Had a good stay at the Jacksonville Hyatt Regency Riverfront. The front desk was efficient and checked me into a nice riverfront room with a great view of the St John's River with swimming dolphins and boats making for an interesting view. They accepted my Hyatt awards card and gave me free wifi which was unexpected and nice to have. The room also had speedy ethernet service that I used for uploading some images. A free newspaper was also delivered on one of three mornings, but that service was apparently erratic. The hotel is a bit dated, with a lot of 1980s wallpaper along the hallways and in the rooms, as well as that tragic, flowery, Florida art work one would expect to find around here. The hallways are also excessively long, and we ended up at the end of one of them, with about a 3-minute walk to the elevator toting luggage. Not a problem for me, but my aging colleague was not happy. The upside to that is the hotel is large enough to host a big conference and allow all attendees to stay at the conference hotel, so I guess that's a plus. We ate at one of the hotel restaurants Trellises, which was good. The breakfast buffet was not included in the room rate, and costly at $18.95, so we opted to eat snacks in our rooms. Room service was about the same price for breakfast. The tv in the room was okay, remote barely worked, and not that many channels, but again pretty typical for a big conference hotel. The room was a good size, and had a sink/bar area separate from the bathroom. Some tea would have been nice, instead of all coffee. I did not visit the hotel amenities/club floor with spa, pool, gym, etc., but they did have one. The hotel is sited fairly well, in downtown, with an easy walk to several restaurants. Lots of connectors and bridges make it easy to get just about anywhere from this location by car, including the beaches or down to St. Augustine. The hotel parking is pretty efficient--they give you a key card on check in to come and go as you please from the garage, without having to deal with valets, and the garage is just across a non-busy street and a few steps from the room elevators. Or you can choose valets, if that's your thing. Overall, not bad. I would stay here again for a conference. No major complaints.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the essence of the lifestyle and landscape of the real Florida at our Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront hotel. Set along the St. Johns River within the heart of the city’s business, entertainment and sports districts, our outstanding downtown Jacksonville hotel is adjacent to the Jacksonville Landing, a hotspot for dining & entertainment, and within minutes of famous white sand beaches, championship golf courses, EverBank Field, water sports, museums and arts venues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, EasyToBook, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront Hotel Jacksonville
- Hyatt Jacksonville Riverfront