“Trendy but pricey” 4 of 5 stars

3630 Park St, Jacksonville, FL 32205-8336
+1 904-381-0909
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Orsay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,738 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Edgewood or Dancy
Transit: Public Transit Stop Located At Park & Ingleside.
Chicago, IL
“Trendy but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Tucked away in the Avondale neighborhood, this restaurant was trendy with its cement floor and minimalist decor. The portions were small for the price. The raw bar items were expensive. We paid over $50 for a dozen raw oysters.

Visited February 2013

Miami Beach, Florida
“Urban Chic Meets Bistro At Its Southern Comfort Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

It's hard to stay away from the soul-warming cassoulet. And knowing that they've contrived a springtime version doesn't help much either. That's just one of the reasons to follow the seasons at Restaurant Orsay. Here locally-sourced ingredients merge classic French cuisine with contemporary southern cooking-- all served up in chic, but comforting, surrounds.

Jacksonville, FL
“World Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Having traveled the world over the past 50 years, and having been in a position before retirement of requiring lavish entertainment in restaurants in almost every state, I have found many highly rated restaurants to be over-rated, and food to be overpriced and seldom up to the standard expected of a great restaurant. My experience at Restaurant Orsay Friday, February 8, 2013, provided a definite exception. Everything was perfect, from arrival and greeting, waiting time, service, quality of meals, presentation, ambiance, and friendliness of staff and management.
I had reserved a table for 3 to celebrate my wife's birthday with her and her daughter. We had a reservation for 7:45 p.m. We had never been to this restaurant before, nor had been in this part of town. We arrived at 7:38, and began to look for a place to park. Several lots and street parking areas were already full of cars, and it was obvious that this place was enormously popular. Of course it was Friday evening, but still, what a crowd? I fully expected that the reservation time would not be honored, and we would have a long wait. After finding a place to park on the street, and walking to the door and entering the restaurant, it was 7:40 p.m. There was a huge crowd inside a nearby bar area, some eating meals, and I gave our name and the fact that we had a 7:45 p.m. reservation. We were told the table would be ready in just a couple of minutes, something I had heard many times in the past when I had to wait another half hour or more. But not here! At exactly 7:45 p.m. we were taken to a pleasant area of the restaurant, to a table for 4, with two bottles of fine wine (Ramey Cabernet 2007) already on the table, with a card (This gift had been pre-arranged by by wife's son who had apparently called the restaurant to make that gift to us for his mother's birthday). The waiter was friendly and helpful, and took the time for small talk, as he explained that they did not have "specials," as everything on the menu was special (And from our experience that certainly was the truth). I was surprised to see a small card which was an "Oyster menu," from which one could order oysters from Florida, Chincoteague, VA and from another location that I cannot remember. We had the Chincoteague oysters on the half-shell, and they were spectacular. My wife's daughter had the portobello mushroom terrine, which she found to be exquisite. For our entres, my wife her daughter had the Pan Roasted Fish (Red Snapper) with grits, creamed corn, bacon, lobster roe butter, and cress. I had the Carolina Trout with glazed haricots, verts, almonds, fingerling potatoes, and lemon brown butter vinaigrette. They were perfect! Before we could consider ordering a dessert, the waiter brought us a vanilla bean crème brulee, with a lighted candle, and 3 scoops of the house-made ice creams & sorbets, "on the house." Shortly after that, Jason, the manager stopped by to visit with us. We had a wonderful, truly perfect dining experience that exceeds almost anything any of us had experienced before.
We travel a lot, and have, in the past four years spent months at a time in Italy, Spain, France, England, Uruguay, Argentina, and Chile, in addition to numerous cities in the USA, and often find good restaurants to try out. We cannot think of one in those restaurant experiences that was better than Orsay. We loved this restaurant, and most definitely will return.

“Not up to par”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Took friends from out of town to Orsay as it is one of my favorites restaurants. Unfortunately, the menu choices that night were not great especially the appetizers. Got the pork chop which I have had several times, it was very tough and the whole plate was very salty. Disappoiinted as it is usually very good.

Moultrie, GA
“WOW, what a treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My wife and I stopped by with the intent of having a cocktail and an appetizer before a party. It was our first visit and we were not disappointed. After three cocktails and five appetizers, we finally left.

We sat at the bar and a bartender, Adam, introduced himself and Alex and said they would both help us. They were busy behind the bar but still found time to give us and thepatrons around us good service.

We started with one of their specialty drinks, the Eastbound and Down(similar to an Old Fashion) which was smooth and refreshing. After looking at the appetizer list, we ordered marinated olives, mussels, and roasted oysters. They were all excellent. Think we ordered a Pale Ale and a Stout. I believe both were from a local brewery, Intuition Ale Works. Then we ordered a cheese plate and a beef appetizer. Then we had another Pale Ale and Stout. Again, it was all good.

If not for the party, we would would stayed much longer. I look forward to a return during our next visit to Jacksonville.

We just happened to be there at Happy Hour, and I guess most of our orders were half price. It was an excellent value. As good as everything was, I am sure it would have been a good value at the regular price.

1 Thank robinsoniv