“Breakfast was Terrible” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Rome, Georgia
“Breakfast was Terrible”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed in this hotel on our way to Port Canaveral.The lady who checked us in did so with little eye contact or personal rapport. the room was clean and the bed comfortable. However, the breakfast was terrible with no one dedicated to keeping the food or utensils replenished. I went to the front desk and let the attendant know that there were no forks available. The lady rolled her eyes and went into the dining area and started restocking everything. We waited for some time but the hot food was never refilled. Finally we and others who had been waiting left. The lady was going back and forth between the kitchen area and the front desk. Perhaps we caught them on a day when they were short handed.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
RegionalManagerSE, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Jacksonville West, responded to this review, 1 week ago
LovesSanibel,

Thank you for commending our cleanliness and comfort of our guest room. We do pride ourselves in our cleanliness and quality of breakfast. I am sorry to hear that the utensils and food was not restocked in time. I will be conducting a meeting to address any of these types of issues from occuring again. I hope that you are able to give us another chance to host you while in the Jacksonville area. Once again thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Country Inn & Suites Jacksonville West

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Toms River NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel was clean and comfortable but the location was in a very unsightly area. The breakfast was uninviting. They served canned fruit salad and previously frozen bagels. This is the 3rd Country Inn that we stayed at recently and the least friendly and appealing.

Room Tip: Poor wifi reception on the first floor. Noisy in the back near the highway.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
RegionalManagerSE, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Jacksonville West, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for expressing your feedback regarding our hotel. I am happy to see that you found our hotel clean and comfortable. I do regret the shortfalls regarding your comments concerning breakfast. We will take these suggestions into consideration in our next meeting to improve the breakfast experience.

We hope that you allow us another chance to host you when in the Jacksonville, FL area.

Amelia Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

Spent a few nights stay at this hotel for thanksgiving and upon checkin my family and I were greeted with the most friendliest front desk clerk, not knowing he was the General Manager! He was extraordinary helpful and went out of his way to accommodate my entire family during our stay. While he was checking us into our room he politely said " if there's anything that you need during your stay with us please feel free to call him ( Kapil ) and he or his staff will do their best to make sure our stay here pleasurable and memorable!. " this is by far the best service we have gotten!.. The entire hotel itself is very nice, rooms were spotless and beds are comfortable!. The breakfast was great I give the entire hotel an A plus for takin good care of us during our stay and being the most friendliest people I've known in a long time!..

I truly believe that the service that was provided to us was extremely amazing! We felt like we were home away from home!... They will take care of you and treat you great!. I'm very surprised to how the entire staff and the General Manager treats their guest and how much it matters to them how their guest have enjoyed their stay with them!.. I will definitely come back to this hotel again because not only was the price was reasonable but the hotel is clean and the staff are wonderful! You don't find this kind of hospitality at many hotels! I don't just go by what others have to say but I go by what I have experienced during our time and I'm first to admit this was a great and wonderful week for my family and I!..

Thank you Country Inn for your generosity and the wonderful amazing service you had given us... I will recommend this hotel to everyone!...

Stayed December 2014
Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2014

In mid October I booked 3 nights at the Country Inn and Suites Jacksonville West, in Jacksonville, Florida. The dates of the stay were to be November 25 depart November 28. We had stayed at this hotel in the past and I gave them a good review on TripAdvisor. The rooms were booked one night using 15,000 Club Carlson point, one night using 5,000 points plus cash and one night using a voucher .
When I arrived at the hotel to check in I was greeted by a not so friendly person at the desk. He asked for my driver’s license and credit card and I also handed him the voucher for the free night. Reading from my license he immediately started typing into the computer. When I asked him what he was doing he told me he was entering my driver’s license number. I told him to stop, he did not need that number, and no one had ever copied my driver’s license number before. He said it was their policy. I told him if it was their policy he would already have a record of it since I had stayed at that property so many times before. He said he needed it because “How do I know you won’t trash the room?” I replied, “Because I have stayed here numerous times and have never trashed a room. And how do I know you won’t steal my identity?” He said he could find no record of me ever staying at this property before. He then said it was for my own protection because “…if I got mugged in his parking lot he would have some way to identify me.” I asked him to call his manager. He taps the name board on the wall and said “I am the manager”. I had never met him before and there was no way I would have known his name. He takes my license, credit card and voucher and roughly slides then back at me and said “Then I can’t check you in”. I had to catch them to keep them from falling off of the counter. It got worse from there. So I called customer service and spoke with Roxanne. She would put me on hold and call the manger and this went back and forth. Finally she said “none of this would have happened if you had just given him what he wanted” I told her “OK, I will but if I have problems with identity theft this is the first place I will look” So I walked back to the desk to give him my license and check in.
When I booked this reservation I stated I needed an accessible room with a roll-in shower.I mentioned the accessible room to the manager as I again handed him the license and credit card. He told me it was not available that someone had checked in the night before and extended their stay. To make a long story short he said someone had extended their stay in every accessible room in the hotel.
So I called Roxanne back. She told me this guy had already cancelled my reservation and put my points back into my account. I have never had a hotel copy my driver’s license before and I am not sure how much of it he got copied. In today’s world you just never know what a company or person may do with any information they can steal. I hope it was just his lack of knowledge thinking he needed the driver’s license number rather than the license plate number. But if he is the GM he should know the difference. And I hope it truly is not their policy to copy that information and keep it in their computer of anyone to access.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
RegionalManagerSE, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Jacksonville West, responded to this review, December 3, 2014
Suitcaselady725,

It is hotel policy for every guest to present an ID during check-in. We do this simply to identify each and every guest that registers into our hotel. This practice is common hotel practice. The reason to input your ID information is not only for the security of our guests but to make sure we are able to quickly identify guests just in case of a security breach or any other emergency situation that may arise. The ones you have described in your review can be described as a graphic examples of possible security breaches. Hotel policies/procedures, when followed, allow for a safe/secure environment for both guests and hotel staff. Every guest that registers into our hotel is required to provide the hotel with proper identification for the reasons described above.

We do pride ourselves providing mindful, genuine, and welcoming atmosphere and would like to clear any false accusations regarding my professionalism.

Respectfully,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2014

has a busy mother of two great rest is always a good thing and this hotel had wonderful mattresses and there is nothing I could complain about. Great place to stay. great service, great location, I would recommend it to anyone

• Stayed October 2014

Been to Country Inn & Suites Jacksonville West? Share your experiences!