“Friendly front desk” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
Akron, Pennsylvania
“Friendly front desk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Kudos to Pam at the front desk. Very pleasant and helpful. Gave us fresh cookies and went out of her way to assist us with bikes that needed to be in a safe place for the night. Only downside was that the breakfast room was poorly stocked at a time when it really wasn't very busy.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Came into Jacksonville late (11:00) pm to find a room. Staff was great,stayed in a King room. Room was Excellent.
Leaving the next day for a meeting, found I had locked my keys in the trunk. The nice lady at the front desk ( Amanda) called a Locksmith for me and kept my gear safe, while I went to my meeting. Locksmith opened to car, I was on my way.
Will stay at this location every time I am in the area.
Ask for Amanda when you visit.

North Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

This was a pleasant surprise for a business hotel. Sent here on business, usually go with the cheapest. The lobby is quaint. The room was a bit tacky, but clean and spacious. The bathroom was nicer than I expected. Complimentary breakfast is about average, but with a lovely lady who makes sure all is well and you have everything you need.

The hotel staff all around was wonderful. Probably the nicest staff I've ever been around in a hotel. There were three issues though that will keep me from going here again.

1) About 1/8th of a mile from train tracks that are used all night long. Train goes through around 11pm, blowing the horn for about 10 minutes. Then every 20-30 minutes until about 4am.

2) I had a connecting room. The doors are thick wood doors. For some reason, they do nothing to contain sound so I heard my neighbor coughing all night long as if he were lying in bed next to me.

3) The curtains are quite heavy, which is awesome. Except you can't close them. Outside the room were 5 street lights and the lit up hotel sign shining through sheer curtains. Had to use an extra blanket, the Bible, and the phone book to shut out the light because the lovely heavy curtains aren't allowed to close...

Mostly the train was the issue. If not for this, it would have been a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side to avoid the street lights, and get one without an adjoining room to avo...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
RegionalManagerSE, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Jacksonville West, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for commending our team at the Country Inn & Suites Jacksonville West!! We appreciate the kind words you have provided about the staff and the guest suite. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

This is a decent motel, but there are 2 things to be aware of:

1. It is hard to find in the dark, as it is not actually on Commonwealth, but rather an alley access behind the Comfort Suites. Look for that instead

2. It is close to the train tracks, so beware that you may need some white noise to cancel that out

Room Tip: Probably try to get one on the east side, as the west side is closest to train tracks
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and pointing out our location which is offset from Commonwealth. We also try to mention to many of the guests that we are located behind the Wendy's Restaurant. I am glad you were able to find us!! Thank you for your business and hope to see you back soon!

Claxton, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

This was a last minute reservation - just a few days before check in. We got a suite with separate bedroom (w/ two queen beds). Check-in & check-out was quick and worry-free and staff was very friendly.

Room & Rate was comparable - We had two teenage boys who slept in the room and my husband & I took an air mattress and slept on the hide-a-bed in the sofa. (Those are NEVER comfortable; so we planned ahead). I wouldn't try to use this room for more than 4 or 5 people - it's larger than a regular room, but the "living room" area is small. BUT there are t.v.'s in both rooms & high speed internet. We used Wi-Fi instead of the hook-up for the internet. It was a little slow, but we were pleased that it even worked.

The complimentary breakfast was "doable". They served waffles, eggs, potatoes (they called it a "casserole" but it was just red potatoes with seasoning), sausage, oatmeal, fruit, bagels/muffins, etc.

There aren't many restaurants around - but you are within a few minutes of driving to Orange Park or other areas of Jacksonville, and there are several there.

We would definitely stay again!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
TheSaylors2004,

Thank you for your wonderful comments in regards to our staff and overall facility. I will be sure to share this with staff members!

Hamilton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

We have visited dozens of country inns and some are unfortunately worse than others. We were in Rm 204 and had several carpet stains, the office chair seat was cracked and unable to adjust. I like curried food in a restaurant but I don't think the hallways should smell of it. It was not a good experience.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
RegionalManagerSE, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Jacksonville West, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear guest,

I apologize that our hotel did not exceed your expectations. I will use the information provided by you to see how we can improve the areas you have mentioned. Please feel free to reach out to me at (904) 786-0388.

Respectfully,

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Had to visit Jacksonville to work on some property, and needed a hotel close to where I was working for a couple of weeks. Country Inn met my needs. The staff were exceptionally courteous, and even took the time to enroll me in a rewards program. Food was good (hot breakfast every morning), pool was clean, maid service was fine. Pool was even equipped for special needs folks. This area is a little off the beaten track, but with the highway system in Jacksonville, you are only 15-20 minutes away from anything. I stayed at a Best Western by the airport my first night in town, and I won't go back there again. Its 15 minutes to the airport from Country Inn. Close to some good eateries, with some fast food joints within a 5 min walk.

Highly recommended if you staying in Jacksonville.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
RegionalManagerSE, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Jacksonville West, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review!! I will be sharing these wonderful words with all of my staff. It was a pleasure having you during your stay.

Kapil Bava - General Manager

Been to Country Inn & Suites Jacksonville West? Share your experiences!