“Best Hotel In Jacksonville” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6969 Lenoir Ave E, Jacksonville, FL 32216   |
Ranked #42 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Baxley, Georgia
“Best Hotel In Jacksonville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I was on a business trip to Jacksonville and the company I work for had booked us elsewhere, but the booking never went through and it was more then 6 miles away from where we needed to work. When I found this out, I immediately went to the Red Roof Inn Southpoint to book myself and 2 others into the hotel. I can tell you it is the people that make it one of the BEST hotel´s I have ever stayed in. The Rooms were very clean and the GM Jo and her sidekick Kim are great when it comes to concerns about the rooms. I love staying at this hotel on business or family pleasure. Red Roof Inn Southpoint is the Best Hotel in Jacksonville. Many THANKS Jo and Kim.

Room Tip: You must meet the GM and Kim. They will take care of you like your own family.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
What a fantastic review!!! Thank you for your loyalty and the business that you have been giving us. My staff and I especially Kim are truly greatful that we had continued serving you to the standards of hospitality.

We will continue improving our services and hopefully to serve you again in the near future.
The hotel will be renovated this year and we are all excited about it. We hope to see you, your colleagues and your family to have the great experience that we have provided.
Please drop an email on your next arrival.

Thank you once again.

jmyers@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Silver Creek, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Found this hotel very clean, was on the 5th floor had very loud people next to me . in the morning i talked with the GM she gave me a upgrade to a king room. and took my concerns very seriously. As far as hotel room went a/c was good very clean shower pressure was perfect. beds soft and tv was great too . if in the area i would come back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
I would like to thank you for the wonderful review. I do take it seriously when my guests would not able to sleep comfortably due to some disturbance. We take pride in making you and all our guests' stay in our clean and comfortable rooms as well.

The good news is that we are renovating and we want you to experience on the new changes in our rooms and lobby.

We hope to see you soon and please do not hesitate to contact me in your future stay.

Yours in Hospitality.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I was travelling down the East Coast with a small dog. I made a reservation at the Red Roof Inn Southpoint for one night. The hotel is located very near I-95, which made my coming and going very easy. The hotel is relatively new. I checked in with Kim at the front desk, who gave great service and facilitated my check in with the small dog. The room was on the first floor, which made it easier to walk the dog. It had been updated with a new flat screen TV, microwave and refrigerator. Due to unexpected problems, I needed to stay for four nights iso one. This was no problem, in fact the front desk personnel gave me a discounted price for the additional nights. Many fast food and regular restaurants are within 1 mile of the hotel. Also a Walmart, to buy pet supplies, is also located close by. I have stayed in much higher end hotels than Red Roof Inn, however this particular Red Roof Inn was better than some and a great deal at $44.00 / night.
I will stay at this hotel again in the future because of the great staff and newness of the room.

Room Tip: Beware of Red Roof Inns......The newly renovated hotels are great, however the next Red Roof Inn I s...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for the great review. We take pride in making all our guests happy and comfortable in thier stay. I am glad Kim, my desk clerk, had assisted your checkin and your pet with ease.
The good news is that the hotel will get a facelift soon and we hope that you can experience the new beds and relax in our lobby.

Please do not hesitate to contact me or any of my staff on your future travels.

We hope to see you soon,.

Margarita Island, Venezuela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I was very please with the assistence of all the staff in the Hotel. Our housekeeper Ms. Kalena was excellent. She take care so nicely of our room during the 14 days I was there. I select the Red Roof Inn Southpoint for the location and price. Also, I want to thank you all the help at the front desk. For sure I will be back to this place again when I travel back to Jacksonville, FL. I fill all the time so happy... It is a nice hotel to stay!!!

Room Tip: Nice!!! and the most important location, location, location....
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Dear Ms. Mercedes A.

Thank you for the wonderful review about my hotel and Kalena, our housekeeper GSR. I am delighted that she took care of your room and your stay was memorable. We pride ourselves in giving quality rooms and excellent customer service. I will surely pass the compliments to the rest of the team especially to the front desk and Kalena.

We hope to see you soon in the near future. I am sure that you are enjoying the warm weather in Venezuela as we are enjoying the good sunshine of Florida.

We are happy to announce that our hotel will be renovated soon and you will see quite a change.
Please do not hesitate to email me on your next arrival. Muchas Gracias.

jmyer@redroof.com
Ottumwa, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

My wife and I and our little puppy Davey were here inJanuary at which time we received just the best customer service ever in our travels. Kim was our host at that time. Today I checked back into the Red Roof and Kim was there at the front desk waiting for me again. She was friendly and professional and even booked me into the same room we had last time. I really felt like it was a sort of coming home. Great job Kim! Great job Red Roof for hiring her!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
We would like to welcome you back !!!! Thank you for the great review and choosing to stay with us again. Kim had been a wonderful asset in my inn and she sure does a good job at the front desk welcoming our guests like you. She sure is an Innkeeper !!

Our goal is to have our guests experience a good stay with our courteous staff and clean and comfortable room.

We are happy to announce that we will be getting a renovation in the months to come and we are pretty excited about it.

Should you have any lodging needs please do not hesitate to call Kim or anyone of my staff or email me at jmyers@redroof.com.

Janesville, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

My wife and I traveled to Jacksonville for the The Players golf tournament held in nearby Ponte Vedra Beach. We stayed from May 10 thru may 14. We chose the Red Roof Inn Southpoint because of location and price. We read reviews from others before booking. We read a lot of reviews from people staying on business and for loved ones hospital stays. We were on a vacation, so this review may give another view on the hotel.

We found that the hotel was clean, staff were friendly and helpful, and it was in a nice location. We used the pool 3 of the 5 days we were there. The pool and pool area is not fancy, but it was clean and comfortable. The hotel location was very convenient to many beaches, restaurants, and other attractions.

We would not hesitate to stay at this hotel if we travel to the Jacksonville area again. It is a great value.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the great review. My staff and I are very passionate in getting things done the right way that is clean,comfortable rooms and courteous staff. I am glad that you had used our pool for a couple of times. The good news is that I will have new pool furnniture and will make the pool surroundings more attractive.

We hope that you come and stay with us in the near future. If there is anything that you might need please do not hesitate to email me at jmyers/2redroof.com.

Gainesville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

My wife and I booked a cruise out of Jacksonville that will sail on Monday. We wanted to spend the weekend in Jacksonville so we wouldn't have to make the long drive from home to the port on the same day. We also wanted to be able to enjoy the beach for a day.

After looking at reviews on Tripadvisor we decided to choose the Deluxe King room in this hotel. It looks like it is located far from the beach and the city but they are both a short drive. The Beach is about 10 minutes and downtown about 5 minutes.

PROS:
The hotel is located in a cluster of hotels and seams to be a safe location.
CHEAP - and still very nice for the money
Clean
easy online check in , we arrived and were in our room in 10 minutes flat.
comfy beds
great AC
microwave and mini fridge a nice touch
large flat screen tv
HBO free
large work desk in room

CONS:
No iron, on Tripadvisor this was posted before, the hotel manager stated she had since put irons in the rooms, but still no irons? Clothes get wrinkled in suitcases.

the shower has no liner. The only way to keep water off the floor is to put the decorative cloth curtain inside to act as a liner... it gets wet and clings to you as a result.

The bed only has 3 small pillows. When we arrived in the room they were lined up against the headboard and only went halfway across the bed, the rest of the headboard area was empty where pillows should have been. However, the pillows that were there are comfy.

OVERALL:
Very nice for the money. For what we needed and what we expected from a budget hotel, we were very satisfied and comfortable. We would highly recomend this hotel for a short trip.

Room Tip: Be sure to bring your own pillows and iron/board.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Jacksonville - Southpoint Red Roof. I am working to get more amenities in all my rooms to better give guests like you the comfort of your home. We are looking forward for the upcoming renovations.

Red Roof Inn - Jacksonville - Southpoint

Been to Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint? Share your experiences!