“An average place to stay. Not the best place for the price” 3 of 5 stars

Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #30 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tampa, Florida
“An average place to stay. Not the best place for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Receptionist was courteous and there was wide range of choice in breakfast. Beds and towles were clean. Rooms and the entire hotel is very dated. Shower lacked pressure and tub was too shallow. Tv had only std quality programing. Fridge was noisy right though out the night. Widows were not blocking out outside noise.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
RegionalManagerSE, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Jacksonville West, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Asme J,

Thank you for you review. The team works very hard to ensure our guests have an outstanding stay.

We are at a loss for not meeting your expectations regarding your stay. We will look into the areas you have provided us in and take corrective measures to fix them promptly.

Deanna Hensley - General Manager
Country Inn & Suites - Jacksonville West

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Wilmington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is functional and clean with a very pleasant staff. Pamela couldn't be nicer and more welcoming. The best part of this inn is its proximity to Avondale-a totally hip area of restaurants and shops that you must not to miss if you are passing through Jacksonville.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Wpb Fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I was stuck at FLL airport and my flight was first delayed so I called the Hotel to tell them my flight will get in late. I was told I had 2 reservations. I explained there is only suppose to be 1. I called back a few hours later explaining that my flight was cancelled. So I was told 1 room would be cancelled at no charge but I would have to pay for the other one since I double booked. I explained a cancelled the first one then booked again. There was no care that doing the cancel online did not cancel the booking. Moments later my card was charged. I will never visit this hotel when in the area and am disgusted at the customer service.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
RegionalManagerSE, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Jacksonville West, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Romeeko,

Thank you for your review. Our team works very hard to ensure our guest have an outstanding stay. I do apologize that your expectation was not met.

Please be advise that there are procedures and policy that needs to be followed and since our policy is the same day cancellation by 4pm, I believe that our team had worked with you by canceling one instead of being charged for both rooms, and was even offered to change dates for a later arrival date in the future, but you declined. All our guest at this location are fully aware of the policies and procedures that we must follow.

Deanna Hensley - General Manager
NWIN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I try to always be fair with my reviews, so here is the good, bad, & smelly. We stayed here on Feb 8th, prior to cruising out of Jaxport. We have stayed in several other Country Inns & this didn't live up to what we have always experienced in the past. The area seemed sketchy, it was a tad less scary in the light of day, but not great. There was a VERY foul & strong odor in the front desk/lounge area, which smelled like terrible body odor. I dismissed this at first (maybe someone forgot to bathe?), but the smell lingered every time we passed through, even the next morning. It was pretty nauseating. The front desk person was less then friendly. She wasn't rude, just not very welcoming or friendly. We have pretty high expectations for CI&S though, as we have always had great experiences at other locations. After checking in, we went to the Wendy's for a quick bite & pondered just checking out. When we returned & inquired about doing so, the desk person said since we'd checked in more than 1/2 hour before it would be impossible for her to take the charges off, "especially since we used the bathroom". So we just figured we'd stay since it was only for the night. As for the room, it was ok, appeared clean, very nice bathroom. The hallways (carpet & paint) looked a bit tired & could use some sprucing up. Breakfast was standard hot/continental fare, enough to start your day. Breakfast attendant wasn't very friendly though. The person working the desk in the morning (a man this time) was much friendlier than the woman working the night before.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Dear guest

We are at a loss for not meeting expectations regarding your stay. We will look into the areas you have given us guidance in and take corrective measures to fix them promptly.

Kapil Bava - General Manager
Country Inn & Suites Jacksonville West

Been to Country Inn & Suites Jacksonville West? Share your experiences!