“Average hotel -- not bad -- not spectactular” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #63 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Lino Lakes, Minnesota
“Average hotel -- not bad -- not spectactular”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2009

The Springhill was clean, although it seemed to be an older property. Front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful. Their internet was not working on the upper floor so they moved us down to the 2nd floor so that we could take advantage of the lobby wi-fi, and we appreciated that very much. Breakfast was basic -- cereal, oatmeal, small muffins, etc. It's within walking distance of several restaurants and fast food locations. Front desk staff made this a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

My husband and I stayed here one night on our way north to Charleston, SC. The room, staff, breakfast and other amenities were top notch. It was very family, business and couple friendly. I would highly recommend this on your next trip to Jacksonville.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Jupiter, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2008

Just returned from a 2 night stay at the Springhill Suites in Jacksonville and I must say that this was a great property for the price paid. The room/desk area/bathroom was very clean and everything was in working order. The continental breakfast was standard, food was hot and plenty to choose from. Front desk staff was more than helpful with cancelling another reservation, getting us a few more towels and with directions. The hotel was close (within 10 miles) to the ALLTEL Stadium as well as the downtown area. There are plenty of restaurants in close proximity to the hotel-even a few within walking distance. I would definitely stay at this property again.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2008

I arrived on Monday afternoon and checked into my room. Was pleasantly surprised with how big the room was. First thing I noticed was that there was garbage in the trash can next to the desk. The toilet appeared to have seen better days. It worked ok but was horribly stained on the inside.

On Wednesday morning one of the persons attending the same seminar that I was showed me a note that was left in her room. It was addressed to me from the hotel manager thanking me for staying there and letting me know that they had left the extra towels per my request.

I took the note to the manager and told her that while I appreciated the gesture, they left it in the wrong room. (They weren't even on the correct floor) She apologized and then asked if I'd still like to get some extra towels. I said sure. I never got them.

On Thursday I returned back to my room about 3pm. There were two housekeeping carts down the hall from my room. When I entered my room I saw that it had not been cleaned yet. I changed my clothes, answered a few e-mails and waited for housekeeping to come. At around 4:15 they hadn't come yet. I left my room to go down to the front desk to complain. As I was leaving my room I noticed that both housekeeping carts were no longer on my floor. I told the front desk that my room had not been cleaned-first I was given some story about how backed up they were (not my problem, and the hotel was not full) and then I was told that they were still on my floor cleaning so they'd still get to my room. (They must have been using the invisible housekeeping carts....I walked down both ends of the floor. Every room door was closed. Housekeeping always leaves the door open when they're cleaning)

Anyway, I walked down the street and got a cup of coffee at Starbucks. When I returned 30 minutes later there was someone in my room cleaning (with the room door open and the cart in the hall) so I went down to the lobby and checked my email on the lobby computer. After 15 minutes I went back up to my room. Housekeeping had left. The garbage cans had been emptied but no new bags were put in them. (however the roll of bags was left on my desk). In the bathroom the toilet paper holder was empty. And the beds were made but very sloppily.

I stay in Marriotts because there's the expectation of quality. I am a platinum member. By the time the years up I will have over 100 nights stayed at a Marriott this year. But I will never stay at this particular Marriott again.

• Stayed June 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
TampaBay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2007

For the past several years we have gone to Jacksonville to visit our family. Usually stayed in another suite hotel nearby. This year however the same hotel we had stayed in for several years broke it off. their rates were ridiculous. So I started shopping. A good central location on Southside Blvd. away from the highway noise.
SpringHill offered a two bed suite mini livingroom, two TVs Internet connection, etc A quiet, no smoking room . excellent do it your self breakfast, Oatmeal, eggs bacon, sausage, waffles, bagles etc. all facilities pretty clean except for exercise room, which could have used a little work. Maid service continued thruout the holiday which was suspended in the other hotel during Christmas. The best part was that at $84.00 it was about $80.00 per nite cheaper than the other suite hotel.
Ill be back. T. Messina

• Liked — Quiet
  • Disliked — neigboring rooms alarm clock went off constantly at 5:00AM 4 times
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2007

I spent the past two nights in this hotel. It wasn't horrible, but it was nothing great. It's a middle-of-the-road 3-star hotel.

We were in room 111, and the first thing that hit us when we walked into the suite was the overwhelming smell of an air freshener. It smelled so strongly of cinammon that my wife's asthma started acting up. We immediately turned the A/C on "vent" to let in outside air, and opened the window (they only let you open it about an inch). The next day, we left a note for housekeeping asking them not to use the stuff.

The suite consists of separate sitting and sleeping areas, although there was no door separating the two. The wall hangings, seating, and carpet all appeared to be pretty new and were in good shape. The other furniture (desk, table, dresser) was older and beat up, and didn't match the newer furniture in style.

The bed is hard to describe--it feels soft when you first lay on it, but underneath the softness is a firmness. I prefer a firm bed, and at first was afraid this one was going to be too squishy. It wasn't, though, and I slept well both nights.

The bathroom was very poorly-lit.

The TV is situated in a strange location. They've placed it between the sitting area and the sleeping area, with the idea of making it visible in both areas (its base swivels). The actual result, though, is that the viewing stinks from both areas.

The pool was decent, and there's a very hot whirlpool with it. There were only 4 lounge chairs by the pool, so snag one early if you want it. The rack for clean towels for use at the pool was empty the whole time we were there.

Breakfast wasn't bad, with some tasty sausage and eggs accompanying the traditional continental fare. There's also a waffle iron for cooking up fresh waffles.

All in all, it wasn't a bad room, but neither was it anything to write home about. I got a great rate--much lower than others around me were paying (I could see one guest's paperwork at the front desk, and overheard another guest's rate when they were speaking with the woman who was checking her in). The room was a tolerable value for the rate I paid, but I'd have been disappointed if I had paid what those other two guests had paid.

• Liked — Big room
  • Disliked — So-so quality
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
N.Central Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2007

Check-in was fine. The room wasn't as we had booked it, as we wanted a king bed and got 2 doubles instead. There were no more kings available. The suite has potential, but wasn't clean: the bathroom had mildew in the shower and the tables & desk had all sorts of schpeg on them ~ we cleaned them ourselves with wipes we brought. The sink & tub had broken drain plugs.
The breakfast buffet was OK, but not very good. Overall, if they are going to put the Marriott name on this hotel, they have a lot of work to do. We travel all over the world & won't stay here again as we were expecting what we have experienced at Marriott hotels ~ and that is not what we got. One really positive thing that had nothing to do with the hotel is that the Japanese restaurant close by (Kan-Ki) is OUTSTANDING!

• Liked — Close to the Japanese Restaurant Kan-Ki
  • Disliked — Cleanliness of the room.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to SpringHill Suites Jacksonville / Deerwood? Share your experiences!