My wife and I stayed 1 night at the Hyatt Regency to attend the Thursday night beat down of the Jacksonville Jaguars by the Indianapolis Colts. We do have season tickets to the Jags (I know you feel sorry for me) and decided since it was a night game and we live over an hour away it would be best to stay near the stadium since I would have to have a few beers in order to watch the game...
Anyway back to the hotel. It is in a great location on the river in downtown Jacksonville. It is a bit of a walk to the stadium, but can be done. Cabs and bicycle cabs are a better choice. The rooms are large, clean and we had a fabulous top floor river view room! The lobby is nice with a good vibe especially on game night. The bar offers a good happy hour and the food looked good even though we just drank.
In the morning I went downstairs to grab a coffee and some breakfast, but found the wait at the main restaurant was very long and the line at the attached Einsteins Bagels was out the door. I was able to finally get a coffee at the hotel bar and a muffin that was not good.
Overall I would stay here again, but having stayed in other Hyatt Properties, I would say this one will need renovations in the near future.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront Hotel Jacksonville
- Hyatt Jacksonville Riverfront
- Hyatt Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the essence of the lifestyle and landscape of the real Florida at our Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront hotel. Set along the St. Johns River within the heart of the city’s business, entertainment and sports districts, our outstanding downtown Jacksonville hotel is adjacent to the Jacksonville Landing, a hotspot for dining & entertainment, and within minutes of famous white sand beaches, championship golf courses, EverBank Field, water sports, museums and arts venues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere, Tingo, Expedia, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.