“Nice hotel, Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #45 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Denver, Colorado
“Nice hotel, Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

The Hyatt Regency offers a safe and luxurious lodging in the downtown area right near the St. James river. The design of the hotel is nice. Great for conventions, and affordable food in the hotel. The absence of grocery stores and convenience stores would make this hotel an excellent candidate to equip the rooms with microwaves and refrigerators. A midnight hunger run took me to the 19th floor to raid the 24 hour gym's food vending machine...the only food vending machine in the facility. Luckily, it's prices were half the price (or better) of the convenience shop. Who wants to spend $5.00 for a tiny Nutrigran bar!?!

The gym was amazing, plus poolside bar! You can't beat that.

The check-in kiosks weren't working. Check out kiosks weren't working. The WIFI in the lobby didn't work. All the things I wanted to try to avoid the 45 minute check in process with the understaffed (no managers on deck) check-in team. I felt bad for them. They were simply overhwelmed. In this modern age of WIFI access and internet check-in's, I should have been able to skip the line for check-in.

So...Hyatt is a nice hotel...great for conventions. Yet, it definitely needs some improvement with modern services and basic guest comfort.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Justin A,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We appreciate your kind words and feedback regarding your stay. We are glad you enjoyed most aspects of our hotel and apologize for the inconveniences you received at check-in due to the internet outage. We appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We booked this hotel through Priceline. Super clean hotel and the staff was helpful. I asked a room facing the bridge and the view was spectacular. So, book a room facing the river and the bridge! They did not have breakfast but there was a pretzel place nearby. It was tasty!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Adrian D,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We are so glad you enjoyed your experience with us. If you are ever back in Jacksonville, we hope you will stay with us again.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We drove down July 3rd to return my niece after she spent 3 wks w us in ATL. Thought this would be a nice place to stay and meet our family to give her back. We checked in July 3rd at 11:30 PM and left morning of July 5th so we only had one day to enjoy ourselves and we were all excited.
Room was never serviced, when I requested service the maid did not come until late in the night when we were getting ready for bed. The people next to us were smoking marijuana and we were moved to another room at 12:30AM on July 4th after calling the desk to complain. I should have called the police instead. We ordered room service and it arrived cold and 2 hours later. My children were asleep by then and we left it in the hallway. The maid brought us clean towels upon request due to room not getting serviced and when she brought the towels, she decided to take our bathroom trash out, our toiletries were next to the the trash can and she assumed them to be garbage and threw them out! The hotel was a mad house - people that were not even guests were all over the lobby to escape the rain and it felt very unsafe. after waiting 30 minutes for an elevator we took the stairs (7 floors) and when we arrived at our room - the keys did not work!

I checked in at approx 11:30PM July 3. Our entire afternoon and evening of July 4 was crazy. I would have expected more organization and security at the hotel - it was chaos. Security came to my room 3 times just to try and figure out which room above us was dropping lit sparklers off the balcony. Constant disruption and although we received a 50$ credit I thought that was not enough. Packing my room up and kids at 12:30AM the night before we left was no fun and we drove back to Atlanta the following day exhausted. So excited when we arrived and so disgusted when we left.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear SkinnyGirlReview2,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. Please accept my sincerest apology for any inconveniences you received during your stay. At Hyatt we strive to provide exceptional service and it sounds like we fell short. If you would like to discuss your stay in further detail, please contact me directly. We hope you will give us another try.

Peachtree City, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We booked this hotel thru Hotwire July 3rd for a July 4th stay, got a great price so we weren't expecting a lot. We were surprised, room was nice, location can't be better. One issue was the long line for the valet parking then once you got inside the line to check in was at least 100 people deep. Luckily someone told us there was a kisos up front we went in and used that and were checked in very quickly. When we left for dinner we told some people at the end of the still long line and they were extremely appreciative. Someone should of been directing people to that check-in method at all times. We did use the guest relations for dinner reservations. He recommended the Chart House, a short water taxi ride from the hotel, this was fun and different. Dinner was excellent we were seated with a water view, personalized menus and a complimentary desert. Very nice touches.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tootsemikayla,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We are glad you were pleasantly surprised once you arrived to your guest room. We treat all guests equal no matter how they make their reservations. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us.

Fort Mill, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel was ok, but I would not stay here for pleasure on July 4th. The Hotel is extremely busy for the 4th.The waterview was very nice. Jackson's landing was a short walk and had great food, shopping, and entertainment. The following day services was great travelers for the July 4th fireworks have left and the area was quite for a great stay. Overall ...4 out of 5. Fireworks near bridge was Great!

Dear JCII,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I visited on our anniversary. Upon hearing this, the front desk manager on site gave us a room with the best view, sent up chocolates, and offered to make reservations at a nearby restaurant. The food/treatment at the restaurant was above and beyond what we ever expected. AND the treats up at our room when we returned made for the best anniversary celebration ever. We would make the eight hour drive again, just to have another pleasurable experience!

Room Tip: Ask for river front!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 3lizabeth,

Happy ‘belated’ Anniversary! I am so glad our associates were able to go above and beyond to make your anniversary a memorable one. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to your next stay with us.

Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We planned our entire vacation around watching the fireworks, so when I booked this room on May 26,2013
I requested a king bed with a fireworks view . On July 4 we called advised we would be in around 5:30 please have our room ready. Upon our arrival I was told they didn't have our room and they could give us a different room and adjust the price, I presented my confirmation number and asked to speak with a manager after 10 min I was given a King room with a water view. I asked can we see the fireworks from this room I was told yes.
when we get to the room I call guest services and asked are you sure we can see fireworks from this room? Once again I was told yes.
The fireworks began at 9:45 and guess what, you cant see fireworks from this room! I rushed to get my children dressed so they could at least see some of the fireworks from the street, but by the time we got down from the 15th floor and outside the fireworks were over. My children were heartbroken!
My husband called down and spoke to the supervisor Tom?. Tom advised that everyone knows you can't see fireworks from that room. Tom did comp the room and whatever else we wanted, but I never wanted anything for free. I did want the room and the fireworks view I requested on May 26 and mostly I wanted my children not to cry!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel were a reservation means you have the reserved room!!
Dear Renea411,

Director of Rooms

Been to Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront? Share your experiences!