“Great Choice!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Marianna
“Great Choice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

I stay at this Red Roof Inn often. The rooms are spacious and clean, the rates are excellent, and Josephine and JB at the front desk are wonderful, courteous, and helpful. I recommend this hotel for a short or extended stay!

• Stayed August 2012
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Dear MIke P.

Thank you for your wonderful review. We appreciate your comment about me and JB. We are there for you to give you and other guests the customer service and hospitality that we continue to excel.

The inn will get a renovation hopefully this year and we would like to invite you to come and stay with us when it is all done.

I will share this great review with all my staff and will be guide to continue our passion in service.

Please do not hesitate to email on your next lodging needs in the near future.

Red Roof Inn Southpoint Jacksonville
jmyers@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Wimauma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I think this Red Roof Inn have very mannerable workers that put fort and extra effort it pleasing you or getting you booking to your room which is a major plus. Nice rooms with much space in them that your not cramped up and your confrontable. Great prices for room that make it easier of my company book with you all instead of running around look for the best deals or the most cheapest room which can be a rude awaking sometime with the quality of the room, but make everything so easy and simple thank Reed Roof!!!!!

Room Tip: It would be in your best interest to choose Red Roof Inn because you can not beat the price, the qua...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review. Yes, my staff are there for our guests like you to make your booking and check in as easy as possible. We certainly would like to help your company in getting the best deals in the area. At Red Roof Inn Jacksonville Southpoint, we like to excel in customer service and still be able to compete with value with the other hotels.

We have great news for you. We are renovating this year!! You will see and experience our new bedding and our new style lobby.

We hope to see you in the future. I will share your great comment with my staff.

Red Roof Inns Inc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed here on July 5th on our way to Siesta Key Florida. Great Location near 95. The prices were good. Comfortable stay, would stop here again. Also Pet Friendly which is a plus when your traveling with animals. Check in and Check out was easy. Parking was good.Many restaurants near by.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you for your great review. We love having your pet. I hope that your pet got a treat courtesy of my desk clerk, Kim. It is good to know that our hotel is very accessible to I-95 which makes your travel easy.

I will certainly share your comments to my staff. We hope to see you soon you can expierence our renovated hotel.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayed at Red Roof Inn, Southpoint because of it's proximity to I95 while en route to South Florida. Check in was prompt and courteous, the room was clean and quiet. Very well appointed for the price! Would absolutely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Thank you for your review. Our guests will always give us their honest reviews about our inn. The good news is that our hotel will get a renovation this year. You will see a great change when you come and visit us again.

I will share your comment to my staff. We hope to see you in the near future.

Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Probably this is the first time that I don’t agree at all with a Tripadvisor rating. When I entered the hotel I thought that my reservation was on the wrong Red Roof Inn. Of course, based on so many 4+ ratings. I could say that the hotel is a normal 2.5 start with good price. Rooms were clean, but nothing special. I think they need some renovations. The hotel is well located near I-95 and close to downtown and malls. That’s it!!!!!!
It will be unfear with other hotel reviews that I have done to give this hotel more that a nice 3 rating.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
We would like to thank you in giving us a good review. Our hotel will be renovated this year and new beddings and lobby will be a good change for our inn.

We invite you to come and stay with us again. I am sure you will love the change.

Should you require any future reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me at jmyers@redroof.com.

Yours in Hospitality
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Friendly staff and easy check-in. Rooms were clean. A nice no frills hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for your great response. Yes, our hotel is no frills but we have good and comfortable rooms and a great staff. I am glad that you had a good experience. Our hotel will have a renovation this year and we look forward for your return.

Please let us know on your next arrival.

Red Roof Inn
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Red Roof Inn seems to be overlooked, with all the other options out there. But Kim was fantastic, she understood my travel troubles and was willing to listen to my plites. Ms. Josephine Myers was AWEFUL however. You should NEVER YELL at a guest. Her attitude is "you GET to stay in my hotel" Trust me, lady, there are other options. Kim was great and very nice and the only reason I stayed the rest of my visit. The rest of the staff was just as nice. Corporate should be aware of the management potential and their deficits.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less traffic. Not much chance of having a neighbor or traffic down the hallway.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
I want to thank you for the review for Kim, my desk clerk, myself and my other staff. However, I am baffled on your comment about my yelling at a guest which is not my way of handling a guest concern. I have not recalled any incident for that matter.

I sincerely apologize for your concern. My staff and I follow the proper rules and procedures set up by our company.

Should like to contact me please do not hesitate to contact me by email at jmyers@redroof.com.

jmyers@redroof.com

Been to Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint? Share your experiences!