“Wonderful!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Wonderful!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

This hotel was very amazing!!! The hotel staff was very nice and everyone greeted us!!! The view from our room was awesome the bridges at night are soooo beautiful!!! The location was also great just walk to get food and drinks!!!!

• Stayed September 2012
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Bebe123456,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We appreciate your wonderful comments regarding our staff, view and hotel. At Hyatt our goal is to provide ‘authentic’ hospitality and it sounds like we delivered just that. Thank you for choosing Hyatt and we hope to see you again in the not so distant future.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

This was an excellent four night experience. The staff was friendly, efficient and contributed greatly to a wonderful stay. The double queen room on the 16th floor opened a splendid view of the river traffic, from private yachts to water taxis to tugs and barges going about their daily business. The views of several lighted bridges and fountains created a fairytale panorama after night settled in.

Park benches and double streetlamps dotted the walkway, and we could sit out at the riverfront any hour of the day or night and feel safe. It is less than a 10 minute stroll to the Landing with its many boutiques, pubs and restaurants. What a great place to go for a business meeting, conference or simply a casual stay.

Room Tip: The housekeeping staff for the 16th floor are extremely efficient. Pristine!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear J0sephine65,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed all aspects of our hotel, especially our staff. At Hyatt we strive to provide ‘authentic’ hospitality and it sounds like our staff did just that. Thank you again for staying with Hyatt and we look forward to your next trip to Jacksonville.

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed here for two nights fro a job related conference. The place is located in downtown Jacksonville right on the St John's River. The conference rooms are located on the 2nd & 3rd floors. They have a garage across the street with ample parking & a bridge over the street theat goes to the hotel 2nd floor.

The conference rooms are huge. The hotel is very clean. The service was good. They have a few restaurants & a sports bar in the lobby. As with most hotels the menu was pricey but you are paying for the convenience of not having to leave the hotel.

They have a breakfast buffet for $18 which is well worth it if you eat like I do. It includes made to order omelets, BACON, sausage, scrambie eggs, pancakes or french toast, cereal, fruits, coffee, OJ, other juices, oatmeal (YUCK), and anything else you can order for breakfast. I ate so much, I didn't need to eat lunch.

The place has a gym and outdoor pool & hot tub on the 19th (top) floor. There is a bar in the pool area but it was closed when I stayed. The hot tub is a decent size, so you & your travel buddies can all hang out & relax.

The rooms were clean & big. The housekeeping service was on point. Overall, it was a comfrotable stay with no complaints. My only knock was that I could've used a frig & microwave. That's it.

Room Tip: If you wanna be close to the gym & pool, book as close to the 19th floor as possible.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Johnny-Boricua,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We appreciate your very thorough review of our hotel. If you are ever back in Jacksonville, we hope you will stay with us again.

Northern Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Third time I've stayed there attending a conference. No longer Hyatt platinum but treated as tho I was still. Had a 12th floor room (double queen) I'm sure would have been nice but when I asked if just perhaps a king room was available not only did I get one, but the desk clerk (Gina?) worked hard to find me a good river view room at no extra cost. Which i thoroughly enjoyed. So kudos to the front desk clerks. Response to redoIng my room as hypoallergenic was prompt and cheerful. MariaJ, who took care of my room all but the last day, almost became a pen pal. Did a great job on my room too. Food in Trellis was very good along with the service. Oh. Had to mention it. Something unexpected seems to happen when I stay there. Two years ago it was the NCAA baskbetball tournament and the wake forest team followed by a baptist convention (not complaining btw). Last week it was the unannounced arrival of candidate Romney and finding a lobby patrolled by policemen even while I ate breakfast. Thrilling? Maybe. Weird & unforgettable. Definitely. Many thanks to he Hyatt staff who took care of me and the rest of the motley crew attending the conference with me.

• Stayed September 2012
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear CharTrav,

Welcome back to Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront! We appreciate your wonderful comments regarding your stay. It was great to hear that our staff went above and beyond to ensure your stay was enjoyable. We hope to see you again in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed Sept. 2012 while in town for a concert. The hotel is very clean and nicely decorated with extremely friendly staff. Room was average with a leaky bathroom faucet that leaked all over the counter. The view from our room was beautiful. Parking was $15/ day for self park or $20/ day for vallet. Thought that was a bit outrageous. Great location other than that pretty average.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Medaniels2009,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We appreciate you taking time to give us feedback regarding your stay. We were very pleased to know that our staff was extremely friendly; however we were sorry to hear you experienced a few glitches regarding your room. We hope the incident with your faucet will not stop you from staying with us again. Thank you again for choosing Hyatt and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I am in Jacksonville too often, but not often enough to justify the fact that I have probably tried three dozen hotels (Incuding Amelia and Ponte Vedra). Jacksonville is not heavy on the downtown hotel scene. Most properties are located along I-95 south of the city with a cluster at the airport as well. I was a Hilton downtown waterfront loyalist until it became a Crown Plaza and the option then were a horrible radison, a out of the way Omni and the Adams Mark ugggh!
Hyatt took over the premium location that was the Adams Mark and although I could not bring myself back to that property for over a decade, I did recently return to the scene of the crime.
Hyatt has done a wonderful job with the property, not major renovations, but through a better staff including from desk, housekeeping and food. The valet is wonderful and not a bad view while you wait for your car, sometimes I have language barrier with the front desk staff, but they try to compensate, by alway being helpful and friendly. I recomend the side wing, with larger rooms, longer walk, but quiet and away from the hustle and bustle of the very busy lobby. The property has a rare treat too, in addition to a coffee shop, they have an attached Einstien Bagels attached to the back of the property. Outside restaurants are a walk, but a very pleasant one and you can even take a ferry to the Ruth's Chris or a entertainment area with bars and burger joints. Big improvement, I will look forward to staying again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Jerrythetraveler,

Welcome to Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront! We are so glad you decided to try us out after being an Adam’s Mark. At Hyatt we strive to provide ‘authentic’ hospitality and ensure all guests’ have an enjoyable stay; and based on your feedback, it sounds like our staff delivered just that. Thank you again for choosing Hyatt. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us!

San Clemente, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I have stayed in many Hyatts and this property is way below the level of every other Hyatt I have ever stayed at. Although the property has a good location and the service was average for a Hyatt, the rooms in particular are not well maintained. I stayed four nights. My first room had a TV from the 1990's and a bathroom from probably the 1980s with a tub drain that was so slow the tub would be overflowing before you finished your shower. I requested to be switched rooms and my second room was identical except for a flat screen TV, but this one had a toilet that would not flush. There is something wrong when the basics aren't being delivered. Hyatt needs to complete a major renovation of this property and should have done it a decade ago. I wouldnt be surprised if in the future this property is no longer branded a Hyatt. There are better places to stay in Jacksonville.

Room Tip: Better rooms are on the higher floors. Best rooms are on floor 12 or higher.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear John92673,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I apologize for the inconveniences you received. If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail, please contact me directly. We hope you will give us another try.

Director of Rooms

Been to Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront? Share your experiences!