“average, but could use updated.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #71 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
Indianapolis, Indiana
“average, but could use updated.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

hotel was very busy during stay with bus loads of kids, from different sport activities, so a little loud. this hotel did not seem up to quality of other springhills we stayed in. not horrible more just needs updated. just old carpets, bathroom stains ,plus could use new matress etc. pool was nice but not heated, so was not able to use, hot tub was full the entire night. nice breakfast, a good price for average 2 star hotel, but typically springhill is normally more of a 2.5 or 3 star hotel... so a bit disappointing but not horrible. staff was average too.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Stacy M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville / Deerwood, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your response and review. I apologize for the property not meeting your expectations. This property is not a newer property and is up for a refresh soon. I am, however, surprised to hear that the staff was just average. We have a top notch staff at the hotel so I will speak to them about kicking it up a bit. Please keep us in mind for your future travels since we will be getting that "updated modern look" soon. Again, thank you for your comments as we cannot improve without them.

95 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is a typical Springhill Suites. The rooms have a nice layout. Front desk employees were nice and quick with check in. The problem I had was after spending time in my room I noticed the bottoms of my white socks were black. The carpet was absolutely filthy. Black dirt traffic patterns through the room. Great management at great hotels see these things. Average hotels miss them and that is why they are average. Clean the place and I would go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your response and review. I apologize for the property not meeting your expectations. This property is not a newer property and is up for a refresh this year. I am, however, happy to hear that the staff was friendly and helpful. We do have a top notch staff at the hotel. Please keep us in mind for your future travels since we will be getting that "updated modern look" soon. Again, thank you for your comments as we cannot improve without them.
New Jersey, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We have stayed at this Marriott property several times and enjoy it's convenient location and good value. The hotel is close to Town Center which offers great shopping and dining. The beaches are a short 20 minute drive and Jacksonville's neighborhoods are also an easy commute. Our accommodations were always clean and the breakfast is OK. Above all, the staff is warm and friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Stacy M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville / Deerwood, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words and response. We appreciate that you are a loyal guest and I hope you will come back again soon. We take pride in our hotel and our staff is top notch. Just liek your comments our location is outstanding as well with. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This hotel is in need of some upgrades. My room smelled like smoke when I walked in. The bathroom wallpaper was peeling and the overall decor was very dated. I usually stay at Springhill Suites because of their modern decor. I should have looked into this one a little further. I was very unimpressed with the rooms. However, the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Stacy M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville / Deerwood, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stay here over thirty nights a year for business travel. Love the location. Restaurants galore. Movie theatre. All in walking distance. Hotel is clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Twenty minutes to the beach.

• Stayed January 2013
Stacy M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville / Deerwood, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words and response. We appreciate that you are a loyal guest and that you keep coming back. We take pride in our hotel and our staff is top notch. Like your comment, the location is outstanding as well. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I like staying at the SpringHill Suites for work and vacation. The only issue with an infant is that the rooms are not true suites so there is no door. The breakfast is better than most hotels of this type.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Stacy M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville / Deerwood, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your review of the hotel. I apologize that we did not make it clear in regards to the room set-up. However, I am so glad that you had a positive stay. We do have an extensive breakfast and I am happy you got to enjoy it. We are enhancing the breakfast within the next couple of months, so I hope you will come stay again and check it out. Again, thank you for the kinds words and nice review.
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I am sorry to hear the previous 2 reviewers had questionable experiences but all I can say is that we had the very best experience. The staff was great, the property was lovely, and I found everything up to the usual high standards of a Marriott. The only way I noticed there was any age on anything was the last morning I saw the colored dots on the bathroom sink faucet for hot and cold were a bit faded. I loved the little extras like the paper plates and the plastic ware available in the microwave, the free 24oz bottled water and the microwave popcorn left in the room for us. Also there was free fresh fruit available for the taking in the lobby and the dining area which was a welcome treat. We even had nice interactions with the groundkeeper! Area is very busy, but has most everything. Various eating establishments in easy access walking or a short drive.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review of the property. I am so happy that you had a great experience and you were willing to share it on Trip Advisor. We take pride in the hotel and try to make every guest feel like this is a home away from home while traveling. I am glad that the staff took care of you and you found everything you needed in the area. Again, thank you for your positive review and I hope to see you again in the future.

Been to SpringHill Suites Jacksonville / Deerwood? Share your experiences!