“Good value, great service” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #68 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Norway
“Good value, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

Stayed here one night as a part of a roadtrip.

Check-in: Friendly. We celebrated a special occasion, which front desk remembered.

Room: As we are Starwood platinum members, we got a nice suite upgrade. I would not say it is the largest or most modern suite I have seen, however, it is always great to get some extra space.

Did not have any noise issues from elevator (as the previous reviewer), however we are not very happy with hotels where you can hear toilet flusing from next door/above or under. Especially when it comes from the wall next to the bed. Was woken up at 6am by the busy businessman next door who was getting ready for work...

In additon, I would probably recommend asking for a room not facing the highway directly, as the traffic noise was not completly blocked out.

Area: Centrally located for visiting most parts of Jacksonville, but being close to two rather large highways, it wasn't exactly secluded or quiet. Not the hotels fault, but we found downtown Jaxville very boring. Probably should have headed to the beach instead.

Lounge: A bit strangely layed out, as you actually come directly into the lounge when entering the top floor. The lounge was kind of dark, for no obvious reason. Plus they should consider some more tables, as eating breakfast in a sofa is not very convinient. Food selection okay.

Check out: Swift. No problems at all.

Something else? Well, we had some trouble getting the correct amount of stay points credited after the stay, but the GM took care it of himself. Impressive. If only all GMs would be that serviceminded

All in all a good Sheraton with great service. Would stay here again.

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
RSmithSJH, General Manager at Sheraton Jacksonville, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review concerning your recent stay. I sincerely appreciate the nice comments as well as the constructive points of view you shared with other travelers as well as us. It's obvious why other travelers find your reviews so helpful. It was also very kind of you to give me the personal shout out, thank you.

It was a pleasure to be of service to you before, during and after your stay and we are looking forward to another visit from you in the future.

Ray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

After we checked in, went to the room, the door wouldn't open. The key card worked, but the safety latch on the door was closed & prevented it from opening. Went down to the desk, got a new room. No apology from the desk staff. He stated, "yeah,that happens".

The room was not clean, there was a candy wrapper on the floor. There were only 2 bath towels in the bathroom. I went downstairs to get another one and got attitude from the same desk clerk.

The shower doors were on backward making closing the shower awkward.

This was a 3 1/2 (of 4 possible stars) star hotel booked on hotwire, I don't think so.

The bed was comfortable

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
RSmithSJH, General Manager at Sheraton Jacksonville, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
Hello Janice,

First, thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I was disappointed to read about the experience with the door not working properly, but particuliarly disappointed with our response. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this caused you.

As you will read here I do not make excuses, and a service experience such as yours is certainly not the normal way my team conducts themselves. I take your comments very seriously as does my team and I insure you I have already discussed your experience with them.

I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to be of better service to you. We look forward to that chance.

Kind Regards,

charlottesville, va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed here on an overnight on our way to south Florida and wish we could have stayed longer. We booked on Hotwire and were pleasantly surprised with the location and the value of the stay! It was easy to access the interstate and the location was very close to many restaurants. Free wi-fi access was nice as well. We ate a light meal in the restaurant and bar area and the food was quite good. The pool was wonderful -- it was small but completely jetted as if it was a spa pool! The kids loved it! A nice room and a nice stay in a good location. If we make it back to Jacksonville we would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
RSmithSJH, General Manager at Sheraton Jacksonville, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
Dear momoftwo03,

It is always a pleasure to respond to such kind words about our hotel. My team is very appreciative of them and more importantly of your choice to allow us to be your home away from home even for a short stay like yours. It was very kind of you to point out the special features of our pool which your children enjoyed.

It was a pleasure to be your host and we are looking forward to another visit from you and your family.

Tampa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

I've had good experiences with Sheraton in the past but this hotel seemed (more) like a lower Quality motel (less the free breakfast).

The front desk was helpful and most of the public areas appeared clean but our room had an open coffee bag left on the desk.

Amenities that we've come to expect while traveling weren't present at this hotel.

The "star rating" on this hotel didn't meet our expectations but if your traveling on business it's clean comfy and staff are friendly.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
RSmithSJH, General Manager at Sheraton Jacksonville, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
Dear Channelkatz,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay in Jacksonville, Florida. I was disappointed to hear about the perception left with you about our hotel as a result of the coffee bag and the lack of expected amenities. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this caused.

I will not make excuses. The hotel is located in an office park and many of its features cater to the business and short term leisure traveler. The large desks and movable table accommodates most of these needs well. In addition microwave combination refrigerators are available on request. Guest armoires contain 4 skirt hangers and 6 pant hangers each, iron, ironing board and shelves located behind doors to remove your items from view. The guest bathrooms feature marble sink tops atop stainless steel shelving and include standard guest room amenities by Shine of shampoo, conditioner and hand lotion along with two bath soaps. The vast majority of our rooms include spacious walk in showers and rooms with bathtubs are available upon request.
Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. I take every comment seriously and share them with my entire staff and management team. I may be reached directly at Raymond.Smith@sheratonjacksonville.com if I can be of further assistance.

melbourne,fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

My husband and I were in town for the Players Championship and enjoyed our second stay at the Sheraton Jacksonville. We were upgraded to the club floor...most likely due to the fact we purchased the Starwood moments package. The only problem we encountered was actually booking the room, as the contact that was given at the hotel did not respond to voice mail or e-mail. Luckily, availability opened up via the spg site and we just booked over the internet.The room was extremely clean and comfortable as was the rest of the hotel. We dined at the Bold City Grill, which was new this year at the hotel. To our surprise, it was actually very good and the prices were reasonable. Hopefully, we will be back again next year!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
RSmithSJH, General Manager at Sheraton Jacksonville, responded to this review, August 7, 2011
Dear ga2rgirl65,

Thank you so very much for your kind comments about your stay during the TPC event in Jacksonville. I was disappointed to hear about the trouble with the reservation contact, but am delighted to know the rest of your trip and stay went as expected.

It is always a pleasure to respond to kind notes such as yours and I sincerely appreciate all feedback. We are looking forward to hosting the SPG event again in 2012 and hope to see you then.

Ray Smith
GM
Tallahassee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

My wife and I have used the hotel for several weekend get-a-ways. During those stays, have been upgraded or given access to the lounge because we are Starwood Members. On our last visit, I was told that we could not be upgraded or given access because we were not platinum members. I told the desk personnel that we have been here before and received the benefit. She told me that they were under new management and it has been changed. I told her the web page says nothing different or that you have to be platinum. She told me that there was nothing she could do. I was mad, so I left and went to a different property. I will start looking for a different spot because the lounge made the get-a-ways a little more special and REALLY relaxing. By the way, I have sent 2 e-mails to the contact us e-mail on their web page and I have not heard back (that was a few weeks ago). Thought I would let everyone know in case you enjoyed what I USE TO.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
RSmithSJH, General Manager at Sheraton Jacksonville, responded to this review, April 24, 2011
Dear eagle_gsu,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at the Sheraton Jacksonville Hotel. It is true we have new owners; however the Starwood Standard for free upgrades to the club level has not changed. Platinum guests are always entitled to the best available room, where as all other members are always entitled to a paid upgrade using cash, points, or cash and points based on availability. In fact our current pre-arrival message offers a $10 upgrade to the club that normally costs $20 based on availability.

I sincerely apologize for any confusion cost by one of my team members in explaining these benefits both in the past as well as this most recent visit. The club level includes additional bath amenities, a complimentary continental breakfast, evening non-alcoholic beverages, evening hor'd and 24 hour snacks and beverages and has limited availability for $20 additional to any rate.

New York, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

When we arrived at the Sheraton Jacksonville I thought that this hotel exceeded my expectations and I also felt I found a real nice gem for when I travel down to South Florida. The hotel is very nice and very new but that's really all it has going for it. I have never stayed in a room where you could literally hear every word of the people next door from the second they wake up till the second they go to bed. The walls are ultra thin and I guess this was the reason I was also able to hear a yapping dog from down the hall which didnt stop barking from 9pm to 11pm as I suppose the owners left the dog alone in the room. The rooms itself are very nice and updated but the bed was definitely not the Sheraton sleeper as it was an average bed at best. The television was a pain every single time to turn on and turn off and I can handle a remote with the best of them. The door weighs a ton and my fiancee would need help if she ever wanted to get ice or move a bag out of the room. Business Center is very nice and restaurant which we never used looked nice as well. The guy who checked us in was a stiff and the girl who checked us out was very pleasant. Overall a very mixed stay but would not stay again based on the thinness of the walls which was the worst in my life and that consists of 150+ hotels.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
RSmithSJH, General Manager at Sheraton Jacksonville, responded to this review, April 20, 2011
Hello NYflanctraveler,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your visit to the Sheraton Jacksonville Hotel. I sincerely appreciate your kind comments about the hotel and understand your concerns about the perception of the thin walls and TV operations. I apologize for any inconveniences these may have caused.

As you noted we do allow pets and most of our guests are responsible enough not to leave them in the room unattended as they are asked to sign a note promising to not do that and making them aware we will remove any pet unattended from a room and board off site at the owner's expense if they are inconsiderate enough to allow this to happen.

I do not make excuses for things that go wrong or do not work as planned. However, I will say we serve many guests every night and our principal goal is to insure you are given a feeling of comfort and belonging as we know traveling can be tough enough without opportunities such as these. I am very sorry we let you down on this trip and hope if your travels bring you back to Jacksonville you will again choose to stay with us and will give us an opportunity to say hello personally and see to it that you are having the experience you expect at our hotel.

Ray

Been to Sheraton Jacksonville? Share your experiences!