“Very nice course and very nice people” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 74 Activities in Jacksonville
Type: Golf Courses, Sports
Activities: Golfing
More attraction details
Owner description: This public course welcomes walkers after 4pm.
Saint Augustine, Florida
43 attraction reviews
“Very nice course and very nice people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I went there as a single golfer and the staff could not have been nicer. They allowed me to take a golf cart and tour the course before they partnered me with three other players. I was very impressed with the golf course and how well it is maintained. I didn't play so well that day, but I am looking forward to going back.

Visited March 2012

Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“Awful Facilityu”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

This is the second time I have come as a single. I go to the starter and ask if he can get me on and he says they are booked with foursomes for 2 hours. I look on the first tee and there is a threesome waiting to tee off. I ask him why I cant play with them and he says its a foursome so I literrally have to yell to first tee to ask if they are a threesome and they were. He lets me on and I ask if I can have my own cart for i am on call with the hospital which he replies how diffucult I am being. I play the round on terrible greens which I paid 75 dollars to play then ate a hot dog at the turn which I am now sick again. I got sick the first time when I ate a hamburger. I will never go here again.

Visited February 2012
Monmouth Beach, New Jersey
“In a down-hill lie”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

Last year, I refused to play this course due to the fact that it was charging out-of-state residents a premium. I spoke to the manager regarding what I thought was a discriminatory practice against a lot of people who have contributed to the economy of the area. It fell on deaf ears but, then again, Jacksonville is no longer the place where I grew up in which such a practice would never have been considered. Nevertheless, I had played the course over the last several years and although it has been in a slow decline, this year, hopefully, is as close as it gets to its nadir. The course is unkempt, the greens are in sad shape, the bathrooms are filthy, and ball cleaners are virtually non-existent. And even though it gets a lot of play, to add insult to injury, they have raised their fees 20% in the last year. Too bad . . . it was a fun and challenging course to play.

A TripAdvisor Member
“treated like royalty at Windsor Parke”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2004

It was cold outside but the staff was warm and friendly. #'s 1 and 2 needed some grass on the greens, but from there on the course was a joy to play. Everyone moved well. No real holdups. Good service and good food inside. Not a lot of distance, but lots of water and stategic play to make the course challenging and fun. We had a great time.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Great day at the Parke”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2003

Great day at the Parke. I play this course regularly and it remains one of my favorites. Challenging course that stays consistenly in good shape. There were a couple of greens challenged in the early spring - but the course is back.