“Great Experience” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Check in was quick and our request for an upgrade to a river view was granted with no problem. We were visiting Jacksonville for the Davis Cup and the hotel was very busy, but the service was great. Very convienent location and beautiful views.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Lori S,

I am glad you had a great experience at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. Please tell your friends and family about us.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
Columbus, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was in this hotel for two nights for a business meeting and everything was top notch. From the greeting after being dropped of the Go Shuttle through Check In and throughout my stay, I felt welcome. Hotel is clean and well maintained. I very much enjoyed the real, live person doing the wake-up calls because they are so rare these days. I would also like to say that the front desk did an excellent and thorough job checking in and offering advice on what to do. Hyatt's are not inexpensive, but this one offered a great business package for $20 additional for unlimited phone calls in North America, Internet access, and breakfast each morning. The breakfast was exquisite with perfectly cooked bacon, chicken sausage, and fresh squeezed OJ. They served Starbucks coffee. I would recommend this place to anyone!

Room Tip: Any room ending 46 faces the river. The room has 19 total floors.
Dear ObanSkye,

Thank you for your wonderful review of Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. At Hyatt, we strive to provide authentic hospitality and it sounds like we delivered just that. Thank you again for choosing Hyatt and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Moultrie, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Well, I am having to re-type this review so it is now the abbreviated version.

Service - outstanding from the front desk, maid, and valet.

Location - excellent - downtown and was central to our needs.

Room - great view of river and city, very clean and spacious but a little dated.

Did not use the lounge or restaurant but they were on the first floor and looked inviting on our way in and out.

We would stay here again. Thank you Hyatt!

Dear Robinsoniv,

Thank you for your positive review of Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to see you again in the near future.

Newton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Great staff and excellent location right on the river make this a good choice if you are traveling through Jacksonville. Excellent breakfast and great view of the riverfront. Terrence in Guest Services was extremely helpful and solicitous - he helped bring our bags up to our room, and when we were given the wrong room number, he arranged for us to have wine and strawberries dipped in chocolate to make up for it! Also Alex at the omelet station and Liz our waitperson were terrific in the restaurant, despite it being extremely busy with folks here for the Davis Cup. This is a large, bustling, city hotel, and if that works for you, this is a good choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river for a spectacular view.
Dear ElenGlanz,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. I am pleased you had a very pleasant experience overall. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the mentioned associates. If your travels ever bring you back to Jacksonville, I hope you will stay with us again.

Brechin, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Fantastic views of the river. It's a large hotel with only one restaurant. There are two bars, one poky little one and one spacious lounge bar. Service was erratic depending on the amount of people in the bar.
Our room had a river view, which was stunning. I had a lot of business calls to the UK and had to use the phone in our room, and that was a slight problem because the hotel seems to have communication problems - Internet erratic, phone signal likewise.
The conference facilities are good.
There are some really good restaurants, but the best ones are across the river and that involves a taxi ride, or even a river taxi.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Karenina_J,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville. I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay and hope you will stay with us again.

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This hotel has friendly staff and is in a very nice location with great view. It is convenient to River Walk bars and restaurants. It was a good base for taking clients out to lunch and dinner during a conference. The breakfast at the hotel was also good. Overall, it was a good value for a conference-related business trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear PhilS_42,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding Hyatt Regency Jacksonville. I am so glad you enjoyed all aspects of our hotel. I hope you will stay with us again in the near future.

Somewhere MT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

When I checked in I went to hang my shower bag - the towel rod fell off of the wall. The airconditioning did not work, we were sweating in the beds. The airconditioning in the hotel is poor as well. The elevators don't have airconditioning so they are as hot as the outside ambient temps. The staff at the front was nice. You could tell everyone was told to say hello in the hallways, which they did. However in the conference area I had staff step in front of me, cutting off my momentum to keep their own, 4 times in 3 days.

Our room was only cleaned in the most rudimentary fashion - the bed made. Towels on the floor picked up. Dirty dishes were left on counters. I had to call to the front for glasses - they delivered plastic cups.
The area around the hotel is dangerous with rumors of a murder a few weeks back. There were 4 policeman walking the lobby the night I arrived so I believe the rumors. We were told not to leave the premesis at night. NICE!

Room Tip: If you stay stay high floor and demand river view.
MTDreams,

My apologies for your very inconsistent experience while our guest. I am sorry that the housekeeping, condition of the room and the banquet staff actions were unacceptable. Thank you for the nice comments regarding our other staff, they will enjoy hearing all of your positive experiences. Like any downtown urban location, one should be careful and take notice of your surroundings when out at night. I am sorry that rumors of danger kept you from enjoying the waterfront areas around our hotel. I hope that if I can offer any assistance in the future you will contact me directly.

Director of Rooms

Been to Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront? Share your experiences!