“Very nice, new Hotel in South Jacksonville area!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
ZEPHYRHILLS
“Very nice, new Hotel in South Jacksonville area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We just spent a very comfortable and relaxing weekend at this nice Hampton Inn. Although we did NOT choose this specific Hotel ourselves, due to us attending our Grand Daughter's gymnastic competition, we absolutely were impressed with the quality, cleanliness and comfort of the premises.
We stayed for two nights and found this location to be very convenient to everything we needed while visiting in Jacksonville. There is a nice Japanese Steakhouse just across the street, which we enjoyed for our Friday night meal. There is a McDonald's and a Walgreens just across the street and an Applebee's only about a mile away. The morning complimentary breakfast was very tasty and more than adequate! We enjoyed their "bagel toppers", fresh fruit and fruit juices, oatmeal and waffles!!! What is NOT to like? By the way, check out their "Suite Shop", located next to the check-in desk, for your choice of snacks, sodas, beer, wine, candy, toiletries and even ICE CREAM !!! Woo hoo!! Who doesn't want/need a snack about 9 or 10 pm ? They have it covered!!!

Room Tip: Our family had 3 rooms, each one a little different, but personally I think our King suite, with a s...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
jessethibodaux, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville - Bartram Park, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Davpat fl, Thanks for staying with us, and thanks for the review. I’m so glad you were impressed with the quality, cleanliness and comfort of our hotel. We hope that next time you are in the Jacksonville area you will specifically choose our hotel. We’ll see you next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
MIAMI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My handicapped spouse & I were accomodated at this fine hotel for the wedding of her Godson. We were impressed with the communication which began as soon as I made the reservation. Maps & travel instructions were clear & useful. While we were there, the front desk staff were always very cheerful & accomodating, helping us find eating choices & giving instructions on how to get to local places with which we were unfamiliar. After we left, I realized that I had left behing a pair of special shoes which, as a diabetic, I am encouraged to wear. I called & rerported the situation & asked for help in retrieving my shoes. A couple of phone conversations later & my shoes were on their way to Miami! They arrived here yesterday. Jesse Thibodaux & his crew are super Customer Service professionals!

Best Regards,
Julio Seibel, Capt. USAF Ret'd.

Room Tip: Just tell them what you desire & they will find a way to get it for you!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Capt. Seibel, Thank you for your service to our country. It was an honor having you and your family stay at our hotel. I’m so glad we were able to get your shoes back to you. Thanks for the kind words. The whole staff hopes to see you and your family return.
Pembroke Pines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at this Hampton Inn & Suites. The hotel is new, clean, tastefully decorated and managed efficiently.The staff are professional, helpful, and cheerful. The breakfast area is very pleasant in design and comfort. Overall, this beautiful hotel should be the standard for all hotels.

• Stayed October 2012
jessethibodaux, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville - Bartram Park, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
PaulaSPembrokePines, This review exemplifies the way we want our guests to experience our hotel. Thanks for the awesome review. It was a pleasure having you at our hotel and I really hope you guys come back to visit us next time you are in the area. Thanks again, and we’ll see you soon.
Salisbury, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stopped here and spent the night on our way down to Disney from North Carolina. The hotel is very clean and new looking and the staff is friendly. We had a very good room rate with our AAA discount. They offer a pretty decent breakfast in the morning as well. There is also a nice park in front of the hotel with a walking track around a pond. Only negative thing I can really think of is the pool is pretty small, but my kids still swam and enjoyed it so it isn't that big of a deal. This was our 3rd time staying here, it is a great stopping point for heading to Disney or one of the cruise ports in Florida.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
jessethibodaux, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville - Bartram Park, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
JayferX,
We’re so glad you keep coming back to see us! I hope you guys had a fun time at Disney the last time you were down. We all hope to see you guys again soon!
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

New. Clean. modern. The "suites" are very spacious and nicely appointed too. Hotel has a great workout room. Location is near a strip mall with several dining options close by. In general the area is in a nice suburban location in southern Jacksonville.

But there were a couple of issues that could improve: The hotel's internet service was so slow most the time in the evenings it was unusable. I had to call their tech support each night to just get the service in the usable category. Their internet service is inadequate for the hotel's capacity including "casual browsing and email". Forget business use like VPN.

The free breakfast is a nice touch. But it has room for quality improvement with the eggs and entrees.

Lastly the front desk staff were very friendly and remembered my name -even before I had met some of them. "Jesse" was thoughtful to get me into a Honors upgrade room, but he could be a little less pretentious.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Chase71,
Thanks for the review. We hope to see you again for your next business trip. I’m sorry about the internet issues you had during your stay. I can tell you that we are actively trying to solve the problem.
Lawrenceville, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

After visiting St. Augustine earlier on a hot, humid, crowded, Saturday afternoon, finding this Hampton Inn was a relaxing spot to cool off and clean up. It seemed new and was staffed with a friendly, knowledge front desk staff. The room was clean and well appointed with a good air conditioner and comfortable beds. We did not try the breakfast, as Starbucks was nearby, but it did seem quite popular. I have no complaints at all and I would stay here again if I was in the area. Their weekend rates were surprisingly good!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
KSC77,
We’re glad you were able to “beat the heat” at our hotel. We love having guests like you, so please stop by next time you are headed to St. Augustine! Maybe next time you can try our breakfast too!
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is a very nice Hampton, very clean, good staff. When we arrived we noted the lobby was ice cold, nice. We went to our king jacuzzi room and it was quite warm. Fiddled with the A/C (which is quite difficult to read having such small letters), could not feel any cold air coming out of the A/C unit. Called the desk, and someone came up, and set the A/C to override the 'green' feature to get the room cool. When we returned from dinner it seemed a tiny bit cooler. We then used the jacuzzi. The room still seemed very warm by bed time (about 10:30) so I called down. The guy at the desk said there was no maintenance in house, but he could move us to a room down the hall, we could just leave our stuff in the jacuzzi room. He brought us the cards, and we did that. The room we were moved to was huge, I guess it was their 2 queen studio suite, it was nice and cold, and we both slept pretty well. I believe the problem with the A/C in the jacuzzi room was caused by long term issues with high humidity from the jacuzzi collecting on the A/C and freezing up. The desk guy who brought up the keys said the same thing and noted that their was cold water dripping out of the bottom of the A/C, but no noticeable air blowing thru it. Wish we had just selected the 2 Queen studio suite in the first place. In addition to excellent A/C it was huge and beautiful. The staff here was very helpful. Unlike other Hamptons this one did not offer cookies at the desk (or cookies and soft pretzels as we had in Philly). Not a big deal, but when you come to expect certain standard amenities.....we found out that the cookies are not actually standard for Hamptons, its something the individual Hampton has to choose to participate in. We didn't get a chance to use the pool or gym, but they both looked extremely clean. The breakfast was pretty good, some bagels baked with egg cheese and bacon on top. Oatmeal and coffee were fine. Coffee is at an opposing wall from the breakfast, which is probably a very good idea for people who are in a hurry and only want coffee, and don't want to have to deal with people milling around the breakfast area. I wanted to give the place a five, but the issue with the A/C kind of blew that. I'd definitely go back, but I'd avoid the hot tub room!

Room Tip: Don't accept a hot tub room if the A/C appears to be anything less than stellar in performance o...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Burntweeniesandwich,
Thanks for the thorough review and thanks for staying with us. I’m glad you liked our hotel (except for the AC issues in your original room) Our maintenance staff has already put a new AC in that room. Usually our guests love our Whirlpool Suites and we rarely have complaints. I hope we can make it up to you next time you are in the area so please look us up.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville - Bartram Park? Share your experiences!