“Loved the fact that we could bring our dog!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #66 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Fairfax, Va
“Loved the fact that we could bring our dog!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We recently stayed at the Aloft for an overnight stay on our way down to the Keys. We loved the fact that we could bring our dog into the room with us. The hotel was very modern and different (in a good way) from any other hotel we have stayed in. The front desk clerk was very welcoming and didn't flinch when I told him that we had a dog with us. To clarify, dogs under 40 lbs are allowed at the Aloft, but I wasn't sure if they really enjoyed having dogs brought into the hotel! The room was very modern and my teenage kids really liked it, although the glass shower door (which other reviewers have mentioned) doesn't close completely which meant water went onto the floor when you're showering and there is a panel of white translucent glass between the shower and the room, so those in the room can see your outline while you're showering. I should clarify that the translucent glass from the shower is not in the center of the room, and more in the corner of the room. I asked for extra pillows as there were only two pillows on each bed-one for each person. I was told they didn't have any extra pillows and there were no extras in the room. I ended up sleeping with my jacket balled up under the one pillow. We got a great AAA rate for the night which included breakfast. The hotel does not have a restaurant. We were given vouchers to use in their "grab 'n go" food area. They did have hot breakfast sandwiches that were made to order, along with some healthier choices and baked goods. We all agreed that the food they offered was much better than the standard free continental breakfast you receive at many hotels. We would definitely stay here again if traveling through the Jacksonville area!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Hi pilatesgirl,

Thank you for you recent stay, and for sharing your feedback with us! We're thrilled that your family (including your dog!) enjoyed your time here and that our staff made you feel welcome. Also, thanks for the feedback on the areas that we can improve - we take these comments seriously and appreciate you bringing these items to our attention.

Thanks again, and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Jacksonville!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Lexington Park, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I've heard this hotel is fairly new, I don't believe it. The walls in the room are dented and smudged, there were holes in my duvet and the room just seemed "lived in." The shower had soap pumps instead of normal mini bottles and they didn't work. I called the front desk and the person working there was unaccommodating and seemed like he had better things to do with his time then please the guest... go figure! The only thing I like about this hotel is the location and closeness to the airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Hi, have stayed at this Aloft off and on for the last couple of years. Let me first begin by saying I love these hotels and the design--a sense of space, and the use of color, tile, stainless, and concrete. Great pains were taken to make this hotel look sleek and modern; Euro/60's retro.

PLUSES:

Hotel: Very courteous staff, welcoming when you walk in the door, good transportation to/from airport, clean comfortable rooms, great amenities. Great bar with unique stainless top to the bar with changing colors (have to see it to appreciate) , billiards table, Euro style couches. Outdoor pool with an outdoor shower for refreshening, large exercise room, complimentary towels everywhere for use. 2 computers available for business use.

Room: From the modular furniture design, , Euro-style blinds, use of color (turquoise, orange , red, brown) throughout, I enjoy the "loft" feel in each and every room and unique use of outdoor light to keep everything bright. One unique feature is that there is glass on the top of shared wall with the main bedroom, where the shower area gets light from the room itself. Great big comfortable clean king bed that envelopes you, great comforter, immaculate cotton sheets Quiet despite airport. I have often come here and end up taking a "quick" afternoon nap which lasts much longer and sleep like a baby. Big screen t.v. Bottles of water are complimentary which is greatly appreciated with terrible-tasting JAX water.

I especially like the '60s feel right down to the Turquoise Westclox Moonbeam alarm clock.

Minuses: The room's walk-in showers have always had some issues with water leakage from under the shower door onto the bathroom floor requiring mop-up. This has gone on now for 3 years that I have been staying there in all of the rooms I have been in. The mini-fridge, for some reason, is on some kind of platform, but not attached, so when you open the door the fridge slides right off and onto the floor. With the modular design there isn't room for a microwave and a person has to go to the lobby to use. There is no restaurant or room service. There is a small "deli" with prewrapped items for sale in the lobby. (There are several fast food restaurants across from the hotel ; also a mall across a 4 lane road that you have to navigate, with nicer restaurants. If you don't feel energetic the fast food restaurants will suffice.) For some odd reason the pool has only 4 or so recliniing chairs, and they are black metal (in Florida, Seriously ???) There are several other chairs that are really just there for style, they are boxy and not for use for catching rays. The hotel is beginning to show a little wear and tear on hall carpets and the room carpets. Need a good cleaning or replacement. The floor in the elevators need to be restored to the original design.

All in all, again, really enjoy my stays at the Aloft-Jacksonville. The only reason I don't give this an excellent is because the hotel has all the amenities a 4 star would have, but they skipped the restaurant needs of the guests. Even an hors d'ouvres happy hour would be greatly appreciated.

Did I mention I like the '60s design ;0)

Room Tip: Facing the pool .
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Although Aloft is a very new hotel brand, this property already seemed tired. My room had several large dents in the drywall and scratches on some of the wood "cabinetry." Maybe my expectations for Aloft hotels are too high since they're mostly brand new - this one was as clean and as comfortable as any other Aloft property I've stayed at, but it lacked that "new car smell," so to speak.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Port Richey, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Finally a nice hotel with kind , caring staff. Clean rooms, comfy beds . Good deal for the price. Next time we visit jacksonville this is where we are going. No reason to look elsewhere. Thanks aloft for a great hotel ..... We will be back :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Collingwood, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This was our 2nd visit to Aloft. Our first visit last year at the same time was great. The hotel was brand new, stylish and impeccably clean. The location was close to the highway. Our second visit was not as good as the first though. We were given a room on the ground floor which was okay but once we realized that meant you needed to keep your blinds shut as the parking lot was right there we were a bit bummed by that. If the blinds came from the bottom instead of the top it might work better for their ground floor rooms. But that wasn't a big deal.

The things that we had a problem with was that we were put in a room a few doors down from a dog. Every time we (or any one else) walked down the hall the dog would bark. We could even hear it from our room. The second problem we had was that we went out to enjoy a nice swim but I had to leave and my husband shortly after me because the smoking area for the bar was right beside the pool and the smoke was wafting right into the pool area. It just made the experience completely unenjoyable.

Otherwise the staff is very friendly. The hotel was clean. The bathroom was wearing a little as there were rust stains in the shower under the metal bar. We were only provided with one pillow each, at least 2 would have been nice. The internet was complimentary and fast. Water was provided.

Room Tip: Rooms are good for couples or close family. The bathroom door is similar to a barn style, sliding do...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Montvale, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Excellent location for flier or vehicle passenger with airport access aand highway access just outside their driveway. Friendly staff, comfortable rooms at great rates. Shower fix is in order as the design has flaws...

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Aloft Jacksonville Airport? Share your experiences!