“Just Ok..horrible bathroom door” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #24 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Hartsville, South Carolina, United States
“Just Ok..horrible bathroom door”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Clean room. Our room had a modern sliding door to the bathroom. Didn't really lock well and there was an inch gap that you could see into the bathroom through. No privacy.... Empty parking lot. Easy to get in and out. Pool was very basic. No hot tub. There are much nicer hotels for the price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
SamFourPointsGM, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Baymeadows, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Thomasja37,

The bathroom doors are designed with architectural elements which add dynamic to the room. In order to function properly there is a small gap, less then an inch to allow the doors to function, while maintaining ever bit of privacy. The only thing you can “see” is the light peeking through the side of the door, much like at ones home. We are sorry if you felt uncomfortable. We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Great location and area. Was clean, set up great. Wonderful staff. Pool was ok - nothing to be crazy about. Walls were thin but it's a hotel so I don't expect it to be super quiet. Parking lot was good.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Palmbch2002,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate the feed back! We are sorry that the pool did not meet your expectations. Our gated lap pool is located behind the building with surrounding landscaping to create an element of added privacy and in the perfect spot to enjoy the Florida sun rays.

Our property is located only a half mile from I95, making it very convenient for travel and business. Thank you for acknowledging our staff, from front desk and housekeeping. Our staff tries to ensure you have the most comfortable, uncomplicated stay possible!
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I frequently travel to Jacksonville for business and find that the Four Points Baymeadows property delivers on what I look for: A rapid check in process; friendly staff; comfortable rooms; and a predominantly business clientele during the week. The last item is particularly important, as I frequently find that, at other Jacksonville properties (including some that are SPG), the day sometimes never "ends" for some guests (who clearly aren't business travelers) and I end up getting a poor night's sleep as a result of televisions blaring in the next room until 3 a.m.

Worth trying out.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
SamFourPointsGM, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Baymeadows, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear OverAtlantic,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. We take pride in our staff, as you know, they do deliver quality service! As a traveler for business we hope you also enjoy taking full advantage of the complimentary wifi and the business center.
We are glad you enjoy our Four Comfort Posturepedic beds! They are designed with you in mind! To ensure you have a good nights rest after a long day at the office. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Best wishes!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Overall I would put this hotel on the lower end of the Starwood chain, but still a great value and the staff was GREAT and very friendly. Here's the Pros/Cons of this place:

PROS:

-Good location, good value, great staff.
-Fast internet, clean.

Would stay again.

CONS:

-Walls really are thin like other people say. Luckily I was on the SPG guest floor so it was pretty quiet, but you could easily see how rowdy neighbors or people clanking luggage around could ruin your sleep. You basically hear everything that's going on in the hallway. I recommend running the AC nonstop for the whitenoise.

-Also they don't have lightproof curtains? That's such an easy/low cost thing they should add so you don't have sunlight shining in at 6am.

Again these flaws are not necessarily a deal breaker and for the price I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
SamFourPointsGM, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Baymeadows, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Kyle E,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience. Our window shades are in fact light proof; there is a pull down blind that is controlled by a chain to the right hand side of the window. The curtains are there for added privacy, while still allowing a little bit of natural sunlight into the room. This is designed to give our guests the option to control the lighting in their own room.
With people traveling through Jacksonville, there are many late checkins in the evening. Thus causing some of the traffic through the hallways at night. We are sorry if this caused any disruption during your stay. If there is ever an issue of “rowdiness” during your visit; Please know you can contact our front desk at anytime. We are more than happy to help control the noise.
Our staff and I look forward to your next visit. Take care.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The hotel is very nice and clean, the staff is friendly, whoever the walls are paper thin. During my stay kids were running up and down the hall with their parents screaming and yelling at 12:30 in the morning. It was hard to get any sleep all night long.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SamFourPointsGM, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Baymeadows, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear Carolina S,

We had spoken on Monday in regards to your experience over the weekend. I would just like to again apologize for the noise issues during your stay. When you contacted our front desk in regards to the disturbance, she did respond promptly, trying to resolve the issue. We are glad that you found our staff to be friendly and we hope that you consider giving our property a second chance in your future travels.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed at this hotel for just 1 night. I must say everything was clean, very nice decor, beds and amenities. The only con here is the breakfast lady (blonde). We went down to have breakfast and even after we discover that was not free we decided to pay ($7 each for just an omelette), but we didn't because the lady had bad attitude I guess she though that she was doing a favor to us, bah. They need to replace her she's rude to work with customers.

Room Tip: Don't pay their breakfast down the street you have McDonald's $10 breakfast for 2
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
SamFourPointsGM, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Baymeadows, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Da_Gre13,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. A comfortable stay is what we strive for.
Id like to apologize for the experience you had with the waitress. I’m sure she meant no disrespect. There may have been a bit of a language barrier in which communication may have seemed crude. I assure you she is a very amicable employee.

If you order the breakfast buffet you get the hot breakfast for only $8.00! This includes Belgian waffles, oatmeal, bacon, sausage, home-style potatoes, biscuits and gravy, fruits, yogurt, 4 breakfast breads, and eggs cooked any style you would like.

We hope for the future you take full advantage of our delicious buffet.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My fiancé recently started orientation at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville and it's been a bit of a whirlwind. I've been hoping something would just be easy for her with all of the technical and medical stuff she has to deal with all day. Thank GOD for the staff here at the FOUR POINTS hotel. I've never personally signed on to trip advisor but people like Becky and Wade make me want to. Since I walked in the door they have relieved so much of my stress just by being incredibly thoughtful, caring and attentive. Becky who greeted me at the entrance was smart, polite and had an incredibly warm and friendly smile. Wade is THE MAN if you've had a rough day, he was manning the hotel bar that night an was right on point and cool as hell. My fiance and I will be here for days so I'm psyched to have such a smart and fun staff. WADE + BECKY 10 out of 10 0 If you have to choose a hotel, I hope you'll consider my humble review and stay here. There is NO WAY you could regret the staff. And guess what? The room was FLAWLESS. THe bathroom a STARK White, Crisp, Clean, Perfect dream. The beds? Folded to perfection. The furniture? Clean, stylish, well taken care of. My first thought when I first walked in. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH (refreshing and clean and DAMN STYLISH!!!! They have the coolest windows in the bathroom door. Picture a submarine door, there is a circular piece of glass like that with a nice big metal handle. It's not a submarine door but for a second you have to smile. Of course the flat screen was standard and well, we're both really happy with the place!!!

Room Tip: There is no spa and I have not yet had the breakfast!! I just didn't know how to not rate them b...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
SamFourPointsGM, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Baymeadows, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Jeff L ,
Thank you so much for your kind words. We truly appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience. I’m sure Becky and Wade will be very happy to hear how they were able to turn you day around. I hope you enjoyed the remainder of your stay! Our room décor is designed to make you feel right at home, with a modern twist of course. Next visit we recommend you try our breakfast, its buffett style. Our chef will cook you eggs any way you like! We look forward to seeing you and your fiancé again in the future. Perhaps for a honeymoon stay?
We wish you both the very best!

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Baymeadows? Share your experiences!