“Large comfortable room” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #66 of 130 Hotels in Jacksonville
Louisville, Kentucky
“Large comfortable room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed one night and the stay was great. Check in was extremely fast and we were given a top floor room which was nice. We had a double delux room that had plenty of space for 2 adults and 2 children. The beds were extremely soft and I slept great that night. It had a large flat screen that swiveled to any angel we preferred to watch it. Many restaurants within walking distance as well. The only downside was shortly before we got there there was a storm and the pool was pretty dirty so I had to clean it out a bit so the kids could swim. Breakfast in the morning was very good with lots of good options-they even had wrapped apples to take on the go. Delicious lemon water in the lobby. I would definitely stay here again if given the opportunity.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Stacy M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville / Deerwood, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of the property. I am so happy that you had a great experience and you were willing to share it on Trip Advisor. We take pride in the hotel and try to make every guest feel like this is a home away from home while traveling. I am glad that the staff took care of you and you found everything you needed in the area. I do apologize for the pool not being as clean as possible. The afternoon storms that had come through makes it tough in the summer to keep it perfect but we will work on that. Again, thank you for your positive review and I look forward to your next stay with us when you travel to Jacksonville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This SpringHill Suites is not a bad hotel. The room is clean and breakfast is ok. Odd things are out of kilter. The first two or three days housekeeping didn't replace my soaps and shampoo, but replaced the coffee cups with clean ones. The last couple of days it has been the other way around the soaps are fresh and the coffee cups are not. The stairwell door is sticking and the heater is out in the hot tub. Continuing with up and down qualities all at once, the wifi is free, but slow--too slow for a movie download. The bed is comfortable and the rates reasonable, but I'll try to find another Marriott property next trip.

Room Tip: Away from the stairwells, all of the stairwell doors slam shut loudly.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Stacy M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville / Deerwood, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your response and review. I apologize for the property not meeting your expectations. This property is not a newer property and is up for a refresh soon. The spa heater has been repaired and it is now a "hot tub" again. I am very sorry that this happened during your stay. I can also see how frustrating it can be for the amenities not to be replaced as they should be. I will be speaking to Housekeeping about this so we don't have other guests with the same issue. On a good note, we are upgrading our internet service and doubling the bandwidth. This will be an improvement for the service and hopefully allow those downloads. Please keep us in mind for your future travels since we will be getting that "updated modern look" soon. Again, thank you for your comments as we cannot improve without them.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was very surprised that I received an email from the General Manager Stacy Manthos prior to my arrival. This is just an email seeing if there was anything they can offer me before I arrived at the hotel. Once I at the property I was greeted and helped with a huge smile and even received a welcome letter under my door. I have never seen such customer services at a hotel in my life and I have been to plenty. The location is great because it is easy access to many food options as well as the highway. The price is right as well. It does have some older fixtures but really you are just staying for a night. I will definitely be staying here on my next business visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Stacy M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville / Deerwood, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of the property. I am so happy that you had a great experience and you were willing to share it on Trip Advisor. We take pride in the hotel and try to make every guest feel like this is a home away from home while traveling. I am glad that the staff took care of you and you found everything you needed in the area. Again, thank you for your positive review and I hope to see you again in the future.
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

hotel was very busy during stay with bus loads of kids, from different sport activities, so a little loud. this hotel did not seem up to quality of other springhills we stayed in. not horrible more just needs updated. just old carpets, bathroom stains ,plus could use new matress etc. pool was nice but not heated, so was not able to use, hot tub was full the entire night. nice breakfast, a good price for average 2 star hotel, but typically springhill is normally more of a 2.5 or 3 star hotel... so a bit disappointing but not horrible. staff was average too.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your response and review. I apologize for the property not meeting your expectations. This property is not a newer property and is up for a refresh soon. I am, however, surprised to hear that the staff was just average. We have a top notch staff at the hotel so I will speak to them about kicking it up a bit. Please keep us in mind for your future travels since we will be getting that "updated modern look" soon. Again, thank you for your comments as we cannot improve without them.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is a typical Springhill Suites. The rooms have a nice layout. Front desk employees were nice and quick with check in. The problem I had was after spending time in my room I noticed the bottoms of my white socks were black. The carpet was absolutely filthy. Black dirt traffic patterns through the room. Great management at great hotels see these things. Average hotels miss them and that is why they are average. Clean the place and I would go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your response and review. I apologize for the property not meeting your expectations. This property is not a newer property and is up for a refresh this year. I am, however, happy to hear that the staff was friendly and helpful. We do have a top notch staff at the hotel. Please keep us in mind for your future travels since we will be getting that "updated modern look" soon. Again, thank you for your comments as we cannot improve without them.
New Jersey, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We have stayed at this Marriott property several times and enjoy it's convenient location and good value. The hotel is close to Town Center which offers great shopping and dining. The beaches are a short 20 minute drive and Jacksonville's neighborhoods are also an easy commute. Our accommodations were always clean and the breakfast is OK. Above all, the staff is warm and friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Stacy M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville / Deerwood, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words and response. We appreciate that you are a loyal guest and I hope you will come back again soon. We take pride in our hotel and our staff is top notch. Just liek your comments our location is outstanding as well with. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This hotel is in need of some upgrades. My room smelled like smoke when I walked in. The bathroom wallpaper was peeling and the overall decor was very dated. I usually stay at Springhill Suites because of their modern decor. I should have looked into this one a little further. I was very unimpressed with the rooms. However, the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Stacy M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville / Deerwood, responded to this review, February 8, 2013