“Nice and clean but beware of burglars!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #63 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
“Nice and clean but beware of burglars!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stayed here as an overnight stay prior to a cruise. Let me start by saying that as far as the rooms and cleanliness, this hotel was very nice. No major issues checking in and room was clean and comfortable. It was what we woke up to the next morning that was a major let down. We woke up to a call from the front desk letting us know that our car has been broken in to and we needed to come down as the police had already been called. We walked out to discover some stupid idiots has busted out the hatch glass of our SUV and has stolen our luggage that had all of our clothes in it. We were lucky in that the police later recovered it dumped out a few parking lots away. I was disappointed that the hotel didn't help us get the ton of glass cleaned out of our car and we instead had to find our way around an area we weren't familiar with to find a place to get it vacuumed. By the time we were finished dealing with the ordeal, we were running late and had missed breakfast and weren't offered anything so we had to grab a pricy bag of chips and drink that we purchased from their front desk to hold us until we could get to our destination. So, as far as the hotel it was nice but the hospitality was non-existent. And beware of parking by the pool as it seems to be an easy target area for thieves and burglars. And it doesn't help that they apparently have no surveillance of the area so if something does go awry you are on your own.

• Stayed November 2012
Stacy M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville / Deerwood, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for your review of the hotel. While I am certainly glad that you liked the hotel, I can see how the events that happened outside the hotel would make your stay less than terrific. I first want to apologize for the encounter that happened. This is no way indicative of the regular safe environment the hotel is in. We are currently working with the Jacksonville Sherriffs Office to catch the culprits. This was an unfortunate situation but I am so glad that you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable. I will certainly work with the Hotel Staff to help in situations like this, so that you don't feel like you are on your own. Again, I am sorry that you had to deal with this situation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is a traditional SpringHill property with the same layout and amenities as others in this brand. I found this location to be convenient with lots of restaurants nearby - some within walking distance. It was easy to get downtown, to Jax beach and to the south. My room was clean. The staff were all friendly. Nothing special and that is a good thing. What you expect from SpringHill is what you get here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Stacy M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville / Deerwood, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad that you found the staff to be friendly and that you were able to get to all your destinations easily. We have a great location for everything you could need so I am glad that we could accomodate you as you have come to expect from a Springhill Suites by Marriott.
Thank you again and we look forward to your return
Rockledge, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Having to visit Jacksonville very often, I choose this hotel exclusively for my business visits.

I usually interact with the evening staff for check-in, and find them to be warm, professional, efficient and welcoming. The Front Office Manager, Bridgette, has a gift for hospitality and customer service. Recently, a stay lasted longer than anticipated, and I arrived unannounced, sans-reservation in a thunderstorm, looking like a drowned rat, and asked if they could possibly accommodate me for the night- and Bridgette and her staff were instantly in "turbo-hospitality mode." I was checked in and safely tucked into a room with bags in less than 10 minutes. It was a wonderful experience after a long and frustrating day!

The facility is updated, sparkling clean, has spacious suites (sleeping area is a separate room from the mini-kitchen/working/living room) with ample workspace, and free breakfast- which the morning staff is happy to make "to go" if you are in a hurry. Once you arrive and settle in, there are a dozen eateries within walking distance, a multiplex theater if you need an escape, and a fabulous outdoor mall 10 minutes away by car.

If you need to visit for ANY reason, this would be my first choice!

Room Tip: I have stayed on both sides of the hotel, and found the pool side to be cooler in the summer; it fac...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review. We always strive to make every guest feel like this is their home away from home while traveling, so we were so pleased we met the expectation. Thank you for commenting on the Front Office Manager. She is an invaluable asset to our hotel and company. I will certainly pass along your comments to her.
Thank you again and we really look forward to your return.
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

In town for recent family wedding at St. John Center. This was excellent location for most things in Jax and only 1/2 hour from airport. Facility is very clean and front desk and staff are all very helpful being from out of town. This is one of the older suites it seems compared to other that I have stayed at but well kept. My only complaint is the walls are paper thin so if you have someone on the other side who stays up late or loud TV your going to here it all. We lucked out during our stay on the 5th floor with only occasional noice. Nice little workout room , outdoor pool and basic breakfast every morning inlcuded (no big deal ). I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Stacy M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville / Deerwood, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of the SpringHill Suites Deerwood. I am so glad that you would return if in the area. We take pride in our hotel to ensure everyone has a great stay. I am glad that the area suited your needs and that the staff took good care of you while here.
We are an older SpringHill but we will be getting a "refresh" next year. I hope on your next stay you will be able to rate us as excellent.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again on a future stay.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

great experience as always at springhill suites.. folks always recognize me as a returning guest and thank me for my loyalty. , whether it is the front desk, or hotel employees, I must have heard from 3 folks nice to see you again, Mr Loveless.. rooms are great.. I do wish there was 2 treadmills in the gym as opposed to just one..

Room Tip: I probably would not chose the first floor again or at least let folks know that it is noiser than o...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Stacy M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville / Deerwood, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
I am so glad that you keep coming back to stay with us. We certainly appreciate it, but more importantly we enjoy spending time getting to know our "Regulars"!! I wanted to let you know that sometime at the beginning of 2013, we will be getting a refresh on our fitness room with all new equipment. I know it is a ways a way, but something to look forward to and I will put in the word for 2 treadmills!

Thank you again for being a loyal Marriott Rewards Member and we will see you soon!
Fredericton, Nb
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stayed at this hotel just before a recent cruise and we had two rooms across from one another. We were greeted warmly upon arrival, checked in efficiently by a friendly front desk clerk and provided with rooms that were as close together as possible. Obtaining extra blankets was not an issue and they were promptly provided. Breakfast was very good and was kept fresh and well stocked. The pool was wonderful and we very much enjoyed our time playing with the kids in the pool. The room itself was clean, the beds were comfortable, the bathroom was immaculate, the water pressure in the shower was exactly what I wanted and the air conditioning worked perfectly. More importantly the floor in the room even passed the white dress sock test. I've stayed in a lot of hotels and typically white socks show just how clean a room really is and I'm pleased to say that while I wouldn't eat off the floor, I was very happy to have my small child playing on it, etc. I'd certainly stay here again without any trouble. The only negative is that this particular hotel is not close to the airport and I say this because another couple who stayed here found this out by accident and they were not impressed ( a little research in this case would have paid off :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Stacy M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville / Deerwood, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words. I am truly happy that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass along to the staff that you thought the hotel was clean and friendly. This is what we strive for everyday. I am so glad that you got to enjoy the pool as well. I hope that you will come stay with us again soon!
Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I have stayed here for work. The staff is super friendly and will treat you well. All of the rooms are nice and the pool and workout room is great. The hotel is walking distance to a lot of great restaurants and a movie theater.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind words about your stay. I am so glad that you had a nice time at the hotel. It will be my pleasure to pass along the comments to the staff. I hope you will stay with us again in the future and thank you again!

Been to SpringHill Suites Jacksonville / Deerwood? Share your experiences!