“Excellent Stay!.. ” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Amelia Island
“Excellent Stay!.. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Spent a few nights stay at this hotel for thanksgiving and upon checkin my family and I were greeted with the most friendliest front desk clerk, not knowing he was the General Manager! He was extraordinary helpful and went out of his way to accommodate my entire family during our stay. While he was checking us into our room he politely said " if there's anything that you need during your stay with us please feel free to call him ( Kapil ) and he or his staff will do their best to make sure our stay here pleasurable and memorable!. " this is by far the best service we have gotten!.. The entire hotel itself is very nice, rooms were spotless and beds are comfortable!. The breakfast was great I give the entire hotel an A plus for takin good care of us during our stay and being the most friendliest people I've known in a long time!..

I truly believe that the service that was provided to us was extremely amazing! We felt like we were home away from home!... They will take care of you and treat you great!. I'm very surprised to how the entire staff and the General Manager treats their guest and how much it matters to them how their guest have enjoyed their stay with them!.. I will definitely come back to this hotel again because not only was the price was reasonable but the hotel is clean and the staff are wonderful! You don't find this kind of hospitality at many hotels! I don't just go by what others have to say but I go by what I have experienced during our time and I'm first to admit this was a great and wonderful week for my family and I!..

Thank you Country Inn for your generosity and the wonderful amazing service you had given us... I will recommend this hotel to everyone!...

Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

In mid October I booked 3 nights at the Country Inn and Suites Jacksonville West, in Jacksonville, Florida. The dates of the stay were to be November 25 depart November 28. We had stayed at this hotel in the past and I gave them a good review on TripAdvisor. The rooms were booked one night using 15,000 Club Carlson point, one night using 5,000 points plus cash and one night using a voucher .
When I arrived at the hotel to check in I was greeted by a not so friendly person at the desk. He asked for my driver’s license and credit card and I also handed him the voucher for the free night. Reading from my license he immediately started typing into the computer. When I asked him what he was doing he told me he was entering my driver’s license number. I told him to stop, he did not need that number, and no one had ever copied my driver’s license number before. He said it was their policy. I told him if it was their policy he would already have a record of it since I had stayed at that property so many times before. He said he needed it because “How do I know you won’t trash the room?” I replied, “Because I have stayed here numerous times and have never trashed a room. And how do I know you won’t steal my identity?” He said he could find no record of me ever staying at this property before. He then said it was for my own protection because “…if I got mugged in his parking lot he would have some way to identify me.” I asked him to call his manager. He taps the name board on the wall and said “I am the manager”. I had never met him before and there was no way I would have known his name. He takes my license, credit card and voucher and roughly slides then back at me and said “Then I can’t check you in”. I had to catch them to keep them from falling off of the counter. It got worse from there. So I called customer service and spoke with Roxanne. She would put me on hold and call the manger and this went back and forth. Finally she said “none of this would have happened if you had just given him what he wanted” I told her “OK, I will but if I have problems with identity theft this is the first place I will look” So I walked back to the desk to give him my license and check in.
When I booked this reservation I stated I needed an accessible room with a roll-in shower.I mentioned the accessible room to the manager as I again handed him the license and credit card. He told me it was not available that someone had checked in the night before and extended their stay. To make a long story short he said someone had extended their stay in every accessible room in the hotel.
So I called Roxanne back. She told me this guy had already cancelled my reservation and put my points back into my account. I have never had a hotel copy my driver’s license before and I am not sure how much of it he got copied. In today’s world you just never know what a company or person may do with any information they can steal. I hope it was just his lack of knowledge thinking he needed the driver’s license number rather than the license plate number. But if he is the GM he should know the difference. And I hope it truly is not their policy to copy that information and keep it in their computer of anyone to access.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
RegionalManagerSE, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Jacksonville West, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Suitcaselady725,

It is hotel policy for every guest to present an ID during check-in. We do this simply to identify each and every guest that registers into our hotel. This practice is common hotel practice. The reason to input your ID information is not only for the security of our guests but to make sure we are able to quickly identify guests just in case of a security breach or any other emergency situation that may arise. The ones you have described in your review can be described as a graphic examples of possible security breaches. Hotel policies/procedures, when followed, allow for a safe/secure environment for both guests and hotel staff. Every guest that registers into our hotel is required to provide the hotel with proper identification for the reasons described above.

We do pride ourselves providing mindful, genuine, and welcoming atmosphere and would like to clear any false accusations regarding my professionalism.

Respectfully,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

has a busy mother of two great rest is always a good thing and this hotel had wonderful mattresses and there is nothing I could complain about. Great place to stay. great service, great location, I would recommend it to anyone

• Stayed October 2014
Boynton Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

Friendly staff and very clean hotel. Hot breakfast. The staff guised us around explaining where is what and great selections of neighbor restaurant. Easy in and out from Interstate 295. Will go back again. Never had any issues with Radisson family.

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014 via mobile

First impressions are last impressions. With that said, I am very pleased with my stay at country inn jacksonville west. They were very attentive to the customers needs. If you get what you pay for then I think I got a bargain with excellent service and hospitality at this location. I will most definitely recommend others to stop by for available ammenties, cleanliness, hospitality, and overall satisfaction. I am glad I found this property.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
RegionalManagerSE, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Jacksonville West, responded to this review, November 8, 2014
Dear Aesha B,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I am happy to find that you were extremely pleased with our hotel, staff, and amenities. Our goal is to provide a good value proposition as you have mentioned with our complimentary hot breakfast and various other amenities. Thank you for choosing us as your home away from home. We look forward to your return!

Merrill, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

We had an excellent experience. The front desk clerk Missy was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, and the bed was very comfortable. We would definitely stay again! Thanks for the great stay!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dollywissell,

Thank you for choosing our hotel. I will share your feedback with our hotel staff. I am happy that we were able to provide the best of the best service in Jacksonville, FL! We look forward to your future visits.

atlanta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

We went down for the UGA / FL football game. Room was very nice, very clean, comfortable great value. the staff was exceptional. Was right off the free way, very easy to find and get in and out of. Comes with breakfast and free wifi. just a great value for the money, about a 15 minute ride to the landing.

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Brad T,

Thank you for recognizing our staff, value, and location close to downtown Jacksonville. We hope that you had an enjoyable time in Jacksonville during the GA/FL college football weekend. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope to see you back next year at game time!

Country Inn & Suites Jacksonville West

Been to Country Inn & Suites Jacksonville West? Share your experiences!