“Desperately In Need of An Extreme Makeover and a Staff that pays attention to detail” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront

Ranked #45 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Spent more time than typical researching hotels for a recent downtown Jax conference. The tripadvisor reviews indicated that there really wasn't a great option. The meetings I needed to attend were at the Hyatt Riverfront. While it was convenient to stay here the reviews were a clear warning sign of what I was getting into. I called and spoke to one of the hotel managers a few months before my trip, I asked about the possibility of staying in a recently renovated room and if I could use Hyatt points to upgrade. She assured me that I would get one of the best rooms available and I agreed to *pay* for an upgrade. I sent her an email to confirm but never received any response, I called and left messages. Spoke to another manager who did respond to my email and confirmed that not only would I receive one of the better rooms but I would get a corner room. Lo and behold, none of this happened. I received a std room on a high floor, not a corner room. Shower head was broken. Most of the fixtures were in need of cleaning/repair. I requested a small refridgerator ahead of my visit and received a microwave. The old ac unit was so loud I had to sleep with ear plugs. This hotel is very old, very musty, in desperate need of a tear down! Staff is friendly but not very good with details. Meeting rooms are old, ceilings low, rooms dark. The only reason to come here is to get a slice of their home made bread pudding. Otherwise, stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear KEWLBEANS,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay. I am sorry our hotel was not too your liking. We appreciate your business and hope you will give our hotel another try. If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail, please contact me directly.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Stayed at the Hyatt Regency for a conference. Room was nice and the bed was very comfortable. The conference meals were amazing for conference meals. What really impressed me was the fantastic staff. Everybody was polite, friendly and helpful. It was also nice looking at my room over the river and going for a run along the riverwalk. My only complaint was that the hotel was uncomfortably cold, but I was there during an extreme cold front so I doubt that is normal.

Green Features: I noticed zero environmentally friendly practices. No recycling bins, no offer to use re-use towels and no information in the room about any green trends. Kind of sad for a signature downtown hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear MikeMoAtl,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We appreciate your warm comments regarding our associates and city. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our amazing views, while running along the river walk. If you are ever back in Jacksonville, we hope you will stay with us again.

Baroda, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Everything was great. Very Clean. We stayed 3 nights and was shocked of the cost of getting a fridge & microwave was only $40 so we got it.......helps a LOT when u have kids with u. Queen beds have nice down feather blankets. Nice cleaning staff. And major + was how FAST we got our fridge n microwave. Only bad is u do get charged for each day if you use the garage for parking.

Room Tip: ask for river view, it's worth it! You get to watch the bridge rise while ships go through, see...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Carrie0693,

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront for a 3 night getaway. We are so pleased you enjoyed all aspects of our hotel and service. If you are ever back in the area, we hope you will stay with us again.

Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I´ve spent one night at this hotel and had a wonderful experinece. First of all, the front desk upgraded us to a high floor room with a river view ( I had booked a city view which was cheaper). Secondly, they provided us with complimentary in room wi-fi. The room was big, the view spectacular, not to mention it was very comfortable/clean.
Breakfast buffet was included in our room rate and it was really good, with lots of cold and hot options. I will definitely stay there again in my next trip to Jax.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Fernanda P,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay. I am so glad you enjoyed all aspects of our hotel from our amazing staff to our delicious breakfast buffet. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Best Regards,
Shelby, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

This review is a little late but still relevant. This was the 2nd stay at the Hyatt as we attended another Colts/ Jaguars game in September 2013. We were given an early check in so that we could park the car and get to the field early. Out room was once again upgraded and we had a beautiful riverfront room. Every staff person we met was so pleasant and accommodating. We had the opportunity to enjoy the pool this trip. It is in walking distance to Jacksonville Landing where we ate and took the water taxi to and from the game. We were also given vouchers for the breakfast buffet and saved money there as there was no charge. Hope to return in 2014!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Very nice place to stay, We where in town for the Gator Bowl & this is the best place to stay for a game at EverBank Stadium, Now the Landing is a different story (Stay Away) The New Years Eve Fireworks on the River was the best ever i had seen

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Tom2154,

Happy New Year! Thank you for ringing in the new year by staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We appreciate your kind words and hope if your travel plans bring you back to Jacksonville you will choose Hyatt once again.

Latham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Spent two night here for a conference with a few grad school friends and had a great time. The hotel is very clean and modern with a restaurant, small sports bar, and small gift shop that stocks travel items you may have forgotten. The desk staff was very nice and accomodating, providing us an upper floor riverview room upgrade free of charge. The conference rooms and spaces were nice and bright. The only real hiccup we had with the hotel was an extra charge on the bill that, when brought to the attention of the hotel, was promptly removed. The hotel was walking distance to a variety of fun bars and restaurants in the downtown area. Overall, it was a great stay for a good value.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room on an upper floor with a riverview to get the most bang for your buck. Th...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront? Share your experiences!