“Great location overlooking the waterfront.” 4 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #42 of 130 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Manlius, New York
“Great location overlooking the waterfront.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I came to the Hyatt on business while attending a conference. The location was awesome, overlooking the waterfront. The staff was outstanding. Friendly, courteous and accommodating, from the front desk to housekeeping. The room was large and comfortable, although some of the amenities were lacking. Wireless Internet access was overpriced and Lodgenet TV options typically limited. The food was just okay. I would encourage you to explore other nearby options.

• Stayed March 2013
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear CNY-Tripper,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We are so pleased you enjoyed all aspects of our hotel and city. At Hyatt our goal is to provide authentic hospitality and it sounds like we delivered. Please tell your friends and family about us.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I just spent several days at the Hyatt Regency in Jacksonville and was so impressed by every detail. The staff is friendly and efficient. The best of everything in one location! Wonderful patio and deck areas. Excellent food. Seriously, you have to try the grilled cheese sandwich in the restaurant there it is not your ordianary comfort food.

Room Tip: I was on the 19th floor and the view was incredible!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear AIUA,

Thank you for giving Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront your stamp of approval. We appreciate your wonderful comments regarding our hotel; especially our friendly and efficient staff. I will also pass on the message regarding our grilled cheese sandwich to our chef. Thank you again for choosing Hyatt and we hope you see you again in the future.

Barnwell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

My review is a little mixed. I'm one that prefers more in my room as opposed to what's outside my room. Meaning, the overall hotel is BEAUTIFUL. From the lobby to the restaurants, conference rooms. All are beautiful and conveniently located-walking distance to the landing. For the amount of of money a night I was expecting an immaculate room. Rooms are Super 8 average. I say that because I recently stayed at a remodeled Super 8, and the room was VERY similar. The absolute only difference was the size. Hyatt was bigger in length. I recommend getting a riverview. Another couple that's here has a riverview and it's REALLY nice. Staff is friendly and helpful. Valet parking is $20 per night. Garage $15 per night. We were informed of a parking lot near that was free on weekends. I was more so disappointed in the room, no microwave, no fridge, no safe. We were in a king bed cityview. They have $4 water in your room I wouldn't dare touch, for that price I could get a case. Nothing is pretty much FREE or complimentary here. Although I wasn't expecting FREE things, however for the price per night I was certainly expecting something. Business center is NOT free, please take your credit card with you. You have to use a credit card, no swiping room key and being charged later. I had to upload some pictures from my camera for a customer and email them. Something I forgot to do before leaving home. It took me about 10mins and it cost $9.42. So please be prepared. Another couple that came, had to send a fax, 2 pages were $9. This place overall decor is nice, and I did feel safe and secure. For the price I'm sure I could have gotten the same security some place else, offering a lot more. Overall I probably won't stay here again, solely because it wasn't worth the price. I would take the Hilton which was cheaper over this. More research is indeed in order on all future trips.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear April R,

Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We appreciate your feedback. If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail, please call me directly. We hope you will give us another try.

Lafayette, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is nice. Rooms are nice. Staff is nice. Food in Jaxx is good. Downtown Jacksonville is "questionable". I do not walk around the downtown area when I'm here. The hotel is clean and nice. Like all hotels they have their "not so nice" rooms. The hotel is good and I think their employees take pride in their property. For a "luxury" property, there is nothing to write home about. Make sure you are getting a "deal" if you stay here.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear TravelinTodd,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Safety Harbor, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Lynn and I recently spent 3 nights at the large Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront Hotel. This hotel is difficult to get to (Find it with your gps) though certainly convenient for activities at Jacksonville Landing, the Jacksonville Philharmonic Orchestra and business events. I was at the hotel for a nature photography conference. The last time that we had been in downtown Jax there were tolls on all of the bridges. No more. The person that I mentioned that to couldn't believe that I was that old (:g). We enjoyed the hotel restaurant (typically expensive hotel food) and the hotel lounge. Rooms were large and quite nice. Beds were quite comfortable. I was surprised that there were 2 hair driers in the room. But, after seeing what that was about I learned that the one attached to the wall had a broken switch. The hair drier should have been replaced. Maid service was excellent. The business rooms, ballrooms, were large and comfortable. We enjoyed a few of the restaurants at the nearby Jacksonville Landing, but we were surprised how that shopping area had aged in just a few short years.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the St. John's River.
Dear Radiohutch,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We appreciate your kind words regarding your stay. If you are ever back in the area, we hope you choose Hyatt once again.

Sherrill, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My work used the Hyatt Regency in Jacksonville for a meeting/lodging in February. It was convenient to the Riverfront Attractions, had great anemities and was wonderfully appointed. My only concern was the cost of the Buffet Breakfast ($25 pp); however it was a magnificent breakfast. Staff was coridal and friendly at all times and alwasy said hello whenever you saw them. I had a great stay here!

Room Tip: Try to be closer to elevators for a great view.
Dear PastorBob_12,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback regarding your stay at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We are so pleased you enjoyed all aspects of our hotel, especially our outgoing and courteous staff. Please tell your friends and family about us.

Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here because I had a conference scheduled at this location. I traveled with my two girls (2nd and 4th grade). The hotel service was excellent. They gave us a quiet room on one of the top floors with a great view, even though that was not requested (they were oversold and we got an upgrade). And they sent up milk and cookies at night! The room was clean, and quiet. The hotel is located in a very walkable part of town. We walked all over the city (not just the riverwalk, which is rather touristy). The rooms were standard size, but the overall hotel was clean and the staff was always very helpful and kind. Everytime we checked out our car they gave us 3 bottles of water, making up for more than the difference in valet and park yourself. I would stay here again.

Dear JallyGal,

Thank you for giving Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront your stamp of approval. We are so glad our associates were able to accommodate all your needs and even go above and beyond what you typically get at other hotels. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the near future.