“Great, clean, and economical stay in Jacksonville.” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6969 Lenoir Ave E, Jacksonville, FL 32216   |
Ranked #37 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great, clean, and economical stay in Jacksonville.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

I recently visited Jacksonville for a long weekend and decided to stay at this Red Roof. I am a fan of Red Roof Inns, and this one seemed to get steady reviews.
Check-in was quick and easy. We had 2 dogs with us, and I am glad they can stay for free. We received a room on the 1st floor on the back side of the hotel.
The room was clean and very quiet. No noise from the highway or other rooms.
Service was great. The rooms was serviced well, and front desk service was always great.
The pool was closed for the winter.
This hotel is very convenient to I-95, and many fast food restaurants. We could make it anywhere in Jacksonville within minutes. I felt safe and did not worry about my car.
I will be staying here on my next trip to Jacksonville!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
LenoirJacksonville, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, February 4, 2012
I would like to thank you for giving us a good review. Our goal is to always excel in customer service and deliver clean and comfortable rooms. The pool is not closed on winter. It was probably locked at the time you were walking yourdog. The time of operation is from 09:00am to 21:00H. We apologize for the slight glitch in opening the pool.

Please let us know in your next trip about your last room and mention your pet that you will take along with you so that we could make it as your special request. TIna and I normally make it a point to block the end rooms so that your dog could go for a walk by the pool area.

182 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

I had to stay twice at is property due to an awful family emergency. Thanks to this hotel and all its staff, it made this tragic event as good as it could be under the circumstances. The housekeeping staff was outstanding, Check-in on both visits was a breeze because very efficient and friendly front desk staff. I can't say enough as far as complimenting this property is concerned. I would also like to add a special 'Thank You' to the manager of this hotel, Josephine Myers for her empathy, kindness as well as graciousness extended to me in a very difficult time in my life. -- My compliments to her and the entire staff ... again, thank you.

Room Tip: Outstanding value for a major hotel chain !!!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
LenoirJacksonville, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind remarks and to assure you that we will continue to deliver excellent customer service and clean rooms. I hope that you feel better in the coming days. We will be looking forward for your next stay.

Please email me at jmyers@redroof.com on your next arrival

Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

While the price and location was good - I thought that the hotel seemed very mediocre. We stopped here on our way south for a cruise. We arrived late and the front desk lady was very nice. We got a first floor room. Upon inspection, it smelled a little musty, the carpet could have been vacuumed better, and there was definitely a little dog hair on one of the beds. We thought the mattresses were a little thin too and uncomfortable.

We knew that there was no breakfast but even going to WalMart took a bit too long as it was 10 minute one way drive away. There is a McDonalds across the street.

Our stay was mediocre at best and we decided that you get what you pay for. The low price meant lower quality accomodations than we liked. This property was not for us.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
LenoirJacksonville, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Thank you for your review. We know that there are other hotels in the area and we truly appreciate that you had chosen us. I am so glad that my desk clerk, Kim, had immediately dealt with your concern about your room. We pride ourselves in giving good customer service and if we apologize if we had fallen short in one area.

We would love you to come back and try our inn again. We promise to make it right.

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Check in was a breeze w/ the Front Desk Staff. Rooms (stayed in double & king rooms) were clean & the bed(s) very comfortable. After a long multi-state drive this hotel was wonderful.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your great review. We pride ourselves in delivering clean rooms and good customer service. Please do not hesitate to email me on your next future arrival.

West Memphis, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

This has been the best hotel I have stayed at ever. The nicest staff you could ever meet!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Joseph M.

I would like to thank you for your great review. Please extend my apologies that I had missed reading your review in January. We will continue striving hard to deliver excellent customer service with our clean and affordable room rates.

We look forward in your next stay in the near future.

S.W. Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

I reserved 2 non smoking rooms (1-King Superior & 1-two Double Bed). We arrived late in the evening on Friday and were checked in promptly and efficiently by the staff. The staff knew my requests and did their best to fulfill every one of them. The rooms were very clean and fresh. We were in town to watch the Florida Gator Marching Band rehearse and perform for the 2012 Gator Bowl which was played at Everbank Field. This location was just minutes from all of the rehearsal sites and game week activities. Within walking distance to the Cracker Barrel, Waffle House, Mcdonalds, Wendy's and many more eating locations. I would definitely book my next stay for any future event in the Jacksonville area at this location.

Room Tip: Make sure to let Red Roof Inn know your room preferences during booking and they will do their best...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
LenoirJacksonville, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, January 8, 2012
We are extremely delighted to hear about your positive review. We strive for superior customer service and We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Jacksonville - Southpoint Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

My staff and I would look forward in having you with us again in the near future.

Baxley, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

This had been our second time at this hotel and after the first time here, we made sure we would come back becuase everyone was so friendly and helpful. When we arrived for the second visit, Josephine the Manager was on duty and she had remembered myself and my family. This means alot since it had been over a year since our first stay. To me that means I am more then a customer looking for a room. We are extremely pleased with Red Roof Inn Southpoint in Jacksonville, FL. I would reccommend this hotel to all. The location is great, beaches are close, staff and service are exceptional, and they "CARE" about you. My utmost compliments to the Staff and the Red Roof Inn.

Room Tip: If you don't see the room you want, ask them directly. The General Manager will be happy to assi...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
LenoirJacksonville, Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, December 13, 2011
Thank you for your great response. It was our pleasure to have you and your family again in our inn. Our goal is excellence in customer service and quality of room. We are pleased that we had attained it. My staff and I will look forward in serving you again in the near future. Please email me on your next arrival.

Yours in Hospitality

Red Roof Inn Southpointe
jmyers@redroof.com

Been to Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint? Share your experiences!