“Great Hotel for Overnight stay” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Additional 10% off
Ranked #31 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Claxton, Georgia
“Great Hotel for Overnight stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed at this hotel one night prior to flying from jacksonville. This hotel was very clean and neat. They offer free parking and a shuttle to the airport. The room was small but had no problems. If you need a spot to stay before or after a flight, this is the place. None of the extras, but for the price it can't be beat.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Leah K, General Manager at Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
We are glad that you were able to take advantage of our Park and Fly Package which includes up to 14 days free parking and shuttle service to and from the airport.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and look forward to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

My hotels of choice were full. For 46 dollars plus tax, the hotel was a good deal. Staff was friendly, parking free and close to the airport. The surrounding area is a bit seedy. Lock your car!

Rooms are small but set up efficiently. Very clean. My only complaint was exterior noise.

I would stay again traveling through for a night.

• Stayed November 2012
We have the best value in the area and I'm glad you found us! Thank you for your time writing a review and we appreciate your good comments.

Alachua, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Last year when I visited, the hotel was not full. Over this past weekend and last Tuesday night it was really full. Clean cozy atmosphere. A well ventilated comfortable room, an amazingly comfortable bed I(as comfy as mine at home!) A decent free contintental breakfast, including 3 different juices, toast, hot and cold cereal, bagels, muffins. Nice shampoo, conditioner, and 2 soaps. I am happy that I stayed. No pressure to check out a bit after 11:00 and check this out... The clerk at the front desk remembered my name!!! Boy was I impressed. Oh did I mention free parking while away and free airport shuttle. One happy camper, that's me.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice. A heater in every bathroom. choose any room. no noise issues.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
We appreciate your kind words and happy to hear that you had another great stay with us. It was a pleasure serving you!

Thank you for choosing the Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites and we look forward to see you soon!
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Business has me in Jacksonville several times throughout the year. I have made this my prime choice of hotels. Cleanliness is very important and I have never been disappointed. The manager and staff are courteous, professional, and friendly. When you are away from home so often, this makes you feel welcomed and assures a peaceful rest. So, thank you staff - you are terrific.
This was a great find, and rates are uncommonly affordable. You can leave with a smile.
See you soon!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Leah K, General Manager at Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
We appreciate your time writing a feedback on this website. We are glad to hear that we've met your standards of cleanliness throughout the year. It is our number one priority to provide a clean and comfortable accommodation.

Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff.
Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in October 2012. The rates were great, they honored a coupon for the first night and gave us the next 2 for $5 more. When I checked in, I asked for a quiet room, so we were put on the 3rd floor so no one would be above us. With the fan blowing on the AC unit, we could not hear much of the goings-on in the hallway and we all slept very well at night.
We had 2 adults and 3 kids in the room, it was snug but large enough to be comfortable for an extended stay. The hotel is very close to the zoo and getting to Talbot Island to the beach takes maybe 20 minutes. It's close to tons of places to eat plus they have breakfast in the lobby.
The staff was SO nice. Every person at the front desk that we spoke with was very polite and helpful. The room itself was clean, this place was a great balance between budget and safety/cleanliness. It made the end of our vacation very pleasant! I would stay here again any time.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor really is quieter-no people walking around over your heads!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Leah K, General Manager at Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
We appreciate your wonderful comments about the hotel and staff. It was a pleasure to hear that you had a very pleasant stay with us.

We look forward to your next visit!

Thank you!
Winder, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

We arrived the day before our cruise to explore Jax and assure we were on time for cruise. We stayed at Jacksonville Plaza. I'm a 'clean freak' when it comes to hotels. This one was spotless and updated. We received a light continental breakfast, free a/c comfortable shuttle to port for my husband and I and they babysat our car for no extra charge for the week. When we returned from our cruise, the shuttle was there waiting for us to return to the hotel to retrieve our car. The attendant had opened up rooms at the hotel so everyone could quickly get to a bathroom which I thought was amazingly courteous. Then we were on our way back to Georgia. With taxes and everything it was about $90. Very pleased.

• Stayed October 2012
Leah K, General Manager at Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
We appreciate your kind words. We offer the best value in town and glad to hear that you found our Save and Sail Package an excellent one. Also, I would like to thank you for recognizing the efforts of our staff in providing great customer service.

Thank you for choosing the Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites and we look forward to see you on your next cruise!
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I called the morning of my stay to get a room at the last minute and they could not have been nicer or more helpful. Given the low, low price, I did not expect much as I stay in hotels for a living. This is the best hotel deal I have ever seen, period. My room was like new, the main items I look for are a clean room, good water management--hot when it needs to be and strong enough to wash off the soap--and a comfortable bed. A+ on all three, and nice people to boot. A computer in the lobby was easily available and I was very pleased with every minute of my short stay. I would stay there again anytime if I had to. This is a really great place surrounded by much more expensive properties.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your wonderful comment. We are happy to hear that you were very pleased with your stay with us and rated us with A+ on cleanliness, good water management and the comfortability of the bed. We will continue to do our best in providing guests with clean and comfortable accommodation at a very reasonable price.

Thank you.

Been to Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!