“Already Showing its Age” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$10 Breakfast Credit
Ranked #63 of 130 Hotels in Jacksonville
Chicago
“Already Showing its Age”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Although Aloft is a very new hotel brand, this property already seemed tired. My room had several large dents in the drywall and scratches on some of the wood "cabinetry." Maybe my expectations for Aloft hotels are too high since they're mostly brand new - this one was as clean and as comfortable as any other Aloft property I've stayed at, but it lacked that "new car smell," so to speak.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Port Richey, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Finally a nice hotel with kind , caring staff. Clean rooms, comfy beds . Good deal for the price. Next time we visit jacksonville this is where we are going. No reason to look elsewhere. Thanks aloft for a great hotel ..... We will be back :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Collingwood, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This was our 2nd visit to Aloft. Our first visit last year at the same time was great. The hotel was brand new, stylish and impeccably clean. The location was close to the highway. Our second visit was not as good as the first though. We were given a room on the ground floor which was okay but once we realized that meant you needed to keep your blinds shut as the parking lot was right there we were a bit bummed by that. If the blinds came from the bottom instead of the top it might work better for their ground floor rooms. But that wasn't a big deal.

The things that we had a problem with was that we were put in a room a few doors down from a dog. Every time we (or any one else) walked down the hall the dog would bark. We could even hear it from our room. The second problem we had was that we went out to enjoy a nice swim but I had to leave and my husband shortly after me because the smoking area for the bar was right beside the pool and the smoke was wafting right into the pool area. It just made the experience completely unenjoyable.

Otherwise the staff is very friendly. The hotel was clean. The bathroom was wearing a little as there were rust stains in the shower under the metal bar. We were only provided with one pillow each, at least 2 would have been nice. The internet was complimentary and fast. Water was provided.

Room Tip: Rooms are good for couples or close family. The bathroom door is similar to a barn style, sliding do...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Montvale, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Excellent location for flier or vehicle passenger with airport access aand highway access just outside their driveway. Friendly staff, comfortable rooms at great rates. Shower fix is in order as the design has flaws...

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have not stayed at this starwood prop. and it may be the only one in FLA i have not stayed at.

I have 389 stays at starwood props, and I would guess 80 percent have been in FLA since for the last 14 year that has been my region for sales with a VERY LARGE consumer electoncs supplier,,

Room is Good, down at the bar on a friday mostly US military at the bar, but the bar tender has been outside smoking a cig and chatting with some bimbo for 15 mins while I really want a cold beer,

SHe is fat, with Tats on her arm which is OK i guess,,,but is that the image that a "W" ispired hotel wants?????????????????? if so I guess I am gone,,,good luck ALOFT you will need it

Room Tip: Need a GM to be on site and see what a train wreck the bar area is on A FRIDAy nite..
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Greensboro, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

A friend recommended ALoft as "a funky but very comfortable place to stay", so when I needed a room near the Amelia Island Concours auto show, we made reservations. Upon arrival, they didn't have our reservation, but they had a room and gave it to us at the rate we reported that we had booked. The lobby is modern and "hip" with an open and airy feel, lots of colored lights, a nice bar, snack area, pool table and TV area, all very conducive to hanging out with your friends in the hotel. Despite our room being right beside the pool table area, no sound was transmitted into the room at all. The room design is different, too, and I really like it. Modern, well laid out, comfortable beds, the sink and dressing area separated by a partial wall from the sleeping area so I was able to stay asleep when my friend got up to shower and dress. Very reasonably priced and the bed was very comfortable. I'll use ALoft any time I can find one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Tarrytown, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here 2/16 - 2/20. Great location. Near the airport and across from restaurants and shopping. The decor is very modern. The lobby and bar area very cool. Nice lounge with a pool table. The bar was great. Nice selection of beer and very friendly bartenders. Flight crews like staying here. It was interesting and scary listening to them talk shop at the bar.
The room was OK. I get the concept of modern decor, but some things don't work. The bed, big flat screen TV on the wall, fridge, coffee maker, and free water were great. The sliding door to the bathroom, not a fan. If you're traveling solo, NBD. But when I'm with someone, I want the bathroom door to close. The shower door didn't close all the way and floor flooded all the time. The dispencer for shampoo and body wash, not a fan. I like a bottle of shampoo and a bar of soap. It's time for the carpets to be changed. Getting a bit worn.
One thing I didn't like. I came back to my room one afternoon to find it open. Housekeeping opened four rooms by sticking the safety latch out. I understand they want quick access to the rooms. But, housekeeping was nowhere to be found on the floor. Anyone could have come up and robbed the rooms. Not good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo