“Used to be a clean, well kept hotel” 2 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #72 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Florida
“Used to be a clean, well kept hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We have a grandson in Jacksonville so we have stayed at this hotel several times. I don't know if it is under new management, but the cleanliness of the place has definitely gone down. The previous times we have stayed there it was very clean inside our room as well as the rest of the hotel. This last time the carpet in our room had obviously not been vaccumed, the desk area was dusty and the floor in the bathroom was so sticky that we had to wear shoes to go in there. Have no idea what was on the floor. Didn't want to think about it! We were very surprised to see trash all around the grounds outside also. I agree with AficionadoPossible's review. The hotel needs new management.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
RSmithSJH, General Manager at Sheraton Jacksonville, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Hello FloridaWineaux,

I am writing to thank you for taking the time to write your comments and opinioons of your most recent stay with our hotel. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences these caused.

I will not make excuses. I have been the manager here from the day we broke ground and built this hotel. I take your comments very serious and personal about the perception we have given you about any such change. I take personal responsibility for any area where we did not meet your expectation and I promise I take every comment serious. I understand traveling is tough enough without these opportunities.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to be of better service to you in the future and if during a future stay we let you down in anyway please contact me directly while you are at the hotel and I will address it personally.

Ray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Westchester Cty., NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have stayed here twice and mean the title as a compliment. This hotel seems to do brisk business. But the staff is pleasant and efficient, the rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable and there is a decent desk/workspace. And the hotel is a two minute drive from the best shopping and dining area in Northeast Florida.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
RSmithSJH, General Manager at Sheraton Jacksonville, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Hello JaemsStock,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us and others about your recent stay. My team and I not only appreciate your kind comments about our team and hotel but for the fact you trust in us for your return business.

We are looking forward to being of service again in the future,

Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Not sure as to why all the 5.0 ratings. I am staying at the hotel right now as I write this comment. I did not get this hotel thru Expedia, but through Priceline. This hotel is filthy! When we checked in last night, we saw dust and dirt around the baseboards of the entire room. There was hair on the carpet that had not been vacuumed up. Numerous scratches and unattended to scuff marks on the walls and doors. Definitely not a 3 1/2 star hotel. I looked in the hall of the hotel, and sure enough, dust along all the baseboards. I stay in a lot of hotels; a minimum of 26 weeks out of the year. I have stayed in cleaner 3 star hotels, compared to this place.
Based on my experience of staying in numerous hotels, the uncleanness prevalent in my room is not an isolated incident. With the dirt in the hallways of the hotel, the dust that stays on hour finger as you run it across the top of the armoire, the rust marks on the door of the indoor pool, etc., this is definitely a management / leadership issue for the entire hotel. I'd have to say that I agree the customer that gave this place 1 star:. the pictures are not reflective of what the hotel is really is.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
AficionadoPossible,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us and others about your recent stay. It was disappointing to read your comments about the cleanliness issues you observed. I sincerely apologize this did not meet your expectations nor does it meet ours.

As readers here know, I will not make excuses to you. The conditions you found however are not typical of the way we normally keep our hotel. Cleanliness is obviously a daily expectation and paint and other conditions can and do get done in as timely a fashion as is possible. However, this doesn't change the fact we fell short on this visit. I sincerely hope you will give us another chance in the future to better meet your expectations and show you why we actually deserve the good scores others have had reason to give.

Tallahassee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Nice staff, beautiful woodsy rooms, only lacks on site restaurant (they were closed Thanksgiving weekend)

We had a wonderful time and slept like kings! Literally one minute to Town Center! We shopped until we were tired, took a nap, and then went back again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hello MadreBella,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us and others about your in November. My team and I sincerely appreciate your kind words about both the hotel and the service by our team. We are looking forward to a return visit from your family and you.

orlando, fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here for the past year off and on. When I first started stayin here Dec 2011 I liked this hotel...very clean, pet friendly good location. I've started noticing over the past few months that the rooms are looking very worn (Lots of bumps and bruises simple fixes such as touch up etc in the rooms). rooms are small in comparison to marriott. The restaurant has stepped up their game and are offering a new menu (however a month later the old menu still was in the room for room service so guests can't see the wonderful new options available. I would have thought at roll-out of a new menu it would have been immediately put in the rooms).
With Aloft being closed for a few months it seems that Sheraton is capitalizing on their rates, I recently saw $190/night which is ludacris when u see the rooms...shouldn't be more than $125 on the high side. I've recently started staying at newer hotels in Jax that has more to offer. Since i am a gold member I do love Starwood but won't stay here everytime I'm in Jax with the ridiculous rate.

• Stayed December 2012
RSmithSJH, General Manager at Sheraton Jacksonville, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Hello firelax10,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. I appreciate the constructive comments about the property as well as the shout out for the new menu in the restaurant.

The oversight of the new menus in the rooms for room service has been corrected and we are always diligently at keeping the property looking fresh and clean. I won't make excuses but I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you might have had and my team looks forward to welcoming you back on a future stay.

Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed here for one night. This Sheraton exceeded my expectations in terms of condition and decor. Everything looks cozy and up to date. The hotel staff was friendly. Check in and check out was a breeze. The bathrooms were super nice with updated appliances. The room was clean and comfortable. Keys worked. The big desk area is useful. TV picture quality was sub-par and zapping through channels extremely slow and annoying. But we found a wonderful radio station on the dinky radio that played 40s music and relaxing Christmas music. Somebody had turned the volume all the way up on some rap station - perhaps a prankster. As comfortable as we were, the stay was marred by the never-ending noise that first came from one room adjacent to ours, then from crying children on the other side. If that was not enough, people were loitering on the hall and opening/closing doors all night. The noise issue seems to be a never-ending saga during my hotel stays. At least the bed was super comfortable once I felt asleep. Right around the corner from the hotel is an excellent town center with a myriad of shopping options. Really enjoyed picking up a few last-minute gifts right before Christmas. To my amazement, no store was really busy.

Room Tip: really depends on how lucky you get with your neighbors whether a room is good or not.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello soe75,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. My team and I appreciate the kind words about the service and the product. I sincerely apologize for the noise of other guests that marred and otherwise comfortable stay.

The comments I receive are reviewed with my team and they all make a difference. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on a future stay.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I was on the road coming down to Florida from Montreal and reserved a room in an instant. The service, like all Sheraton Hotels, was very quick and the lady gave us the infos efficiently about breakfast. Definitely a place that does more to please than to make profit.

Have a good day.

Room Tip: Get a club room on the 6th floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Jean-Francois L,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. My team and I sincerely appreciate the kind words about both the product and the service.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back on a future stay whether at the last minute or on a planned visit.

Ray

Been to Sheraton Jacksonville? Share your experiences!