“Pretty Nice place altogether” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early & Save
Ranked #55 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
wausau WI
“Pretty Nice place altogether”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2008

Nice place altogether. The inside of the hotel is great. Lobby is real nice. I didn't eat at the restaurants in the hotel so I can't say alot about that. They look expensive though.
The location is the best thing about this place. Right across from the river walk and its nice benches and view of the water. There is a small outdoor shopping area a few blocks away with a food court with restaurants you would actually want and could afford if you're not wealthy.
Internet that should be free is $9.95 and you have to guess that there is a wire in the desk drawer. You would think it is wireless and there is no indication anywhere you would expect instructions on how it operates. Like on the desk itself!
The rest of the town is alot of office buildings and and parking lots some of it is boarded up or closed. So that's bad. But as far as the hotel itself goes, definately above average.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
Evans, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2008

We booked this hotel through priceline and thought we got a pretty good deal. The hotel had excellent location by the riverfront, great views, and pretty, clean rooms. The first thing we noticed walking in was that it was hot, maybe 85 degrees in the room and despite the a/c being on, it did not cool down quickly. We figured it was because they were saving on cooling costs and hadn't turned it on so we went out to enjoy the riverwalk, but it was still hot when we returned and remained hot during the day through our staydespite shutting the curtains. I turned on my computer and found out that while the wireless in the lobby is free, in the rooms, it is a wired connection and you are charged $9.95/day for service. I've been to a lot of hotels in the past year and never been charged for the internet connection. Lastly, the day of departure, we got an additional $30 charge for the self-parking in the parking deck, a charge that was not disclosed in advance and written in very fine print on the door of the parking deck. All in all, very disappointing stay due to all the nickel and diming.

Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
Atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2008

Chose hotel bcuz I’ve stayed at many Hyatt properties & I was very pleased with them. Reviews from this site & tripadvisor.com also influenced my decision, but boy was this a big mistake! When I first arrived & went to the room, I was sadly disappointed at the decor. The Hyatt standard room looked like a version of a lost in the 80’s scene, which is why u can only c the bed in the photo of the room. The furniture and scheme of the room was severely outdated. Now this was tolerable bcuz by this time, I was so glad to have made it to my room after a long drive that I just wanted to settled down. As I was about to sit down in the swivel chair at the desk, gross stains were on the seat so I had to cover it with towels. Yes, I know I should’ve said something about it then, but I just wasn't in the mood to complain. My mood quickly shifted though when I pulled back the top comforter later on. OMG BLOOD, yes BLOOD streaks were on the freak’in comforter! I couldn't believe this! In this day and age, this hotel did not train its staff properly on issues & dangers related to bodily fluids. While it is known that hotels rarely change their comforters (that's why I bring my own), since the Hyatt's comforters are snow white, they should make it a priority to change them frequently. Believe it or not, the issues didn't stop there. The walls are so thin that u can hear people making love in their room and even a whisper in the hall way. The slightest sound can be heard so u have to turn on the radio or something if u don’t want to be disturbed by the outside noise. I demanded that they change the room after being grossed out with the blood and all I was given was another room of subpar standards and free breakfast (go figure). Got to the new room, pubic hairs were on the shower wall right next to the dirty grout between the tiles. Oh don't let me 4get, when I walked in the rooms, they even have a musty old smell to go right along with the 80's room décor. This was the worst Hyatt experience I’ve had. In fact, it’s the worst so called upscale experience I’ve had in my travels and I never stay in hotels below a 4 star rating on a 5 star scale. In all fairness, the positives were the river front view, the lobby area is nice & the breakfast buffet was great, but this wasn’t enough to sway my thinking from the inexcusable conditions of this hotel. I could have gone to a cheap pimped out [--] and saved money if I wanted this type of experience. Gosh, never ever again will I visit this Hyatt. Glad as hell my stay is done!

• Liked — Great Breakfast buffet
  • Disliked — Almost everything
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Savannah, Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2008

My husband and I wanted a quick weekend getaway. When we arrived, the staff was so friendly. We were greeted promptly with a smile. All questions were answered without hesitation. We had an executive suite which was fairly large. The riverfront view was amazing, especially at night. The bathroom was large. The restaurants in the hotel were pretty good, but a little pricey. The hotel is very quiet, which we both needed. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — restaurant prices
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Overland Park,KS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2008

This hotel is in a great location on the riverfront. Great front desk staff. Rooms are clean, large and quiet.

Stayed May 2008
Newport News, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2008

Recently returned from a business trip to Jacksonville, FL. Stayed at the Hyatt in a riverview room (1106). Very nice business type hotel. Seamless check-in (room was ready at 9:30 AM). Very clean room with two queen beds, tidy bathroom, plenty of space. Staff was courteous and helpful. Two laptops in the lobby (beside the elevators) that allow you to print your boarding pass at no charge. Didn't try the restaurants in the hotel, but there is plenty to see and do within walking distance (Jacksonville Landing and water taxi to other side of St. John's river). Conference facilities were excellent and well appointed. If you are traveling on business, I can easily recommend this clean, quiet hotel.

• Liked — Clean, quiet room. Good Staff
  • Disliked — Only two drinking glasses in the room and not replaced during my stay.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2008

I went to Jacksonville for my boyfriend's work meeting. It was a great experience. The hotel was great. They have a really good steakhouse, Plaza III and a couple other restaurants. It seemed to be a great facility to hold meetings with many meeting/banquet rooms. We used a couple of the banquet rooms for dinners/cocktail hours. They all had a patio connected that over looked the river. It was very beautiful. I was able to get some amazing sunset pictures.

The workout room was very nice and offered more than other hotel fitness rooms I have seen. I also loved running on the path along the river.

I only have a few negative comments. The pool and hot tub seemed to be a little dirty, I definitely wasn't interested in going in either one. The other negative was that our bathroom did not have a fan so it would get very hot in there during showers, even if the bathroom door was open. I am not sure if all rooms were like that or if it was just ours.

Overall it was a great experience and I would definitely recommend this hotel. The location was great, just a couple minute walk from The Jacksonville Landing. There were a couple shops and a few restaurants. It was a very cool place to hang out, especially at night. Make sure to check that out!

• Liked — The location!
  • Disliked — The cleanliness of the pool/hot tub
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront? Share your experiences!