“Exquisite” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Orsay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 1,812 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Edgewood or Dancy
Transit: Public Transit Stop Located At Park & Ingleside.
St. Augustine
“Exquisite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is one of our top five restaurants in Jacksonville. From casual fresh oysters to roast duck they have it all and a great selection of wine, craft beer and beverages to go with it. Outstanding farm to table dining.

Visited February 2013

Jacksonville, Florida
“One of the local best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Orsay has excellent food and excellent service. It is high class bistro food, in a pleasant (albeit a tad noisy) environment, with an excellent wine list too. The food is fresh, innovative, and seasonal. The waiters know the menu and can explain how dishes are prepared and all the ingredients. It is a very nice place to go for either a special occasion or regular meal, and considering the food, it is not overly expensive. Another nice thing about this restaurant is that it continues to evolve to suit the desires of the neighborhood. I do miss those Sunday night "Mom's dinners" with their specially priced wines, though. If you are anywhere near Jacksonville, you should try to dine at Orsay - you won't be disappointed!

Visited June 2012
Amelia Island, Florida
“Absolutely Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I've been wanting to make the 60 min. trip to this highly reviewed restaurant for maybe 2 1/2 years, but as we spend but half the year in the environs, scheduling with friends just didn't present itself--until last night. Four of us went, 2 couples, all with lots with considerable New York and international dining backgrounds: we're all pretty fussy. To a person, we were all very smitten with Orsay. We were warmly greeted and shown to our table in what I'd call the "back" room, which is perhaps an attempt to mimic a simple French farm house, quite rustic. Judging that it seemed a little loud, we opted instead for the bar area, where we had a nice comfortable banquette. Our server, Patrick, was the best server we've encountered in recent memory: knew his stuff cold and gave us very good and confident advice, which we really appreciated. Dishes devoured-and loved by the four of us were: Soup du Jour, a Gazpacho that was pureed but sublime, Apalachicola oysters on the half shell, amazingly fresh, with a memorable dipping sauce, the Eden Farms Berkshire Pork Chop (I'm in my mid-60's and have had way too many pork chops-this was the best ever, braised, then pan-roasted to perfection; both men had this dish); and the pan-roasted fish (a red snapper), which our wives loved. Everything was so good that we readily ordered three deserts, a hard choice again, picking the Valrhona Chocolate Bouchon and two Apple Pecan Bread Puddings, both superb. We also enjoyed glasses of white wine, a single malt scotch and a bottle of Mon Couer Cotes du Rhone (2010), very reasonably priced at $35. The place is modern, informal, friendly, relaxed and the food on this night was the best we've ever had in Jacksonville, hands down.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Savannah, Georgia, United States
“one word "AWESOME"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My girlfriend and decided to take a trip to jacksonville for a mini one day vacation and went to the zoo. after that we were a bit hungry so we decided look in tripadvisor to see what places were good to eat at and this was one of the places listed. I called and made a reservation and we got there in 30 minutes. We were greeted in a friendly manner and seated near the fabric wall. The seating was a little too close to other customers but it was of no concern to me. Our waiter adam came to us and I asked what were some good cocktails to try and i drink about anything so he offered me the calibri i believe it was pronounced. it was very delicious, not being too strong from the tequila, it was pretty smooth and refreshing. and my girlfriend had a martini with pear in it. it was delicious as well. Good way to start the first time. so then we got the mussels which were absolutely mouther watering with that white wine blend. We also got the steak tartare which was recommended by another table sitting next to us. it was nice and towards the end, it had a wasabi kick to it. I loved it! my girlfriend wasnt too fond of the wasabi ending taste so i just ate it all myself =) Then we went onto our entrees, my girlfriend had the filet mignon which was cooked to perfection and the vegetables and potatoes that came along complimented the taste of the filet very well. I had the duck and it was soooooo good... I love duck and it was medium rare, I never really had it at a temperature but I let our waiter adam choose it for me since he was doing good so far with the drinks and appetizers. At the end we finished off with a pecan cake with vanilla bean ice cream on top. Oh Man... I thought i was going to be full already but it was oh so good...the texture of the cake and the ice cream together was to die for... My girlfriend absolutely loves that place and we will be going back again... many more times! I definitely recommend this place, I am not a food critic but I love to eat food =) and I will try anything once and this place deserves more than a one time visit...maybe more like going back to try something new every time until I've ate it all. Two Thumbs up!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida
“1 Great Dinner, 1 dismal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Went here 3 weeks ago and had a great dinner. So I took guests there last night and it was dismal--especially horrible service, ok (but not anything special) food. Am willing to pay their pricey prices but not for a mediocre evening

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere