“Perfect property, poor insulation” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #27 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
“Perfect property, poor insulation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I just knew I hit the jackpot at this property with its clean, modern feel and open layout. I bring meetings to the area often so I was thrilled with the convenience right off of I-95 with plenty of restaurant options nearby. My problem came when I slept 0.5 hours due to the stomping, walking, door slamming and bustling way into the wee hours of the night. The staff was accommodating by coming up to listen but it wasn't like a party was going on, just heavy-footed night owls, I guess. Paper thin walls & flooring is a sure fire way to ruin an entire trip due to lack of sleep. If you sleep like a log, this is a perfect location. Otherwise, for the feather-light slumberers, you may need to check in on a day when the hotel is empty.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
SamFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Baymeadows, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Butterfly J,
I'm sorry to hear that you didn't sleep well. It can be frustrating to hear others pacing around above you or slamming doors. The ceilings, floors and walls do have sound boards installed to mute typical disturbances. There is little more we can do to provide additional sound buffering after construction has been completed. We are pricing out sleep sachets to go in our rooms to help somewhat. They would contain ear plugs, a sleep mask and aromatherapy items.
Next time you are a guest with us, please request a 4th floor room, so no one is above you and by then, we should have a little welcome bag on your nightstand as well.
Take Care,

172 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Hilton Head, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Recently stayed here overnight when I took my children to the zoo. The hotel is very pretty and the staff very friendly. I only wish there were tubs in the bathrooms to accomadate kids but we made it work. The breakfast buffet was very reasonable but the food wasn't that great. Overall we had a good experience and I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: There was a loud noise coming from the room above all night long, it had me up from 5am on so defini...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Demetra Y,
I am very sorry to hear that you did not get a room with a tub. Our double queen rooms come with the tub shower and our King rooms come with the standup showers. We planned the build of the property to coordinate with possible family travelers in our QQ rooms and our single business travelers in the K rooms. On your return, please try out the QQ room (and tub) ;)
Glen Gardner, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed one night (1/6/13) on our return from Jupiter,FL. The hotel looks new and is easily accessible from I-95. Our room was the among the cleanest I've ever seen - congrats to housekeeping. It also had about the best layout I've ever seen. Everything was convenient and in just the right place to make our stay very comfortable. All of this is matched by a very friendly and helpful staff. This hotel is also a short drive from Towne Centre, a terrific shopping and dining area where you can park and walk around for hrs. If you are looking to stay or stop in Jacksonville, this is the place!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ohbie1,
You got the description of our hotel spot on! Clean and simple designs leave you feeling refreshed and clutter free.
Positively clean rooms and outstanding staff are what we are known for. We are pleased your enjoyed the room layout and location of our property. I hope we see you again soon!
New York City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed for a 2-night stopover on the way farther south. This is a serviceable lodging, a short enough drive from I95 for convenience and far enough to get away from the road noise. The hotel, about 4-years old seems spanking brand new and is so clean, And that's where I quibble…

The architect and interior designer seem to have lost their way. Hotels of this type are not known for having warm interiors, but the interior of this facility uses such hard materials throughout that it made me feel like being in a hospital. The lobby had copious amounts of stainless steel and faux wood paneling. The ultra-brightly lit elevators – also stainless steal and faux wood -- are at least 20 degrees cooler than the hallways and lobby. Passengers are subject to a loud buzz for each passing floor and must breathe the strong scent of a stick-on air freshener, strong enough to fight odors in a 400 square-foot room. Thankfully there are only 4 floors. Why an air freshener in an elevator ?

The elevator doors open into an unmarked narrow off-shoot of the main hallway, leaving the impression that you may have arrived in a basement storage room. The hallway rugs, are obviously new and clean, but feel paper thin. The room entryway greets you with more faux wood flooring. The bathroom is white on white on white. Not a splotch of color. And the tiniest towel hooks are as far from the shower as possible. A stall shower with a swinging instead of sliding door guarantees floor flooding. The bathroom door itself, with a nautical porthole, is a behemoth on massive sliding hinges. The hardware looks downright prison-like.

The rooms are at least 2-feet too narrow. A giant 8-foot high credenza serves as TV stand, clothing armoire and slide-out desktop. Unfortunately, the closet is not deep and the side facing hangers are awkward. With the desktop opened, the chair jams up against the bed. The closet door opens practically against the bed. One forlorn abstract picture sits in a dark corner.

I selected Starwood because of its reputation and my experience with their comfortable beds. Unfortunately, this one was hard, like the rest of the hotel. The mattress gives about 2-inches then promptly runs into a solid base. I always get a queezy feeling when waking up in the morning and finding that the fitted bottom sheet came loose leaving you laying on the actual mattress. Try not to imagine who else slept here. A king bed needs king sheets.

On the positive, the staff is very pleasant and helpful and the cooked breakfast was reasonably tasty. Fixtures throughout were high quality. And the hotel is set far back from the road making every room rather quiet.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Doocue,
I must have to admit, I am somewhat confused by your review. Our hotel is so well maintained and clean after four years of operation that it is a point of dissatisfaction?
Our design does not follow a hospital, but rather, a contemporary and modern design with simple lines and a color pallet that proves our cleanliness.
Cleanliness and a warm staff are two of the most appreciated items when it comes to our average business traveler. As your review states, our rooms are built for cleanliness, and space efficiency. Our bathroom doors slide, leaving extra room in the entry way. Our desk rolls under the TV nook, our closets use a uniquely designed hanging direction to make every inch count. Waste not, want not.
You describe our fixtures as high quality, yet prison-like. We appreciate your input and review; however, I think contemporary style just may not be your "cup of tea".
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

easy on and off I-95, restaurants close, clean, updated rooms, great for travelers and a great location centrally located for shopping, light dining. We will stay here again whenever we are in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Rickmhk,
It's so great to read that you have chosen the Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Baymeadows as your home away from home while in town. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!
With Regards,
Salt Lake City, UT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

A group of us went to Jacksonville to visit a mutual friend and go to see the Jets play the Jaguars. This was the hotel our host recommended and it was a good choice. Clean, comfortable room for under $80/night with taxes. Will stay here next time I'm in town to visit this friend.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
SamFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Baymeadows, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear PRButterfield,
Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear that you will be returning to our hotel in the near furture. We hope to see you soon!
Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I had the opportunity of staying at the Four Points Jacksonville while working for the past week in the Jacksonville, Florida metropolitan area. Without a doubt I would stay there again on personal and business. The staff is very welcoming and pleasant. They are the kind of people you can just come downstairs and chat with if they are not busy with other guests. They will give you recommendations of things to do and places to eat. Housekeeping does a great job, somewhat like ghosts in the night, I would leave in the morning and get back in the afternoon and my room was clean with fresh towels every time. The rooms are clean and nice and roomy.. I stayed in a room with 2 queens so i got to switch beds every night. The breakfast is very nice, I only had it once but it was really good and their bar area for happy hour is really a nice touch. I would not hesitate to recommend them for anyone staying in the Jacksonville region.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
SamFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Baymeadows, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Carlos B,
Thank your for choosing the Four Points Jacksonville Baymeadows for your week long visit in Jacksonville. We pride ourselves on our staff of friendly and helpful people. I'm pleased that we made your stay so pleasant, We'll see you again soon!

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Baymeadows? Share your experiences!