“Exceptional Staff and Service” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6969 Lenoir Ave E, Jacksonville, FL 32216   |
Ranked #41 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Baxley, Georgia
“Exceptional Staff and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

This had been our second time at this hotel and after the first time here, we made sure we would come back becuase everyone was so friendly and helpful. When we arrived for the second visit, Josephine the Manager was on duty and she had remembered myself and my family. This means alot since it had been over a year since our first stay. To me that means I am more then a customer looking for a room. We are extremely pleased with Red Roof Inn Southpoint in Jacksonville, FL. I would reccommend this hotel to all. The location is great, beaches are close, staff and service are exceptional, and they "CARE" about you. My utmost compliments to the Staff and the Red Roof Inn.

Room Tip: If you don't see the room you want, ask them directly. The General Manager will be happy to assi...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
LenoirJacksonville, Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, December 13, 2011
Thank you for your great response. It was our pleasure to have you and your family again in our inn. Our goal is excellence in customer service and quality of room. We are pleased that we had attained it. My staff and I will look forward in serving you again in the near future. Please email me on your next arrival.

Yours in Hospitality

Red Roof Inn Southpointe
jmyers@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Oscoda, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

Great hotel in a convenient location just off the JTB. Very friendly staff. Great room at a great price. Pet friendly and senior discount!!

Room Tip: First floor rooms closer to free coffee service in lobby
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
LenoirJacksonville, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, December 15, 2011
My staff and I would like to thank you for your great response and we look forward in your next visit. Please email me on your next stay .

Yours in Hospitality.

Palm Coast, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

I found a great rate for this hotel via hotels.com & I was SO surprisingly impressed! It was only 9 miles to Mayo where I had appts for two days. The hotel was kept spotless inside & out. The first person I see at the front desk greeted me so warmly. She welcomed me as if we were old friends. Being nervous with personal reasons b/c of a health issue I was in town for to deal with I was immediately put at ease from this employee's attutude & treatment towards me. I found my room to be very clean & even the housekeeping staff was very friendly. All I wanted in my stay was WiFi hookup, TV, & smoking room. I got all that & more! The hotel sits right next to two affordable restaurants & is located conveniently just down from the interstate, I-95. What topped it off & made it all worth while was one employee imparticular. She was aware that I was going thru testing all day at the hospital & had to go back the next day for more appts. I came back to the room after my 6pm MRI-(by then it was 9pm) & there were a pot of fresh flowers left for me. I called down to the desk & this woman admitted to leaving them for me. She knew how sick I have been now for 1 1/2 years & just wanted to make me smile. She didnt have to do this but took it upon herself to personally & privately (separate from the hotel) just to nring a smile to my face. What an angel! There really are some good people out there! Then, I found out she is the general manager! Some places the gen. mng act "too good" to talk to the customers. Not her! She paid out of her own pocket to buy flowers just to make them feel better! LOVE THAT! My folks came into town to visit me in the hospital as I was admitted immediately and stayed at this hotel as well. They, too were very pleased! Also, it is pet friendly which helped my folks a lot! I could go on & on but hopefully you can get the picture. I absolutely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: go to hotel.com I got a single room with two dbl beds for $38/night! So glad I chose to stay here
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
LenoirJacksonville, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, November 19, 2011
Thank you for the great review. I am pleased that the small gesture I did made your day and a smile in your face. We sincerely hope that we could be of service to you and your family again when you visit the Mayo Clinic or better yet when you go for your vacation.

Please email me when you will be coming back to Jacksonville and I will prepare the smoking room that you need.

Yours in Hospitality,

Red Roof Inn Jacksonville Southpointe
jmyers@redroof.com or
i0251@redroof.com
Fairburn, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

This is a recently updated hotel. Is very clean, new furnishings. I was on way to Jacksonville Cruise Port, and chose this Red Roof due to my recent pleasant experience with another in the chain. The bed was comfortable, the shower had great pressure. Very reasonable for a good nights sleep right off of the interstate. Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
LenoirJacksonville, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Jacksonville - Southpoint Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

Red Roof Inn Jacksonville Southpoint
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I stay often at this hotel and everytime without fail Velma has provided excellent customer service and exceptional southern hospitality! Always a pleasure to see her at the front desk when I check-in.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Jacksonville - Southpoint Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

I will make sure to share your comments with Velma and with the rest of our team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Jacksonville - Southpoint
NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

We have stayed at this Red Roof several times over several years. It suits our needs for a one night stay.

Most of the front desk folks have been friendly and no problems with our reservations at check in.

The room is nice and quiet any time we've stayed here including this one.

The windows open for fresh air. And only a certain amount so no one can climb through.

The room was clean except for the carpeted floor which didn't seem as though it had been vacuumed. And a heavy carpet/air freshener was used so be aware of that if you have any health issues with that kind of exposure.

The bed pillows were lumpy and small.

The hotel is located in a nice "hotel park" with many choices. Being right off of I-95 it is very accessible. But for one night, this is where we always decide to stay. Basic and no frills. With outdoor walking and a Cracker Barrel right nearly next door.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Jacksonville - Southpoint
miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

Front Desk Staff is very friendly her name is Velma. She is very Knowledgeable about her work.
Also, Ive been to this location many times (I travel offten) And a certain housekeeper stood out to me everytime. Her name is Sharwana. She was accomidating, friendly & I will diffently be back. With a place that makes you feel like home Away from Home, Why wouldnt you come back =)
Thank You Red Roof staff!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
LenoirJacksonville, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Thank you for taking time in giving my inn a great survey. I am delighted that Velma, our desk clerk and Sharwana, our lead housekeeper had excelled in providing quality service and friendliness. I will definetly pass on their good reviews.

We will look forward in having you back and again my entire staff and myself would like to thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn Jacksonville Southpointe.

Yours in Hospitality,

jmyers@redroof.com

Been to Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint? Share your experiences!