“just what you need” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
Chatham, New Jersey
“just what you need”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

jacksonville is a huge city, so after driving long distances and when returning to your room, you dont want a hassle... as with so many similar hotels across the country that look alike and offer the same type of space, this room was generically comfortable and clean... bathroom was sparkling and the bed was more than comfy..

what made my experience great was the front desk staff...young guys and gals who were friendly, warm and helpful.

it doesnt really take much to make a travel experience stand out.. so its all about service.... and the sheraton stands out.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
SamFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Baymeadows, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear mench44,
Thank you for your review. I wholeheartedly agree with you. All hotels offer a bed, TV, cable etc... what makes one hotel stand out from the crowd is the people who greet you, make your bed, cook your eggs and serve your drinks. If the staff doesn't love the place they work at and they don't take a personal commitment towards the guests' comfort, then the whole operation falls apart at the seams.
Our proudest compliments are the ones that point out how great our people are. Yes, our beds are soft and our hotel is new, but the people who take pride in what they do are the ones who are make our mark.
Please come back and see us again soon!

172 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was the first time that we've stayed here and I must say that we would come back. It was very clean and comfortable! staff was friendly, and everything seemed new. However if you find breakfast to be critical when you stay at a hotel... be warmed! as breakfast is NOT included. There is no microwave in the room either. BUT, there is a denny's close by as well as many other places to eat. In other words the hotel was very good! good location and atmosphere.

Room Tip: Breakfast is not included, you must pay extra for it. $6-8 per person. Pool is small. Rooms are V...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear jessicamaricela,
Thank you for your warm review of our hotel and staff. True, breakfast is not included in all room rates.
We offer package rates which include our all you can eat Hot American Buffet with cooked to order eggs, but also offer lower rates that do not include breakfast in order to be price conscious toward everyone's budget.
We look forward to seeing your return to the Four Points Jacksonville in the future!
Bergen County NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed here the second week of August 2012 for 2 nights. I arrived around 2 AM after a long delayed flight from Newark airport. The night receptionist was fast, pleasant, and efficient and understood that I was tired and needed to get to my bed fast. He assigned me to a nice room with a king size bed. The room was clean, with all the basic amenities. The air conditioning worked fine, the bathroom was clean, and there were no dirty linen on the bed. I received my wake up call on time. There are no scenery here as it is on a major road. But it is accessible to nearby shopping centers and box restaurants. The breakfast was OK and nothing special; coffee was bad - real bad. The second day, I skipped breakfast, even though it was free.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
SamFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Baymeadows, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear PersianOldMan,
Thank you for your review. It's always great to hear that our staff give amazing service no matter the time of day. At 2am, I am sure that any disruption would have marked your stay, and it sounds like our rooms and front desk staff were spot on for a wonderful stay.
As far as the coffee in our lobby goes, I am not sure why it was not to your liking. I will have to discuss this with our breakfast staff. We use Rainforest Alliance Coffee from Royal Cup, which is a great product. Perhaps, refreshment of the carafes needs to rotated more frequently. It will definitely be looked into and your review will be taken to heart. Please see us again some time soon!
Newnan, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I stayed here recently with a large group for a soccer tournament. The staff was very helpful. Even prior to arriving, Amanda was awesome to deal with. Like a breath of fresh air. You could feel her smile over the phone. She was just as pleasant in person. The other front desk staff were just as helpful and accomodating.

My problem was with the room itself. The bathroom had a sliding door that left a huge gap that you could see through when it was closed. From the bedroom, you could see straight through to the toilet. Since my daughter brought along a friend, this was uncomfortable. We had to announce to the others each time we were going to use the toilet to assure privacy.

The room was noisy. I had to get up the first night to be sure the door to the hallway was closed. It sure sounded like it was open but it was not. We had to get up very early on the second day. There was a party going on off the lobby very late into the night. Even though we were on the third floor, the constant thumping of the music kept us from getting a good nights sleep. If you can't get a good nights sleep, what good is a hotel?

The breakfast was very good. The eggs were cooked fresh. The bacon was perfect. Great coffee and plenty of fruit and cereal, bagels and pastries. I decided to sit at the table closest to the TV in the dining area while I ate since there was something interesting showing. While it should have been obvious that I was watching, since I was five feet away and facing the TV, the cashier woman moved between me and the TV and changed the channel. Really? How rude!

At check out, there were no baggage carts available for 45 minutes. Yes I know it was check out time for everybody, and people tend to hoard the carts to avoid the dilemna I was in, but I was told the hotel had only three carts. Maybe they need to invest in a few more?

The facilities were immaculate. The room was very clean. Public areas were kept sparkling. When I requested extra towels, they showed up faster than I have seen anywhere. Visually, the hotel is a gem.

Room Tip: I suppose a higher floor will help eliminate noise from the lobby areas. Request a room away from th...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Joeingusa,
Thank you for your review. I hope the youth soccer tournament in Jacksonville, FL ended with a victory for your team! Yes, Amanda is a powerhouse of friendly and let me say... it never wears off. I never see her in anything but a great mood! The weekend in which you stayed with us, our hotel was sold out, so yes, it may have been a little crowded. We are an 80 room property and three luggage carts is usually overkill for just 80 rooms and three floors of rooms! There, however, is no way to police how they are used. Had we had 5 on the morning of your checkout, I'm sure it would not remedy this problem. We do have signs on the carts asking the user to be considerate.
As far as the noise, we do have a ballroom. This ballroom seats up to 100 people and may be rented for wedding receptions, reunion dinners, birthday events and more. At 10pm we do have a rule on volume of music used. Two hours later, the party must end. I know this may still be considered late for some weekend events, but we try to accommodate everyone with reasonable guidelines. I am very sorry that you were disturbed. We are looking into adding a weekend security guard to help curb some of our louder patrons.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Good bed, good space, good people, good food at an extremely fair price. This is my fourth visit to this same hotel. Each time I've been highly pleased with the spacious room with its contemporary, almost chic European room decor, with the graciousness of the staff and with the excellent and very reasonably priced breakfast, cooked to order. Prefer it to most others I've stayed at anywhere in this price range.

• Stayed August 2012
SamFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Baymeadows, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Bowlover,
Thank you for becoming a frequent guest of ours at the Four Points Jacksonville. It looks like we are "on the mark" for everything you find important while traveling. We appreciate and look forward to your return!
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We had a nice stay at the hotel. It was nice and well located. Rooms were big although not new at all. Actually the rooms were a bit old. The guy at the bar was very kind and he even let me sample the local beers he had foe sale. And it was inexpensive!
We may go back there if we return to Jacksonville.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear AlejandroJamie,
Thank you for planning on a return trip to the Four Points on your way back through Jacksonville.
Our hotel was a new-build property about 3 years ago and is still considered new. I'm surprised you did not get that impression from the property. Most of the comments we receive remark on the clean and refreshing feeling of our rooms and common areas.
I hope to see you again soon!
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I LOVED my stay here! From the moment I walked in the door it was great! Ryan was super friendly and made me feel so welcome and like I was the only one staying there. I was inlove with my room!!! The look was great, and very clean and spot on to the pictures on the website!!
Lets start in the doorway, it had woodlike flooring right inside the door with a great little table and across from the bathroom, I was digging the sliding door on the bathroom, becasue it didnt take up any room in either the bathroom or bedroom. The bathroom was spotless and sleek, Loved loved loved the look of it, there were no little tiny shampoos to mess with in the shower either, totally loved the wall mounted shampoo, conditioner and shower gel dispensors on the wall. * makes me think of how much less waste that creates!!!* It makes things much much easier. The shower is HUGE!!!!!!!! My only concern is perharps to go a safety sweep of the showers and either put new anti slip strips or add a few more, casue I almost ate it once, but the bar in the shower saved me!

I had NO problem drowing out the outside noice, for i left the fan on the AC to ON all night. Slept like a rock. The bed is so comfy, the only thing missing and this is just me becasue I have one on my bed, would be thesuper sunggly down or down alternatiave duvet! Now, I love to sleep in 100% darkess, and I was glad for the blackout draps, the only change I would make is for them to be on the outside of the window so it really and truly does full blackout.

Now i really had to nit pick to find anything I would change about the place. I felt so safe in that I was traveling alone, but I didnt have a care in the world here.

I will only stay at a Sheraton hotel from now on!!! You guys rock!!!!!

Catrina A.

Room Tip: even with the hotel at like 70% * as i overheard the desk say* I didnt have an issue with noise, cas...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
SamFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Baymeadows, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Catrina A,
Thank you for your very thorough review! I made sure to send a copy to Ryan, who will be pleased you mentioned him!
We are happy to hear that you slept like a rock all night long in your room! You are totally correct, that with a nearly full hotel sometimes light sleepers may hear other guest disturbances, but your idea to create a sort of cocoon of tranquility in your room was great!
Come back and see us again really soon!

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Baymeadows? Share your experiences!