“Wonderful evening” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Orsay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 1,679 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Doing business, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Edgewood or Dancy
Transit: Public Transit Stop Located At Park & Ingleside.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We were visiting Jacksonville, FL to attend the Gator Bowl. For our first evening's dining we chose Restaurant Orsay. The food, ambiance, and service was wonderful. My husband started with the Roasted Oysters which was similar to Oysters Rockafeller. My daughter chose the Onion Soup which was covered with a wonderful melted Gruyere. I ordered the Orsay Salad with the Dijon Champagne Vinagrette. These were all delicious. For the main course our orders included the Risotto, Filet Mignion, Duck Breast and Pork Chop. Each of us thought our choice was devine, but the Pork Chop was voted the best of the best. I believe this was the best Pork Chop I have ever eaten. For a wonderful evening of dining, Restaurant Orsay is a can't miss.

West Palm Beach, Florida
“A Jacksonville hidden secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Traveling down to palm beach and made a stop for the night. Luckymfor us we found orsay about 5 miles off 295 and 10 junction. Great meal and service to match. I had the grand pâté and my wife had the roasted calamari. Both were excellent. Main course was a red snapper and a pork chop you cut with a fork. If you in the area and looking for a fine dinner , Orsay is for you.. You can't miss.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
jacksonville,fl
“Great experience all around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

After consulting TripAdvisor for an anniversary dinner, we decided on Orsay. I was a little concerned driving up (and trying to find parking), but the minute I walked in I knew we had found the right spot. By the time we were leaving, we were already trying to find an occasion to come back! Our server Danielle greeted us warmly, she was knowledgable about the menu and specials but never pushy. For the quality level and extravagance of the food, we expected to be fussed over by a team of snooty waiters with crumb combs. I loved the laid back but efficient attitude of the wait staff. And the food was delicious! For apps, we had escargot and mussels. Entrees were boullabaisse (sp?) and filet with the soup du jour potato leek with lobster and the truffled mac&cheese. Everything was excellent! The only tiny complaint was the filet wasn't as silky as my husband wanted, but we've found that to be the case with all grassfed beef. (Happy cows=grainy steaks) Next time he'll get the lamb, oh well. If you have a birthday, anniversary or any special event coming up, plan on going to Orsay!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charleston, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I went to Orsay for the first time while visiting Jacksonville, Fl. I was so surprised, and impressed by this place. The food, the ambiance, the music, the waiter, the martini's were amazing. My husband and I decided to visit this place after determining we were not going to wait another hour to go to Ruth's Chris and boy are we happy we did so. For starters, I had a jumbo shrimp cocktail and hubby had a happy hour portion of bouillabaisse. Hubby was more than pleased with his dish and I ordered seconds. I know your thinking its just shrimp cocktail but no. Something about the freshness of the shrimp and the fresh grated horseradish was irresistible. On to the main course, we both had the filet mignon. I have had filets many ways at many restaurants, but this definitely hits the top of the list. It was cooked perfectly and the taste combination was so fitting. The drinks. Hubby didn't drink but I had the French martini. I had this all weekend in other places but Orsay made it perfect. They should rename it the perfect French martini. I was going to go for desert but I behaved. It was so tempting. This restaurant is the only reason I will revisit Jacksonville. Oh last but not least the waiter I believe his name was D'jean, (hope I got it right) I'll describe him. Young black dark skinned male approximately 23 years old. Anyway made the experience that much more fantastic, recommendations, product knowledge pleasant, upbeat, awesome. In fact, the best waiter I have had in Jacksonville period. Thanks Orsay for the great time.

Jacksonville, Florida
“Nice, cozy, intimate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The ambiance itself made the night wonderful. We wet here for an anniversary dinner. We all ordered something different. As an appetizer we had escargot (a first for all of us), it was surprisingly good; I however thought the mushrooms they are cooked with tasted even better. We also tasted the special soup they had (I think it was carrot and ginger or something). It tasted like masala, that is definitely a good thing. The pan seared fish with roasted cauliflower puree and creamed corn was awesome!!! My husband had the berkshire pork chop, our friends had the mapleleaf farm duck breast and braised hanger steak. All of the above mentioned were divine. My hubby said that was one of the best porkchops he'd ever had. The food is definitely worth the price. It took our food a while to come out and our server took a while to bring the check but when he did finally come he brought us some shots (something jealousy) on the house. We wil definitely be going back.