“Nice hotel, good breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Rewards Points!
Ranked #67 of 130 Hotels in Jacksonville
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Nice hotel, good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I like staying at the SpringHill Suites for work and vacation. The only issue with an infant is that the rooms are not true suites so there is no door. The breakfast is better than most hotels of this type.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Stacy M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville / Deerwood, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your review of the hotel. I apologize that we did not make it clear in regards to the room set-up. However, I am so glad that you had a positive stay. We do have an extensive breakfast and I am happy you got to enjoy it. We are enhancing the breakfast within the next couple of months, so I hope you will come stay again and check it out. Again, thank you for the kinds words and nice review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I am sorry to hear the previous 2 reviewers had questionable experiences but all I can say is that we had the very best experience. The staff was great, the property was lovely, and I found everything up to the usual high standards of a Marriott. The only way I noticed there was any age on anything was the last morning I saw the colored dots on the bathroom sink faucet for hot and cold were a bit faded. I loved the little extras like the paper plates and the plastic ware available in the microwave, the free 24oz bottled water and the microwave popcorn left in the room for us. Also there was free fresh fruit available for the taking in the lobby and the dining area which was a welcome treat. We even had nice interactions with the groundkeeper! Area is very busy, but has most everything. Various eating establishments in easy access walking or a short drive.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review of the property. I am so happy that you had a great experience and you were willing to share it on Trip Advisor. We take pride in the hotel and try to make every guest feel like this is a home away from home while traveling. I am glad that the staff took care of you and you found everything you needed in the area. Again, thank you for your positive review and I hope to see you again in the future.
Gainesville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

I asked for a room that didnt have any chemical deodorizers used prior to arrival, but the room i walked into smelled horribly of carpet and air deodorizers. Then i was put in another room which at first was fine but then as i walked to bathroom i noticed an overwhelming smell of mold. Staff couldnt locate a air purifier until next day, so when i returned after work, the purifier was in room, but guess what it was broken. Nice staff but rooms need updating. oh and carpet was nasty sticky. Staff put a little goodie basket in my room for my troubles, but that didnt solve the mildew smell and yucky carpet. Wouldnt stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012
I wanted to take a moment and apologize for the trouble you had at the hotel. I understand that sometimes the chemical smells can be overwhelming, and the mildew smell is even worse. I am glad you felt like the staff was nice and I am glad they gave you a gift basket, but you are right it doesnt' make up for the opportunities you had. The hotel is not the newest hotel but we do pride ourselves on being the friendliest. So I am glad they at least tried. I am very sorry that you would not stay here again, but we are due for a property refresh and I hope once this happens you will give us another try.
Jupiter, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Lobby is bright, fresh, and clean. But the rooms are tired and smell just a little bit foul. And they are not suites (2 double beds and a sofa bed all in the same room). Rooms under-accessorized too...no linens for sofa bed, no paper towels or seating for kitchen, only one trash can, etc. Staff is courteous but hard to track down when problems arise.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Stacy M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville / Deerwood, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry that you did not find it up to your expecations. I am glad you found the staff courteous and the Lobby appealing. We are working hard to try and maintain the hotel to the highest standards and appreciate the feedback to make the necessary improvements. I will take all of your comments and work with the staff to correct the issues you had so that it will not happen in the future. I hope that if you are in Jacksonville, you will give us another try. Again, thank you for your feedback, we cannot fix the issues if we don't know what they are. Thank you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

As someone who used to do a lot of traveling from my last job. The hotel is well maintained, as I enjoyed the free laundry, pool, hot tube, and business center. The location of this hotel is pretty nice, within walking distance of grocery story (Publix) and many restaurants with in walking distance. I have enjoyed the breakfasts and dinners during my 3 week stay.

Lastly I enjoyed the cookies at night as they was still warm when it was served.

Room Tip: try to say on the top floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate the feedback and we are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad you found the location to be a good one. We have a lot that helps to make your stay enjoyable. I am also glad that you enjoyed the cookies. We started that not too long ago and I am glad they were a hit. We will keep that going for sure. Again, thank you so much for your review and I hope that if you are in the Jacksonville area again, you will come and stay with us again.
Florence, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I am not a picky traveler, As a pro traveler (150+ nights) I know what to look for in a hotel. The hotel itself was in a prefect location for a Jacksonville trip. If you want to lose you wife for a shopping you picked the right spot. For us men, there are 3 great sports bars within walking distance of the property. Never had any of the other issues stated. The only negative would be the thin walls. It one of my biggest issues with any thin built hotel. Besides that it would be a 5 star.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are in a great location for things to do. Like in your review, we have great shopping and great restaurants nearby and some within walking distance. I hope that if you are coming back to Jacksonville you will stay with us in the future. Again, we appreciate your positive review and thank you so much for staying with us.
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Disengaged staff. Housekeeping extremely slow. I was in the room when they came in and the to clean. Beware of drinking out of the cups and glasses, the maids wipe the counters and then wipe out the glasses.
The rooms aren't your standard Springhill set up either. No couch.
I won't stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Stacy M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville / Deerwood, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your review of the hotel. I want to apologize that you did not have an outstanding experience at the hotel. We always want our guests to feel that this is one of the best hotels they could have picked. I am truly sorry that you don't feel this way. I am concerned with the statement about the glasses in the room and I am working with Housekeeping, so that is does not happen again. Again, I am very sorry that this was not a great experience for you and hope that you will not take this stay as typical of this hotel and will try us again in the future.