not changed, but the bed was just made for the next guest (me). I told the front desk and my bill was discounted by $10.

• Stayed October 2012
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Mike P.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Jacksonville - Southpoint Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies. The linen should always be changed and is not acceptable if the houskeeper had not made the right task. I will personally re-train my housekeepers.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

My uncle stayed at your Red Roof Inn from August 17 - August 21 and he is still talking about how nice and professional you were. He wants to thank you for going out and beyond on making his stay comfortable. My warmest congratulations to the hotel for their choice of personnel. They know how to really make you feel that you are of most importance. Congratulations from the heart Brittany, you were fantastic.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Beverly J,

Thank you for your great review. appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Jacksonville - Southpoint Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of my team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of my staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Red Roof Inn Southpoint Jacksonville
Marianna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

I stay at this Red Roof Inn often. The rooms are spacious and clean, the rates are excellent, and Josephine and JB at the front desk are wonderful, courteous, and helpful. I recommend this hotel for a short or extended stay!

• Stayed August 2012
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Dear MIke P.

Thank you for your wonderful review. We appreciate your comment about me and JB. We are there for you to give you and other guests the customer service and hospitality that we continue to excel.

The inn will get a renovation hopefully this year and we would like to invite you to come and stay with us when it is all done.

I will share this great review with all my staff and will be guide to continue our passion in service.

Please do not hesitate to email on your next lodging needs in the near future.

Red Roof Inn Southpoint Jacksonville
Wimauma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I think this Red Roof Inn have very mannerable workers that put fort and extra effort it pleasing you or getting you booking to your room which is a major plus. Nice rooms with much space in them that your not cramped up and your confrontable. Great prices for room that make it easier of my company book with you all instead of running around look for the best deals or the most cheapest room which can be a rude awaking sometime with the quality of the room, but make everything so easy and simple thank Reed Roof!!!!!

Room Tip: It would be in your best interest to choose Red Roof Inn because you can not beat the price, the qua...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review. Yes, my staff are there for our guests like you to make your booking and check in as easy as possible. We certainly would like to help your company in getting the best deals in the area. At Red Roof Inn Jacksonville Southpoint, we like to excel in customer service and still be able to compete with value with the other hotels.

We have great news for you. We are renovating this year!! You will see and experience our new bedding and our new style lobby.

We hope to see you in the future. I will share your great comment with my staff.

Red Roof Inns Inc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed here on July 5th on our way to Siesta Key Florida. Great Location near 95. The prices were good. Comfortable stay, would stop here again. Also Pet Friendly which is a plus when your traveling with animals. Check in and Check out was easy. Parking was good.Many restaurants near by.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you for your great review. We love having your pet. I hope that your pet got a treat courtesy of my desk clerk, Kim. It is good to know that our hotel is very accessible to I-95 which makes your travel easy.

I will certainly share your comments to my staff. We hope to see you soon you can expierence our renovated hotel.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayed at Red Roof Inn, Southpoint because of it's proximity to I95 while en route to South Florida. Check in was prompt and courteous, the room was clean and quiet. Very well appointed for the price! Would absolutely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Thank you for your review. Our guests will always give us their honest reviews about our inn. The good news is that our hotel will get a renovation this year. You will see a great change when you come and visit us again.

I will share your comment to my staff. We hope to see you in the near future.

jmyers@redroof.com

Been to Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint? Share your experiences!