“Dada-JAX” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Dada-JAX”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We had big event in this hotel and stayed for a week. Excellent hotel with all kind of amenities. Staff was so great to make our event with great success. Sales director was so nice. She helps us even out of her way to make our members happy. We decided to go only with Hyatt hotels to have our yearly event where it is available.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Safe-DJ,
Thank you for expressing your gratitude regarding your stay at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. I am so pleased that Hyatt is now your preferred hotel for all of your events! We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you again.

727 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Pensacola, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This hotel is pretty good. The room is clean, bed comfortable, and the decoration is nice. The view is awesome and the staff really friendly. But, I definitively didn't like that I had to pay extra fee for parking and for the wifi in the room. Also, most of the TV channels were pay per view. But, in general is a good place to stay if you get it at a discount price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Mariana L,

Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We are so pleased you enjoyed most aspects of our hotel; especially our fabulous staff. If your travel plans ever bring you back to Jacksonville, we hope you will stay with us again.

baltimore, md
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I went here for business for 2 nights in September.
The only negative is I requested foam pillows instead of feather online before I arrived, and that never happened. My plane was delayed 5 hours, so arriving at 1:30 am I was bummed to find no foam pillows. However, I did forget my toothpaste and they had it hanging on my doorknob by morning, which was very convenient.
I went for a walk near the water early one morning. There were a few shady characters along this stretch, but enough people were walking that I wasn't scared.
Breakfast buffet at the restaurant was good - lots of choices.
Bed was very comfy. Lots of room. View was great. Walk to my room was like a walk down a vegas hotel walkway - seemed like a mile away! But it was worth it for the view.
Very nice and clean. Service was great. I would definitely stay here again and even bring my family back. Be sure to visit nearby Biscotti's for an amazing dinner and dessert experience.

Room Tip: mine was 470, which was very far from elevators, but near emergency stairs and had a great view of t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Joeybagz312,

Thank you for your positive review of Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us!

Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I feel that I stay in so many hotels, that a comfy bed, clean room is expected in America. Maybe it's because Orlando not Jacksonville, has so many (tons) of great places to stay. The Hyatt Regency of Jacksonville's Riverfront hosted 3 conventions the weekend of my stay and though Vanessa (front desk) was superb, professional, and sweet, the hotel room itself, was a bit worn out. The curtains could not close so that street light poured in, so I "pinned" them to make due. The tub facet leaked, the trash can was not emptied from previous patron and though the new maid for the day I checked in, emptied it, it should have been inspected by someone. Also, the dresser lamp was broken. The cost was $129 for convention patrons. The parking was lowered from $15 overnight to $10 for those attending. Just saying that if this establishment is where you are staying for a convention, it is quite nice, but due to the amount of traffic of conventions, it has begun to see wear. No refrigerator, minibar nor microwave.
The complimentary coffee, is Starbucks, and was delicious!! The body lotion, superb. I would rather of gotten $20 off my room rate, and purchased my own, but to have this perfect convenient location, it really costs the hotel a lot of money. Loved walking to restaurants at Riverfront, as well. Used all the convention rooms, and they are up to standard. All in all, good standard room.
My apologies to the hotel, because I know that they would have addressed these issues had I brought them to their attention but due the many classes, and convention happenings, didn't let them know until after my stay. They were very pleasant and assured me of their commitment to excellence, and that they would address them.

Room Tip: I suggest floors 4 or 5 if you attend a convention due to being able to get an elevator faster. Als...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear BHappynow,

Thank you for your very detailed review of Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you received during your stay. At Hyatt we strive to provide exceptional service and we have fallen short. If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate and give me a call.

Georgia, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

When i first arrived to this hotel, there was 1 lady at the desk helping another guest and i had to wait like 15 minutes. why wasn't there more staff?

Why am i charged for parking? Parking is not included with staying at the hotel overnight? LOL WOW

Hotel is old and the meeting rooms are really out of date. The entire hotel is cold, but the meeting rooms are absolutely freezing.The room has really loud air BLASTING. The only way to get it off is to open the sliding door, but then you have to sleep with the door open, which could subject you to loud noises as well.Someone else said the same thing that next morning.

The coffee is not free. So i went to the lobby to get what's usually complimentary and a girl popped up behind the counter as if she were going to serve me. I said this is the complimentary coffee, right? She said no b/c it's starbucks. Wait, so you mean the kind that comes in a bag that you can buy from the store that you brew? that does not count! the "starbucks" coffee tasted no different from typical complimentary coffee at hotels. i have stayed at nicer hyatts that had complimentary coffee.

Ate at the restaurant in the lobby. It was expensive and it took an hour and a half from the point of ordering to the point of receiving the average food.

Lastly, why is the internet not free or included with the room? Probably 90% of the guests at this hotel are on business. If not, you probably still require internet daily for other things. So you charge for parking, you charge for internet, what's next? are you going to charge me to go to the bathroom? Would not recomend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Needketchup,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay. If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail, please contact me directly.

Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Great location for Jacksonville right on the river. Hotel is a bit dated, but clean and roomy. Has a great outdoor pool and good gym. Service was excellent. Hotel buffet at the restaurant was great but a bit pricey. Jacksonville is a great little down, but its like someone built a small city and no one came..Where are the people??

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Matthew H.,

Thank you for your positive review of Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us. Don’t keep us a secret; tell all of your friends and family about us!

Suwanee, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We usually stay here when we go to the Jacksonville Jazz festival. Not only is the service outstanding, but the rooms are comfortable, nicely appointed, and the restaurants and bars are very nice and relaxing. It's a nice posh hotel, and I love that it is conveniently located to several cool places, and within walking distance.

The final thing I can say is that for all this, the price isn't that bad either!

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the river. It's a nice added touch.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Ronda H,
Thank you for expressing your gratitude regarding your stays at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. I am so pleased that we are your preferred hotel when attending Jazz Festival. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you again in May.

Director of Rooms

Been to Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront? Share your experiences!