“Excellent operation & Terrific Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #64 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Excellent operation & Terrific Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

The hotel is fairly new-approx 4 years old which I like! Immaculate, modern with friendly accomodating staff (Is everyone in Jacksonville so kind and friendly?). The room I had was spacious, great bed and pillows. The bathroom has a shower, is good sized and attractively designed. I was orginally situated in a room that had a view of a massive expanse of concrete rooftop which made me feel claustrophobic. I moved the next day to a room that was a better fit for me. Also, the hotel accepts pets on all but the 3rd floor, so I requested the non-pet floor as I am very allergic. There is a medium sized fitness room with several aerobic machines, ie treadmill, stepper, free weights, and bench. The fitness room would benefit from a universal type workout machine for those that are not free weight persons. There is a bar-restaurant which has been pretty lively some nights. I had 3 meals here which were all very good. There is a business area which sits right dead center of the lobby and open. The computers always worked and are very fast. There is a concierge level that offers food for breakfast and snacks in evening. The food is fair. Unlike other premium levels that I've experienced, soft drinks are not readily available during the day and there is a charge for evening wine. The main area on this level was devoid of people most always except for a girl who will get you a coke or wine. BEWARE that on the concierge level there is only one computer and it uses the "UNIGUEST" service. I have started confirming that a hotel where I am considering staying at DOES NOT use this UNIGUEST system. It slows down the computer by about 75%, will not let you open attachments or even PDF's, it is impossible to do anything on this computer if you need to access anything. IT IS THE MOST handicapped, user un-friendly system I have ever experienced. Last time I was at a Westin that had this system, I had to go to a Kinkos to get anything done. Luckily the lobby business area computers in this Sheraton are not handicapped by this system.

The highlight of this hotel, in addition to the above is the staff. They are professional, friendly, and will do just about anything possible to be accomodating. The front desk staff, including both Shon and Shawn are especially notable, as is the F&B person "Teddy", who cannot be more concerned about your enjoyment of the food and your dining experience even if just a sandwich at one of the high top tables. Finally, I had one concern which I shared with the general manager, Ray, and he responded immediately and made everything perfect. I would recommend this hotel if you are in Jacksonville, Fl

Room Tip: Lookout for those over the roof rooms, and know there is a pet-free and a concierge level floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RSmithSJH, General Manager at Sheraton Jacksonville, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Hello SunnySideUp,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. My team and I are sincerely appreciative of your kind words. It was very nice of you to share the many features of our hotel with fellow travelers. I also appreciate the personal shout out as I am sometimes the one being shouted at. :)

My team and I are looking forward to being of service to you again in the future. Oh, and I am looking into getting that Uniguest computer on the Club level replaced per your recommendation.

170 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I booked this on Priceline the day we traveled to Jacksonville. I paid $58 (with fees it totaled $71). Rooms that night were selling for $159 through Sheraton directly.

Upon arrival, we immediately noticed a very clean and modern lobby. The Front Office Supervisor, Michael, greeted us and made us feel extremely welcome. I travel very frequently and this guy was probably the nicest and most genuine hotel employee I have ever encountered. For example, after the first contact and each time I passed by that evening, he referred to me by name.

We had a clean, modern, fully equipped room with two double beds and free Wi-Fi. Upon requesting a spare set of sheets so one of our kids could sleep on the chair (her request), Michael, the Front Office Supervisor, offered us an Aerobed air mattress for free. He sent an employee up to inflate and make the bed. One kid slept on that which freed up some bed space for the rest of the family (5 of us total.) Dogs are welcome at this hotel for no extra fee, so we had our little mutt with us.

The pool appeared to be on the small side for indoor pools, but my kids loved it. It had the powerful jet that allowed you to swim against current for exercise. It also had jets that you could turn on that basically turned the entire pool into a powerful spa, with jets located around the entire perimeter. The fitness center was clean, modern and well equipped. It had a high ceiling and hard wood floors, so jumping rope is no problem.

I would without hesitation stay at this place again. It is within 2 minutes of the St. John Town Center, which has endless dining and shopping options, and is close to downtown Jacksonville.

Michael should be given a raise!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hello Danield528,

Thank you very much for the very kind words about our property and team. These kind words are especially nice coming from a seasoned traveler and reviewer such as you.

My team and I sincerely appreciate the time you took to review our property and are looking forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Recently, my husband and I stayed at the Sheraton, on Baymeadows. The property is well kept up, the rooms are super clean and just lovely to stay in. The staff is warm and friendly. They seem genuinely concerned, that your stay is enjoyable.
I really liked the fact that the only way a person can go up the elevator, is to use their room key! Such security is impressive! I actually felt safe, in the hotel room.
We took our Chihuahua with us, and he was very calm, and happy, not wired out, and yappy, as he usually is. The room was very quiet, and we had a great night's sleep. Good pillows, on the beds. So important, to me.
Oh! The view from our 4th floor window was serene: pine trees, and a lake. So relaxing to look out, and see nature.
We ate at the hotel's restaurant, and even though an issue came up, about the food, the manager was professional, and he resolved the matter, quickly, pleasantly, and fairly. I would love to stay here, again, if the opportunity arises. Overall, the stay was quite good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
RSmithSJH, General Manager at Sheraton Jacksonville, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Hello Nancy B,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us and others about your recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure to read such reviews. My team and I sincerely appreciate the kind comments about the staff and property. We agree there is a great view from the lake side of the hotel and the higher floors present the best view of it. I was happy to hear you appreciated the elevator security and that your traveling pet was able to relax as well.

Warm regards,

Sanford, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

I am a very frequent guest at this hotel and would recommend it highly. The staff is excellent and very accomodating. They always strive to make your stay enjoyable. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. If you need anything, you just need to ask and the staff will try to help you out.

• Stayed August 2012
RSmithSJH, General Manager at Sheraton Jacksonville, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Hello brookssanford,

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your stays with us and for your very kind comments about our team. We are always looking forward to welcoming you back on your future stays.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

The area has all types of shopping and dining. The Hotel has everything you need on a more intimate level. A restaurant with a full service bar. Rooms seem larger than the Marriott I stayed in a couple of exits away and all new furnishings at the Sheraton. Nice large desk with a comfortable lounge chair. Great bed!

10 minutes to the beach and close enough to the city. You are less than 5 minutes away from every imaginable chain restaurant.

Room Tip: Although pets are welcome, they have a floor for no pets which is of more interest to me. Pick a hig...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hello bruces4gt,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us and others about your stay with us in Jacksonville. We appreciate your informative comments about the area location and for your very kind comments about our hotel and team. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another stay.

Key West, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

Hotel had no one available to help with luggage.. Room was was small, no refrigerator, nice bathroom, good space, bed comfortable, plush pillows. Fair value for the money. Restaurant was not open late but served us at the bar. Tenderloin tips were slightly spicy bit sooo good..

• Stayed August 2012
Hello sandy 3579,

Thank you for taking the time to describe to others and us your stay with us here in Jacksonville. there is always someone available for luggage assistance and we are suppose to ask you if you need it. I am disappointed this was not the case for you but will not make excuses for it. Microwaves and refrigerators are available upon request and free but are limited and not in every room. We hope you will stop by again and allow us to welcome you back the next time you're in Jacksonville.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Next to a lake with some some quiet views, this hotel is a very well-run property with great engaging and accomodating staff (minus the cleaning people who are loud, ignore the do not disturb signs and lie on the spot as it suits them) :)
A club floor room was quite small, but perfectly well-done, with nice design of the bathroom (walk-in shower, nice amenities including mouthwash, a robe, perfect towels), big flat TVs (no external sources, no close-captioning - all disabled via remote), no HBO either.
A continental breakfast was served on the club floor with excellent coffee machines, some yoghurts, muffins and breads - the free breakfast was included in the stay, but I misplaced the coupon - still not sure why in 2012 we have paper coupons from the hotel for the hotel services - but that's just ranting on a side :)
VERY quiet AC, big flat screen TV, plentiful AC plugs and a very big window-side table with tea/coffee brewing stuff (ignore, for the club room equipment) and free water in the club room fridge. Very well-designed bathroom with top-notch towels.
HIGHLY recommended. Pets are welcome with no fee! Plenty of dogs of all sizes :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Hello heyvalera,

Thank you for taking the time to describe your stay and encounters with our hotel. I was disappointed to read about the perceptions that housekeeping left, but I sincerely appreciate the other kind words and the informative descriptions you shared. My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Ray

Been to Sheraton Jacksonville? Share your experiences!