“Decent hotels.........I've read the reviews!!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West, FL

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West, FL to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West, FL
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7035 Commonwealth Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32220   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #28 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Helen, Georgia
“Decent hotels.........I've read the reviews!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

First of all this hotel is not in the most scenic of areas. You can walk to a Burger King. The lobby is up to date along with a high cathedral ceiling. The first room we went to the bathroom ceiling was in repair. It was not finished with a job that obviously maintenance was working on. We requested another room. Front desk, Virgi*** was very, very pleasant. She was READY to make sure our stay was good for us. The second room was nice. Up to date flatscreens. The mattresses were pretty firm. The furniture up to date. I loved the granite in the bathroom along with the granite in the shower stall. I had never seen that before. Mirrors were up to date. You can tell that much thought had been put into the overall rooms. The towels are actually white. Not very good water pressure.

Major problem was the sheets. Hair in the sheets...lots of it. I called front desk and while he did offer to redo the bed for us, he did bring us another set of sheets. The sheets that he brought us ALSO had hair in the sheets. I had originally thought this was a housekeeping issue, I had originally thought that housekeeping just "popped" the sheets by not changing the sheets from the previous guest, but it seems to go beyond that. I guarantee housekeeping does not have the time to take a magnifying glass to scope for hair on the beds that they do, they shouldnt have to do that. Either there are washing machine issues or the person folding the linen is not qualifying the linens. All the hair was disgusting, as it ranged from what appeared to be pet hair to pubic hair.

Also, the person who came to replace the linen did not dress as if he worked for hotel. Maybe he was owner or owner family. A uniform code would have been nice. As no uniforms are worn. Which takes away from taking anyone seriously. Also, many of the reviews for this hotel are negative. Possibly due to some simple training issues and maybe getting your rooms qualified. If there are certain rooms that have "special" issues, then either these rooms should not be rented out to guest or sold last or honestly inform the guest and provide a small discount due to anything in a room that is an issue. Also, as far as customer service goes, who wants to be talked to rudely. And no, the customer is NOT always right. However, alot of headaches can be avoided when graciousness is used in our tone while being firm and direct. Anytime, we go outside of the line, we leave ourselves "wide" open.

Overall, due to the "plethora" of hair, I will not be back to this hotel. But it seems that if these minor issues are taken care of, then this could be a four star property.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
RegionalManagerSE, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West, FL, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. We have had no hair issues prior to or after this guest at our hotel.

Country Inn and Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, I work out of town often and am consistently looking for a good place to stay where I can park my truck's.
This hotel has a very good parking lot for trucks of all sizes, they also have security cameras on the parking lot.
All of the stuff that I came in contact with were pleasant and accommodating, they even let me bring my insulated cup in to fill with coffee!

Great place for the business traveler.

Win.

• Stayed May 2013
Savannah, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We spent a week traveling in Florida, and this was the best nights sleep of the trip. Very comfortable beds. The staff was very friendly and helpful, very polite. The room was very clean and everything worked. While awake you could occassionally hear a train in the distance, but it was never loud enough that it woke us. Great Stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
RegionalManagerSE, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West, FL, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments!! I will be sure to share your these with our staff! We hope to see you again in the near future.

Country Inn & Suites Jacksonville West, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

By far the worst experience we have ever had at a Country Inn. Rude, no hateful management. Poor customer service, room was not clean...still had trash in trash can from the last visitor. Never again at this location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

I regret the experience was not up to your expectations. I will definitely be in touch with our housekeeping department to see why there was an oversight on the trash receptacle. I would like to know about any other issues you had during your stay so that I am able to address them accurately with our staff. Please feel free to contact me to discuss. I will assure you this will not happen again and invite you to come back on your next visit.

Country Inn & Suites - Jacksonville, FL
Bedford, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel was not the best Country Inn And Suites that we have ever stayed at. The room was not very clean and had some problems. The sink drained slow, dirt on the walls, curtains that were coming down and sheets and a blanket that were not in good shape. I think that they have really let this place go. Front desk was very friendly and breakfast was ok.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West, FL, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
We apologize for the experience you had during your stay at our hotel. We have addressed your concerns regarding the condition of the hotel, and we will be taking the necessary steps to correct these problems as soon as possible. We appreciate your feedback, if you have further comments please contact us at 1-800-967-9182.
Brewster, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Desk personnel gave us more expensive room without informing us about it and when we complained about it to the manager he denied it. Our room was facing highway and it was unfortunately very noisy. We will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms with odd numbers are facing highway.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RegionalManagerSE, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West, FL, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear guest,

I am sincerely apologetic that we did not have any standard rooms (less expensive) rooms available when you arrived at our hotel. As a "walk-in" we do not offer rates for room types that have already been sold out. The rates that are offered are room types that we have available in inventory for the particular date of stay. In this case the suite rate was quoted and offered based on the availability for the particular day/stay. To ensure that you will be able to secure the best rates available it is necessary to make reservations ahead of time to ensure the best price + availability for our standard room type are available to you. I hope that we can regain your business in the future and please contact me anytime to make reservations.

Respectfully,

Country Inn & Suites
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Upon check-in I was given a room on the third floor. When my daughter and I go down the hallway to the room we were stopped by housekeeping and asked what room we were going to...then was informed that the room that had been assigned was dirty (at 5pm-?). I followed the housekeeper to the front desk. He presented our card keys to the desk clerk and told him that the room he assigned us was still dirty and proceeded to give him a list of the rooms that were clean. The desk clerk then put our key cards down and began to assist another customer!!! I interrupted him and asked if he would assign me a room since the room he already assigned was dirty before he move on to another customer! He apologized and said certainly! The room was clean, however there were a few "worn" and "repair" issues we noticed with the room that would not take much $ to fix, just attention to details. (Like new caulking around shower and sink, washing the duvets and bedspreads more often, etc). The room also only had two half rolls of toilet paper. This was a problem as my daughter had a GI bug and was frequenting the bathroom often. After returning from a trip to Wal-Mart to get my daughter medicine, the front desk clerk tried to have me sign another form for room 320 (which was the dirty room)...if I had I was informed by a friend that I would have been charged for two rooms! No wonder they have no idea what room is vacant and what room is occupied. The biggest problem we encountered though was the rudeness of the front desk staff name Missy. My daughter went to the front desk to get more toilet paper and some towels. No one was at the front desk. After waiting about 5 min. with no response she went to the breakfast room where she heard people talking & laughing. She asked if she could get some help and Missy spoke up and told her, "You better change your attitude or leave!" It spiraled downward from there with Missy and my daughter verbally abusing each other to the point that Missy asked my daughter to "meet me out front at 8am when I get off and I will kick your [--]." Never have I ever had a customer service representative allow a situation to get so out of control. When I spoke to the the manager/owner Mr. Kapil Bava I was not appeased either. He basically "stuck up" for his employee stating that everyone deserves respect...that I understand, but never ever should a guest feel threatened. Missy was rolling her eyes and making comments under her breath and generally acting like a spoiled child while I was on the phone with Mr. Bava. Definitely not what Country Inn & Suites nor any other hotel chain wants to represent them as customer service!!! Avoid this place like the plague. If they continue down the road they are traveling they will be out of business in less than a year and then maybe someone else who actually wants to operate a successful service-oriented business can take over.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We are sorry your experience at our hotel was less than acceptable. We do hold our guest services department to the highest level of service and respect. I will review any of the issues stated in your review to fine tune further our operations. I did review the video footage to further learn about the situation and found that the guest (daughter) was using profanity against the front desk. In any situation I feel this as inappropriate and degrading manner in any interaction.

Respectfully,

Country Inn & Suites Jacksonville, FL

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West, FL? Share your experiences!