“Classy! But not great for vegetarians” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Orsay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 1,808 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Edgewood or Dancy
Transit: Public Transit Stop Located At Park & Ingleside.
Jacksonville, Florida
“Classy! But not great for vegetarians”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Not much in the way of food that's not prepared with cheese or duck fat, but lovely experience. Even as a vegan I would go back!

“Fab Happy Hour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We went to Orsay with friends on a Friday Happy Hour. Great oysters & cocktails... The mac n cheese was really yummy too!

Visited August 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
“Best high-end restaurant in Jacksonville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

If you appreciate fine french cuisine, Orsay will not disappoint you. Tremendous appetizers like sautéed foie gras, steak tartare, extensive cheeses and pates are just the start. The wine list is excellent and the service is fabulous. The one thing missing from the menu is the soufflé, but because Orsay is also missing the cliche stuffy atmosphere, I forgive them completely.

Visited August 2012
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Borderline 4 stars... but why the tiny portions?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I realize that in terms of fine dining, you typically should expect to pay a lot and get an excellent dining experience. At Orsay, we did get a fine dining experience and we paid for it. :) My friend and I ordered a sampling of two cheeses to start, with some duck proscuitto. I was excited to try the interesting duck proscuitto. Our waiter came back and said they were out. So the only other meat option was the wagyu beef... so we tried it. Great flavor and the cheeses (albeit tiny portions) were really nice. For our meals, I ordered the pan seared fish special (grouper) and my friend ordered the duck breast. Both were fantastically seasoned and cooked to perfection. My grouper could have been twice the size of what it was for the cost ($29)... I thought it was rather small. Definitely recommend the French Pear Martini (if you like vodka and elderflower liquor - this is a dream). Since we were still hungry after an appetizer and a meal, we looked at the dessert menu and decided on the bread pudding. Our waiter said, "One for each of you then?" and we laughed and said no, we'll split. We should have probably gotten two. When it came out, my friend said, "Oh, a petite serving of bread pudding??" It was good, very sweet but tasty. We ran out of ice cream before we even got to finish the dessert itself though.

So in summary, food was tasty, but I'm not sure you get a great value for what you pay here. A bit on the pretentious side, Orsay would be good for a special occasion but be prepared that it'll cost you. For two people, with an appetizer, meal, dessert and 2 drinks, you're looking at ~$150 or so.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“I love orsay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

I regularly visit orsay when looking for an intimate gastronomic experience. Nothing else in jacksonville comes close.