“Best Place I've Ever Stayed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - Blount Island

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - Blount Island to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - Blount Island
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10148 New Berlin Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32226   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #12 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Bessemer
“Best Place I've Ever Stayed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

This place was absolutely wonderful! Everyone was very cordial. From the moment we walked in to the minute we left the staff went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of. The entire place was very clean, the rooms were relaxing and the beds were extremely comfortable. Unfortunately my family was only able to stay for 1 night but we would have loved to stayed longer. Very nice place!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2008

Just spent 3 nights here in anticipation of my son's wedding on Saturday. The reception was nearby on Blount Island and this was the closest location. Very nice, great breakfast buffet. There is a Wendy's within walking distance. Very friendly staff.

• Liked — Location to Blount Island & Major Highway Access
  • Disliked — Very close to Major Highway, auto noise at pool
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2006

Friday afternoon May 26th, my wife and I checked into our room. We were in town for an important Friday-Saturday conference. This event was vitally important to my career. It was critical that I be sharp for the next day, as I would be in meetings in which I would be engaged in dialogues from 9 AM to 5 PM.

The hotel's appearance was nice, looking like other Holiday Inns we've stayed in. Returning from our Friday night session, we turned in for the night, anticipating a good night's sleep.

We were on the first floor, just two rooms away from the front desk. Obviously, one would expect a reasonable amount of noise in that vicinity, should any latecomers arrive to check-in. But the amount of noise we had to deal with that night was anything but reasonable. People talked loudly and laughed extensively in the parking lot late into the night. The staff did nothing to monitor this. Later on, loud, rowdy people made their way through the lobby area during the wee hours of the morning. But worst of all, we were awakened repeatedly throughout the night by a loud, boisterous, profane group of men in the room next to us. The walls were paper thin, and you could hear actual conversations in graphic detail. I finally called the front desk at 4 AM. The desk clerk admitted that she had seen some loud guys that had come in earlier and they were probably the ones rooming next to me. Why she didn't ask them to quieten down then, I do not know. It was hard for me to believe that she couldn't hear all the noise coming from their room, just yards away from the front desk. At my request, she did call the room to get these men to be quiet. But it still took a long time for them to finally settle down. I got very little sleep that night and was extremely tired for my daylong meeting on Saturday. It was not a pleasant experience.

When we were checking out, I politely filed a complaint to the morning desk clerk and said that I didn't think I should have to pay for my room, as I got little benefit from it. She telephoned her manager, who was off for the holiday weekend. The manager said that she could not return my money in full, but she said would see if she could give me a discount off my bill. But she would not be able to do it until Tuesday, when she was back in the office. She said she would call me Tuesday. I haven't heard from her yet.

I know that hotels can't control everything that happens, but you would think that this hotel would be more sensitive to maintaining a quiet environment for its guests. I definitely would not recommend this hotel, because it is not quiet, it is not private, and it doesn't seem that maintaining that kind of atmosphere is a priority for them.

If you need to stay in this vicinity, go down the road to Hampton Inn. That's what I should have done. I'm sure you'll get a lot more sleep.

Indianapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2005

Stayed 04/29/05 - 04/30/05.

Exactly what you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express:

Breakfast;

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business
atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2005

I was in heaven in their beds! $79 a night rate- you cant beat it! Stayed here the night before my cruise. Very close to the port! A+

Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2005

Wanted to go to the Shrimp Festival at Fernandina Beach, but the hotels there were booked or they had really raised their rates for the event. Booked this through the Holiday Inn website and got a AAA rate of about $75/night. The hotel is very new, so stuff is clean and pleasant. The continental breakfast included some tasty hot cinnamon rolls. The main road by the hotel goes in one direction to the cruise terminal (very close) and in the other it turns into A1A, which is a very scenic 30-minute drive to Amelia Island and Fernandina Beach. The interchange nearby also easily takes you down to roads that go to Jacksonville Beach (about 30 minute drive to the beach), and there are many restaurants along the way. Nothing around the hotel except Wendy's and a gas station, but it's not far to other choices. Definitely need a car.

• Stayed April 2005

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - Blount Island? Share your experiences!