“The staff was great and accommodating..... But we had fleas in our room.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Jacksonville Airport

You added Aloft Jacksonville Airport to your Saves list
Aloft Jacksonville Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   751 Skymarks Drive, Jacksonville, FL 33218   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #66 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
“The staff was great and accommodating..... But we had fleas in our room.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Traveling at night and with kids the Aloft is great... The only problem is that we stayed in a dog room- clearly fleas from the previous guest. The sheets and all the linens had to be changed, but we waited quit a while to get the bedding. The staff felt terrible- but ask for new linens when you go. The housekeeper told us " this happens all the time!"

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Flordia Keys
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This hotel works me in many ways. It's convenient, clean, reasonable, interestingly decorated and managed by a professional staff. They also permit dogs. There is food, shopping and entertainment within easy walking distance. The local seems safe, to include parking.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I booked this hotel for a short business trip. I am in love with the SPG brand and also W hotels so I was hoping that it would be all that I anticipated. It was a great mix between your traditional W hotel and a nice 3 star hotel. I enjoyed the decor, the loft style room and "grab and go" snack area in the lobby. My experience was great...just want to let you know two things: The "grab and go" section for breakfast, lunch and snacks are a "for fee" area...so there isn't a traditional continental breakfast. Next-the HVAC unit in my room was a bit noisy but not to the effect in which would make me not want to return. The location was great...the area has a huge selection of fast food and shopping. It's easily accessible to the freeway. Additionally, the staff was extremely nice and helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IAH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I've booked this hotel based on my previous nice experience at Aloft hotels. I like Aloft hotels because they are very different than traditional hotels with their trendy design.
If you have stayed at any Aloft before then there is not much you need to know. This hotel is exactly the same as other Aloft hotels. The hotel is located behind many fast food restaurants and the hotel has a cafe inside.
The hotel has very modern lobby with cool bar, heated pool, gym and trendy design. Ample parking space in the back. Free WiFi, free bottled water, microwave, fridge and big screen HDTV in the room.
Standing bathroom with glass door. Nicely designed sink.
The room looks simple but elegant with nicely placed light fixtures. Not to mention it was very clean. The bed was very comfortable and clean.
I'm not sure everyone would appreciate this hotel design because its just too modern. It feels like you are entering a nice cool bar/club than a regular hotel but I certainly liked it. The price is also reasonable.
I would certainly stay here again if I come back to this area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I checked in and I got a "great" rate with egencia business travel but they put me on a first floor room next to the exit so heard the door opening and closing all night. They also debited my debit card for $100.00 instead of the normal $50.00 that most hotels do. My rate was less than $100.00 so why is that? I called and they said that people have "trashed" the hotel room before so we had to be "careful" and I had no choice. As a business traveler I thought that they would respect me more. Personally the rate was good, but location sucked and the bathrooms needed some work. Grout didin't match the other part of the grout, but most people wouldn't see that.
Overall a 2 star for a Jacksonville hotel

Room Tip: Higher floor a
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Was in town for work and was staying on the south end of JAX. Well, to be closer to the airport for an early morning flight, I made a last minute reservation. Upon arrival, the clerk -- dressed in ragged, un-ironed khakis and a Florida State hoodie -- had no record of my reservation. Had to stand there for about 15 minutes as he entered my information by hand with no offer of a water or anything. So once I finally got to the room, I found it to be quiet and dark. Which I wanted! The bed... which looks modern and new, is deceiving. There is no box spring, so when I "plopped" down, it felt like I sat down on the floor. The mattress offered little resistance between me and the wood planks under it. It slept okay considering the ruggedness of its foundation.

Got up at 6 and left. Nice shower head, though.

I probably should have just stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and driven an extra 40 minutes. Oh well.

• Stayed November 2012
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at the Aloft Jacksonville hotel on 10/20/2012. The lobby was attractive, price was good and check-in was simple. The room was clean, although a little worn. The bar atmosphere was nice, but they had no real food to eat during the evening I was there. Other food choices were a walk away, but not knowing the area and travelling alone, I ordered out and had food delivered from a nearby restaurant. Luggage carts were available but difficult to manage when passing through doorways - you had to be able to hold down the bar on the cart that released the brake while holding the door open and pushing the cart through. I parked in the back of the hotel and the handicap button to automatically open the door did not seem to work. There was no noise while in the room from outdoors, however, in the morning there was a lot of noise from slamming doors. Improvements I would suggest to management would be to fix the automatic door openers, add something to slow down the rooms' door closers and to make food available directly from the hotel. Overall, it was a good stay and I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Aloft Jacksonville Airport? Share your experiences!