“A Beautiful Hotel with breathtaking views across the St. Johns River.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront

Book Early & Save
Ranked #51 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Safety Harbor, Florida
“A Beautiful Hotel with breathtaking views across the St. Johns River.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Lynn and I recently spent 3 nights at the large Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront Hotel. This hotel is difficult to get to (Find it with your gps) though certainly convenient for activities at Jacksonville Landing, the Jacksonville Philharmonic Orchestra and business events. I was at the hotel for a nature photography conference. The last time that we had been in downtown Jax there were tolls on all of the bridges. No more. The person that I mentioned that to couldn't believe that I was that old (:g). We enjoyed the hotel restaurant (typically expensive hotel food) and the hotel lounge. Rooms were large and quite nice. Beds were quite comfortable. I was surprised that there were 2 hair driers in the room. But, after seeing what that was about I learned that the one attached to the wall had a broken switch. The hair drier should have been replaced. Maid service was excellent. The business rooms, ballrooms, were large and comfortable. We enjoyed a few of the restaurants at the nearby Jacksonville Landing, but we were surprised how that shopping area had aged in just a few short years.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the St. John's River.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Radiohutch,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We appreciate your kind words regarding your stay. If you are ever back in the area, we hope you choose Hyatt once again.

761 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Latham, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My work used the Hyatt Regency in Jacksonville for a meeting/lodging in February. It was convenient to the Riverfront Attractions, had great anemities and was wonderfully appointed. My only concern was the cost of the Buffet Breakfast ($25 pp); however it was a magnificent breakfast. Staff was coridal and friendly at all times and alwasy said hello whenever you saw them. I had a great stay here!

Room Tip: Try to be closer to elevators for a great view.
Dear PastorBob_12,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback regarding your stay at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We are so pleased you enjoyed all aspects of our hotel, especially our outgoing and courteous staff. Please tell your friends and family about us.

Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here because I had a conference scheduled at this location. I traveled with my two girls (2nd and 4th grade). The hotel service was excellent. They gave us a quiet room on one of the top floors with a great view, even though that was not requested (they were oversold and we got an upgrade). And they sent up milk and cookies at night! The room was clean, and quiet. The hotel is located in a very walkable part of town. We walked all over the city (not just the riverwalk, which is rather touristy). The rooms were standard size, but the overall hotel was clean and the staff was always very helpful and kind. Everytime we checked out our car they gave us 3 bottles of water, making up for more than the difference in valet and park yourself. I would stay here again.

Dear JallyGal,

Thank you for giving Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront your stamp of approval. We are so glad our associates were able to accommodate all your needs and even go above and beyond what you typically get at other hotels. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We made reservations through Priceline several hours before arrival. We got a great price. Parking is separate and cost $12 to park yourself. That was the only downside because you had to carry you're luggage out of the garage and across the street, unless you unload first and then go park. The staff was wonderful and our room was fine. We ate dinner at the Sports bar and the waiter let us know the Nachos would feed both of us. They did, and for $10 that was a good deal for dinner. They were some of the best nachos I've had. All in all, a great experience!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Retired3015,

Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We appreciate your wonderful feedback regarding Jaxx Sports Bar, along with our wonderful staff. If you are ever back in Jacksonville we hope you will stay with us again.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Riverfront along the St. John's River. I was there for 1 week at a nature photo conference. The costs were typical for a luxury hotel: valet parking is $20/day, internet in your room is an extra cost, there is no free breakfast, and an ice cream bar costs almost $7 at the gift shop. There is free internet connection on the 1st floor lobby. I have stayed at about 20 luxury hotels over the past 30 years, so I am used to this. Usually, if I have to pay for the hotel myself, I find a reasonably priced alternative such as Best Western or Hampton Inn, etc. Parking and in-room internet are free. But if you like the amenities of a luxury hotel, this is a wonderful hotel with a fabulous location. My room overlooked the river and I took walks along the St. John's River every day. This side of the river is the run-down side of town, so there are not any reasonable alternative hotels that I felt were safe to stay at. I drove across the river and found nice neighborhoods with alternative lodging selections. But I stayed at the expensive hotel, at my own expense, so that I could be right at my conference.

Dear Zevb,

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront during the Nature Photo conference. We know there are many options when booking your hotel accommodations and we are so glad you choose Hyatt. We appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us again in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on a four day business trip at the conference center. Parking was convenient but costs $15.00 per day. Ouch
The rooms were nice and clean, restaurants were just ok. The views of the river and bridges were awesome and it was a quick five minute walk to Jacksonville Landing for many restaurants and shops.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Johntesh 18,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We are pleased you enjoyed our hotel along with the location. If you are ever back in Jax, we hope you will stay with us again.

Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The views of the river are amazing and the heated swimming pool and hot tub were great.
Clean room but wish there was a refrigerator. The staff was the friendliest I have seen. While I was in the room my husband went to the cafe to get me breakfast. While waiting in line he started talking with one of the hotel's chefs and he ended up insisting on paying for the breakfast my husband was getting for me! They go above and beyond for their guests, very impressive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Rikkilee 1022,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay. At Hyatt we strive to provide authentic hospitality and it sounds like we delivered. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay.

Director of Rooms

Been to Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront? Share your experiences!