“Nice place. Large rooms.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #61 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Pooler, Georgia
“Nice place. Large rooms.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Nice hotel with good sized rooms. Staff was great and it is walking distance to a few restaurants and bars. Just minutes from the airport. It is a little pricey but worth the money. Will stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel and it was awesome! We were in town to visit family and the staff at the Residence Inn treated us like we were part of their family. Teresa was great very helpful and super friendly. The hotel was really clean and has so many amenities with an outdoor fire pit and grill along with an amazing pool. Our favorite was the basketball court, they have basketballs available for you whenever you want to play a quick game. The breakfast was delicious with so many options to choose from and it was FREE. The GM was out and about the property, always asking us how we were doing, and if he could help us! Overall this is one of the best Residence Inn's we have ever stayed at and it is the only place we will stay when we come back to Jacksonville!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Despite some reviews on this site I found it clean and comfortable with friendly and efficient staff. The pool was clean, but unfortunately the whirlpool was not working at the time of our stay. My granddaughter is a Proton patient and we were both grateful for the relaxed atmosphere!

Stayed August 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The airport Residence Inn, in Jacksonville Fl was selected as the host hotel for our family reunion July 24-27, 2014. The all staff at thistle was Excellent even there was an issue they provided assistance with a smile and ensured the issue was taken care of. Special thang you to Teresa, the breakfast staff and managers. Our family had an enjoyable time!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
São Paulo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I had a terrible experience in this hotel. In July 7th, I left the hotel early in the morning and returned at 7pm. When I entered the room I realized that one of my luggage was cut and some belongs were stolen! I went to the front desk, called the police and reported what happened. I left the hotel at the same night and went to another.
Since I was leaving the US by the end of the week, I requested quick resolution for the issue and reimbursement. I returned to the hotel one day before I leave the US and I was told that the manager could not reimburse me. I had to buy a new luggage and missing belongs.
I am waiting for a solution, however nothing happened so far past two weeks from the incident. Nobody from hotel called me to give me an update on the issue. I definitely do not recommend this hotel at all.

Room Tip: I do not recommend this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Brad W, General Manager at Residence Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear ElcioI,

Please know that myself and my staff sincerely regret that you had this experience at our hotel. At the time this happened we contacted the police, reported this to our insurance carrier (who you have spoken to) and have been cooperating with those investigations. Forgive me as I was under the understanding that this had been resolved and I can assure you that I have made this a top priority to get it finalized for you. I have asked our insurance carrier to contact you immediately and also ask that you let me know if you need anything further regarding this as we bring it to closure and please accept our apologies for our failure to follow up with you.

Salisbury, Maryland USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I did not realize that all Residence Inns accepted pets. The cost was rather steep, but that's okay if they really did do an additional $85 worth of cleaning. I would hope that they have a block or rooms reserved strictly for pets. They did put us in a room right by a stairwell that led to a pet walking area. The room was nice enough, nothing spectacular. I have been in nicer Residence Inns. The staff was freindly and helpful. We left too early to have breakfast, but we were encouraged to grab some coffee and muffins for the road. I did notice a urine smell in one of the hallways. I'm not sure if some pet had just had an accident or if that smell was always present. It did seem like the air conditioning had been turned off to conserve electricity, and that may have contributed to the smell.

Green Features: I applaud all efforts to converve energy, but not if the result is a peculiar odor in the common areas.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Karenkinm,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and review our hotel. We are very pleased that the staff was helpful and was able to get you some breakfast itmes before you left.

We are pet friendly, as are all Residence Inn properties. We have ensured that the issue in the hallway was resolved.

Thank you again.

Flint, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Don't write a post it want get posted . If you telling about a something that happened . Trip advisor must be friends with the hotel Darell I wrote about he horrible service the breakfast lady picking her nose not washing her hands food being molded

• Stayed June 2014
Brad W, General Manager at Residence Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear jwanda,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am sorry you had difficulties with posting your comments on Trip Advisor.

I am disturbed by your post and please know we take proper food safety and food handling very seriously, and train and inspect for the best results. We are investigating and consistanly working to provide impecable and proper service.

We apologize that there were issues with your stay, and we strive to be the best hotel at the airport.

Brad Whitaker

Been to Residence Inn Jacksonville Airport? Share your experiences!