“Clean hotel in good location for the game” 4 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #47 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
St Augustine Beach, FL
“Clean hotel in good location for the game”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed 1 night at the Hyatt Regency to attend the Thursday night beat down of the Jacksonville Jaguars by the Indianapolis Colts. We do have season tickets to the Jags (I know you feel sorry for me) and decided since it was a night game and we live over an hour away it would be best to stay near the stadium since I would have to have a few beers in order to watch the game...

Anyway back to the hotel. It is in a great location on the river in downtown Jacksonville. It is a bit of a walk to the stadium, but can be done. Cabs and bicycle cabs are a better choice. The rooms are large, clean and we had a fabulous top floor river view room! The lobby is nice with a good vibe especially on game night. The bar offers a good happy hour and the food looked good even though we just drank.

In the morning I went downstairs to grab a coffee and some breakfast, but found the wait at the main restaurant was very long and the line at the attached Einsteins Bagels was out the door. I was able to finally get a coffee at the hotel bar and a muffin that was not good.

Overall I would stay here again, but having stayed in other Hyatt Properties, I would say this one will need renovations in the near future.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor river view room. Jacksonville is a very pretty city with the river and bridges...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Dave and Heather,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront for the Jags/Colts game. We appreciate your very thorough review of our hotel and location. Jacksonville is a wonderful city, and we have the most amazing views in downtown! We hope you will stay with us again in the near future.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Extremely disappointed. My room is disgusting. There are hairs everywhere...all over the floor, stuck on towels. The bathroom is gross. The floor is dirty, the shower is slimy and filmy and has marks and moldy areas everywhere. The carpet is gross and has stains. The TV is from 1996. Given a room with a view of a rooftop with pipes and steam. The only thing I can say is that the staff who checked me in were nice...probably preparing me for my disgusting room.

Room Tip: Pay a lot of money and request a room on a higher floor with a view of the river. Ask if they actual...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Kellyo1126,

Thank you for your review. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you received during your stay. Please know that at Hyatt our goal is to provide ‘authentic’ hospitality and I’m sorry in your case, we fell short. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact me directly.

904-588-1234
Porvoo, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We were in town for football game and seemed like so was all the other hotel guests.
Staff was friendly. Hotel has two bars to hang out and rooms were big(ish) and very clean and comfortable.
Only thing I missed was HDTV but that should not be a big deal for most people

Location is perfect for football but nothing much else to do. There's a Jacksonville Landing just nearby if you want to see drunken tourists. Or wanna be one. Nothing else there.
All the other attractions need a car or a cab.

Breakfast buffet was overpriced in my opinion. ~$15

Could easily return for football game. It's ok to cheer for visiting team unlike most of the football towns.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Whitenekke,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront for your football weekend. We are glad you enjoyed your overall stay and hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Castaic, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I was in town for the Detroit Lions vs Jacksonville Jaguars -- first time as a solo fan. I was a bit apprehensive in doing so, but this trip was the perfect storm. 1) The opponent (Jaguars) are having an awful season so hopefully (and thankfully in hindsight) weren't obnoxious. We traveled to Oakland last fall and it was like Kurt Russell in 'Escape from New York' - people going out of their way to bump you, bother you, etc. Great weather -- clear, warm to hot and sunny.
2) I picked this hotel for its proximity to the stadium (.8 miles away); and 3) although my room didn't have a view, the location was on the riverfront which was very pretty.

I made a concerted effort to use public transit to move about the city and I used JTLA to get from the airport and wanted to walk to the stadium. Unfortunately, on the flight over from Los Angeles I injured my right big toe and couldn't WALK AT ALL. Fortunately, the hotel had a great cab service to the stadium ($3 per person in mini-van).

The hotel itself was below what I expected. Old looking (and smelling), nothing about my room suggested modern or return worthy. This seemed like a great room for four guys coming the Florida for a football game and only needed the room to rest your head. Amenities below average.

The downtown was a tad depressed, with your typical big city homeless and shady neighborhoods (walking to hotel from bus station). I arrived to a charity event on the riverfront and a food truck festival (Community First Saturdays) which was very nice. A large luxury yacht was docked across the street from my hotel which made the trip, in addition to the cool drawbridges along the water, exotic and different from my hometown.

For me though, I wanted a place close to the stadium to go see the game and it was perfect for that.

Got AAA discount which translated to a great breakfast in the Treluse Restaurant (one of three very good eateries in the lobby) and the hotel was adjacent to the Jacksonville Landing, a set of restaurants and shops (looks much better at night) for your entertainment purposes.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear SimpsonJr,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront for the Jags/Lions football game. We are glad you enjoyed our location, however disappointed that our hotel was not to your likings. If you would like to discuss your stay in further detail, please contact me.

Navarre, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Attended a meeting at this location in October. Fall is gorgeous in Jacksonville. The river sparkled every day and was easily enjoyed because the weather was comfortable and traffic was at a minimum.
Just as many of the Hyatt's I've been to, the staff at Regency in Jascksonville provided the very best service. We had a large display to off load from our vehicle during a very busy load in time. I was impressed by the number of staffers available to assist. I am not one to relinquish my luggage to anyone and then waitng for hours in my room for it to arrive but on this trip I did give my luggage to a bellman and it arrived in my room before I did. Very nice. The room was clean, air was fresh, and the view of the river was very cool especially at night with the bridge being lit and changing colors. The skyline of Jacksonville is distinct and impressive. This was a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the river!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Tishama,

Thank you for your wonderful and thoughtful review of Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We are so pleased you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. If your travel plans ever bring you back to Jacksonville, we hope you will stay with us again.

Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

The title says it all. The corporate price we paid was spot on. Full price and I would have been disappointed. Very attractive exterior, spacious lobby and friendly staff present an impressive first impression. The "sports bar" is little more than a utility closet. Rooms are spacious and clean but dated. CRT televisions, salmon colored tiles on the wall of the lavatory. I have to admit to being very surprised by the lack of WiFi in room. It's not that it's not available, but that you have to pay for it. $5 for 3 hours, if I recall correctly. It's free in the lobby but who wants to sit there and conduct business. Had I known we would have stayed elsewhere. A deal breaker in my eyes while traveling on business. I did buy the three hour block and the speed and reception were great, but it does not condone the utter lack of service with the price of the room. Overall I'd say an above average hotel but the little imperfections add up and equate to an Average experience. Great location for experiencing the town, but if you're on business I can only surmise that there are more acceptable locations to choose from.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mleducho,

The staff at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront would like to thank you for taking time and writing a review of our hotel. We were glad to hear you enjoyed your encounters with our staff; and apologize that our overall hotel was not up to your standards. If you would like to discuss your stay in further detail please contact me personally.

904-588-1234
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville, the location can not be beat. The views are wonderful and there is plenty of parking. I would give it 5 stars if the ownership would put some money it to updating the property. The Hallway carpet could use the most help.

Dear Bodybytwins,

Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront would like to thank you for your stamp of approval. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit to Jacksonville.

Director of Rooms

Been to Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront? Share your experiences!