I was in town for a Regional Convention as an Executive Board member, I thoroughly enjoyed the hotel amenities and the staffs promptness and attention to details. The Hyatt is a very, very busy hotel given its location, but the service is incredible.
The stay was a pleasant one and our event coordinator was beyond exceptional. She made herself available and was readily able to provide various things as we needed it. Whenever we asked her of something, we had it with in moments. Very, very great service above and beyond the call of duty. our Executive board got frequent free passes, vouchers, free coffee, and so many extras that were unexpected!
The rooms were very nice, we had a block that was reserved which included rooms and suites and they were very nice. The hotel was very clean, the towels were removed daily and no problems with any members of the staff. The view from the room is exceptional and you can open up your window completely for a wonderful breeze and a great view of the Jacksonville river landscape!
As a Conventional Hotel
Though the service was excellent and the staff was impeccable, I would not recommend this hotel again for the board as a venue for our convention, unlike other venues you do not have a designated area for each convention, we were placed in area where 2 other conventions were going on simultaneously and the rooms were commingled as well as the spaces. (Ie we would have rooms 104, 105 107 another group would have 106, 108 etc etc). Our group was consistently getting asked questions about another convention and there was only a small sign dictated with arrows to the directions of the convention. It would be much more efficient, if it was separated and only one convention per designated area. Not to mention we had different events on different floors, just say it was a logistical nightmare, making sure that all 250 of our convention attendees were at the right place at the right time!!!!
Do the BREAKFAST BUFFET!!! you will not be disappointed, IT WAS WONDERFUL!!!
That being Said if I was going on my own not planning a convention, I would not hesitate twice to book this hotel, the staff is wonderful and the service is above and beyond anything I have experienced at a Hyatt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the essence of the lifestyle and landscape of the real Florida at our Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront hotel. Set along the St. Johns River within the heart of the city’s business, entertainment and sports districts, our outstanding downtown Jacksonville hotel is adjacent to the Jacksonville Landing, a hotspot for dining & entertainment, and within minutes of famous white sand beaches, championship golf courses, EverBank Field, water sports, museums and arts venues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline and Hyatt Hotels Corporation so you can book your Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront Hotel Jacksonville
- Hyatt Jacksonville Riverfront