You added Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Southside - St. Johns Towne Center to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Southside - St. Johns Towne Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10020 Skinner Lake Drive, Jacksonville, FL 32246 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Jacksonville - Southside - St. Johns Towne Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #122 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Richlands, North Carolina
“Stay away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

This hotel was nasty. The floor had not been vacuumed. In the morning I happened to see something kinda under the bed and I looked and their were about 60 rose petals under there. The bathroom vanity was falling apart. I complained about the room and they said that they had quite a few complaints and that the girls were in a hurry.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Southside - St. Johns Towne Center, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Gayle - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry for the level of cleanliness in your room. I am going to ensure that I schedule extra housekeeping staff as needed to ensure that all rooms are cleaned properly and get checked by management so that this type of issue is not repeated.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at jtb @extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Montara, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

The room was small and cramped and had a slight musty smell. One morning I was without any running water for more than 12 hours because of an error on-site staff made. When the internet worked it was slow (despite paying extra for a high-speed connection), but mostly it just didn't work, requiring multiple calls to tech support. Then it went out completely and after 36 hours they still hadn't been able to fix it, so I cut my stay short and moved to a different location in Jacksonville so I could manage to get my work done.

Room Tip: Don't bother if you are looking for staff that will be responsive to a traveling businessperson...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Pompano Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We reserved a double non-smoking room, but it overwhelmingly smelled of smoke! The smell of smoke could not be eliminated even after spraying fabreeze on the furniture, carpet & drapes! There were even cigarette burns in the comforter on one of the the beds! The customer service staff was very professional & courteous and moved us to 2 separate rooms. However, the cabinets in the kitchenettes were worn & the calking around the tub in the bathrooms was black. The refrigerator & microwave in one unit were very old and neither unit had a full set of kitchen dishes & utensils! Also the phone in one unit did not work! Also there were ants in one unit so much that I was afraid to have open food on the counter & worried that ants may have gotten into luggage or pocketbooks!

Room Tip: When and if they renovate/improve the rooms, this will be an excellent economical place to stay, sho...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Southside - St. Johns Towne Center, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am very sorry that your non-smoking room had a smoke odor and the rooms we offered to move you to were unclean or did not meet your expectations. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that I have brought your comments to our entire team and they are working to enhance our offerings. As well, we are providing a deep clean to rooms as needed to ensure they are ready for guests to check-in to moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at jtb@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

My wife and I recently spent 12 nights at the Extended Stay America Hotel in Jacksonville (near the St. John's Town Centre). We were visiting a friend at UNF and wanted to somewhere comfortable to stay over the Xmas break. The staff were extremely helpful and the accommodations were suitably comfortable given the price we paid. The accommodations were in safe grounds in walking distance to St. John's Town Centre. If you like shopping you'll love St. John's as there's simply nothing you can't buy there. There are ample restaurants which making eating out a breeze. The hotel is just off i202, with access to down-town Jacksonville and South Beach within a 10-minute drive. Definitely somewhere we would recommend for a short stay.

Room Tip: Select a room with separate sleeping facilities from where you plan to cook.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you and your Wife were pleased with our staff's great customer service, your comfortable room, and our hotel's location. We hope you enjoyed visiting your friend at UNF!

Sebastian, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I was shocked to see the bathtub. Mold on the shower curtain, black grout, and some sort of jello-like substance on the tub bottom. Air-conditioner on its last days. Faint smell of smoke everywhere. I did complain at the front desk and got a full refund but I would have preferred to pay double somewhere else and not have this memory of having stayed here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Nicole provided great customer service, and a repair request, during a previous visit,was completed right away! The rooms are spacious and well kept. The location is superb! I enjoyed my stay, and the complimentary popcorn!

• Stayed December 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Southside - St. Johns Towne Center, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such an outstanding review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our service, location and complimentary popcorn.

Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

There were no non-smoking rooms available so we had to take a smoking room. There were cigarette ashes on the bathroom floor. The room just was not clean in general.

Now for the worst part. There was noise next to us ALL night long. Doors slamming, people talking, yelling and car doors slamming. I finally got up at 5 am because there was no point on trying to sleep any longer. I heard voices outside and decided to look to see what these people were up to. They were running a prostitution ring in the room next to us! Cars would drive up and girls would hop in only to return later. Guys were standing around outside who looked like they were the... To put it nicely... Body guards.

We went to the office to cut our stay short. I was very uncomfortable walking through these people to leave. I have never stayed at an Extended Stay that was even close to this bad.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Southside - St. Johns Towne Center, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I was disheartened to read that we overlooked the ashes on the bathroom floor and to hear that you did not rest all night due to outside disturbances. Please accept our apologies. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is available 24-7. We are only a phone call away. The safety of our guests is top priority and my night staff will patrol the property to ensure an experience like yours is not repeated.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at jtb@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Southside - St. Johns Towne Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Southside - St. Johns Towne Center

Address: 10020 Skinner Lake Drive, Jacksonville, FL 32246 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Jacksonville - Southside - St. Johns Towne Center)
Location: United States > Florida > Jacksonville
Ranked #122 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Southside - St. Johns Towne Center 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Southside - St. Johns Towne Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Suites Jacksonville - Southside - St. Johns Towne Hotel

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Southside - St. Johns Towne Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.