“Terrible Place” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Jacksonville North

You added Knights Inn Jacksonville North to your Saves list
Knights Inn Jacksonville North
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   10885 Harts Road, Jacksonville, FL 32218 (Formerly Motel 6 Jacksonville Airport)   |
Ranked #128 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Orange City
“Terrible Place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Definitely stay away from this motel. Although all the personel are polite and pleasant, the motel is a disaster. We had to change rooms twice and even then it was terrible. Although I had reserved the room for three days threy ended up refunding the entire amount because of the bad experience.

Room Tip: There is nothing good I can say.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Rooms haven't seen an update since the 70s. Cigarette burns in the bedspread despite it supposedly being a non smoking room. (I say supposedly because the room had a funky smokey smell.) Lots of "traffic" in the parking lot & some of the rooms. Had to ASK for soap & toilet paper! Unmade bed was still unmade when we got back to the room later in the day... But the tip was gone. NEVER going back.

Stayed November 2013
Hinesville, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Let me start off by saying that we have stayed at this property every New Year's Eve for at least the last 5 years or longer. During those times it was a LaQuinta Inn. It is an older motel building, but it was always clean and functional. I reserved 3 rooms in November for the New Years Eve 2013 while it was still LaQuinta Inn. Apparently it changed hands in December and is now Motel 6. I was grateful that they honored my reservation and I understand the confusion that may occur while converting to a new brand, however I think that most of the problems could have been avoided.

First off, the front desk... When we started checking in, I explained to the clerk that each person is paying for their own room, but she put two rooms on my credit card. Ok, easy fix,the other guest just reimbursed me with cash. I requested 1 smoking room and two non-smoking room. She booked two smoking rooms, one non-smoking room. Which she corrected and gave us the correct rooms, or so she said.

I kept my cool, I wasn't upset at this point...mistakes happen, but they were corrected.

We go to our rooms, my son's room wasn't made up yet so he went to the front desk and they switch rooms for him, and then all was fine with him.

My sister's room (the smoking room) didn't have a trash can nor did it have a supply of tissues. No big deal.

But when we get to our room, I open the door and it reeked of tobacco smoke, when I mentioned it to the employee she said that the room behind it was a smoking room and that the smell just seeped over into our room. I should have requested a new room at that point, but I didn't. There was a huge stain on the rug and when I walked by I stepped on it and it was sticky, I was glad that I had shoes on. When I got in the bed I discovered that the entire bedding reeked of tobacco smoke, so if that room was a non-smoking room today, yesterday it wasn't. In the morning I'm getting ready to take a shower...no hot water. It was luke warm, but not luke warm enough for me to take a shower. I did leave the water running for a sufficient time for HOT water to reach our room..but it never came. While I was waiting for hot water to arrive, I noticed that there was a bath mat in the tub, out of curiosity, I lifted the mat to see what was under it......crud and black mold! So I was glad that I didn't take a shower yet.

When I checked out I mentioned all of the problems to the front desk clerk, but she made no attempt to apologize or to make any kind of amends.

Needless to say, that my 2014 New Year Resolution is to find a new hotel to stay in next year...I think that is one resolution that I will be able to keep!

Room Tip: Avoid this motel
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were on our return from a road trip to Florida and a flat tire forced us to stay in Jacksonville. OK, I knew from the look of the neighborhood that the place was not going to be a palace. But far were we from imagine what we would find inside. I have never seen a bathroom that is not covered in ceramic tiles probably since last century. Here I found one, it was covered in vinyl. On top of that the only way of getting a shower would splash all around and the water would run from the vinyl floor into the carpet. Coming out of a shower was worse than disgusting.
Staff was helpful. We befriended the security guard, who promised to have an eye on our car. He even suggested not having dinner near by, but to take the highway and go two or three exits down, for safety reasons.
Place needs to be closed down.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Knights Inn Jacksonville North, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear YQUIN - Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the bathroom maintenance issues you experienced. These issues are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I know I am not getting my money back but I don't care. I'm packing and leaving. I got a "good room above the pool" as it was put. Screaming kids at the pool, as to be expected. I called to see when the pool closes and they said it doesn't. Open all night. I just took $38 and lit it on fire. Nasty room. I was stupid to think it would be ok for a night. Lots of people here, though, so I doubt my report nor the others will put them out of business and they will continue to be nasty. Proof bathroom floor not cleaned since 20th century: a screw lying under the sink with a rust ring around it.

• Stayed May 2013
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We have stayed in a number of Motel 6's. We travel with our dog and appreciate their pet-friendly policy. Must say tho that this one is near the bottom of list. Staff helpful, but environment extremely seedy. People hanging around, yelling, etc. Internet was terrible. Took forever to get a connection and very slow. The room had a phone of course....but no phone cord. The building and room were rundown. Avoid if possible. The Jacksonville Motel 6 on Dix Ellis is much better.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Pensacola, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

This place was the worst i have been in there was no mini fridge to keep your drinks cool,no microwave to heat up the food no coffee pot no phone book nor bible ,the bed mattress were worn out people on the outside slamming doors too noisy could not rest all in all not a good place to stay

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Knights Inn Jacksonville North? Share your experiences!